shape
carat
color
clarity

Recylcing project complete AKA my fave Christmas present

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I inherited a "motley" yellow gold ring that held 3 stones. The largest of which is a 1ct I VS1 OEC. I always new that this stone needed a better home and deserved to be showcased in setting that was more appropriate for the antique nature of the stone, but of course it was only after seeing all of the lovely halo''s here on PS that I knew what this stone''s "true calling" was. The setting is white gold and has about .24 in melee around the stone and in the bale. I went w/ the bale after reading so much about flipping, etc. Jelly''s pendant was a big inspriration to me!

Here is an old post w. unfinished piece and original ring link

And here are some pic not so great pics (I took them at night in my bathroom!) of the stone in it''s new home!
I love it and was so excited to finally get it on Christmas morning!

IMG_4287.jpg

A shot where you can see the milgrain around the bezel a little more:
IMG_4291.jpg

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Dark pic, but you can really see the detail in it-
IMG_4273.jpg

Cool view from the back- look at the blue fire coming from some of the melee- I wish I could get a closer shot of the back of the OEC- it''s really cool- no culet.
IMG_4279.jpg

Side view- please pardon my juvenile fishy shower curtain!
IMG_4277.jpg

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!! Love the milgrain around the bezel and the diamonds set in the bail! Enjoy!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
36.gif
It is gorgeous!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
This turned out beautifully - love the extra touch of diamonds in the bale!!! Neck shot please.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Love it!!!

lucyloo

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful home for your OEC!! Can''t wait to see it on you . . .
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is really lovely! Enjoy it, I love recylcing things!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous pendant! I have one similar that DH got me for our 1st anniversary, without milgraining... Congrats! It''s lovely.
36.gif
35.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It turned out great!!! Congratulations!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks RockCandy, Dana, sundial, blingdiva, lucyloo, monarch and kcoursolle.

I need to get some daylight and neck shots. Those pictures really don''t do it justice and make the OEC look yellow, which it is not.

It was a fun project, I think hubby really enjoyed seeing the unfinished casting, the unset stone and the melee and then seeing the finished product.

Recycling is always a good thing!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your project turned out beautifully! I envy you people with "extra" jewelry that you can dismantle and reassemble into something fabulous like this!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wonderful pendant! Great job!

cheers--Sharon

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pendant! I certainly envy your skills and "eye" to reset that diamond. It turned out wonderfully!

susi

Shiny_Rock
Oh, yes....very very very.......I love OECs....

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I love that pendant. Great job.

shay

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
How beautiful!!!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Your project turned out beautifully! It''s gorgeous. More pictures please!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very nice setting. I love how the back of the stone is exposed. And the rest of the setting is nice too. Of course I am envious of you having a 1ct OEC to play with. But you did a wonderful job creating a setting worthy of the stone. Who did the work for you?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it. You should do a neck shot.
Beautiful

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! I was inspired by Jelly''s Whiteflash/Adwar casting pendant, prior to seeing her project this stone had been sitting in the ring I rec''d it in since I was in high school. I always knew the stone needed a better home, but didn''t know what/how to go about it until I had spent some time here and saw all of your lovely pieces. I looked through the adwar catalogs online, then went into a v. small b&m in my parents'' town and told them what I was looking for and they pulled out their catalogs and we looked through them. I had had Ted Baer look at the stone here in NYC and he told me that the girdle was relatively thin, so I decided to go w/ a bezel, and thought that the milgraining would really compliment the antique cut stone, since bezels can seem a little modern.

Here are some neckshots. I took them on a plane after noticing the crazy fire that was bouncing off my neck. I tried to get a good one of my rings and necklace, but it was tough to get them all in the light at one time.
IMG_4302.jpg

IMG_4296.jpg

IMG_4300.jpg

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow! It''s gorgeous!!!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, it''s gorgeous! Would you please share the specs of your OEC?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Gosh it sure looks pretty against the backdrop of your sweater! Thanks for the neck shots!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks even better on, and your rings are great too!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/1/2007 10:40:51 PM
Author: simplysplendid
Hi, it's gorgeous! Would you please share the specs of your OEC?

Details of my OEC- 1.00 ct, I color, VS1 and upon closer examination small culet.

I took it to Ted Baer for a quick once over, to learn how much it would cost to buy a match for the stone since my initial thought was to try and find a twin for it and make earrings. Ted told me it really wasn't suited for earrings and I learned that finding a match for it would be difficult and out of our current budget. I didn't get a full appraisal, so I don't know all of the specs, flouresence, etc.
I have to admit when they removed it from the ring and put it on the scale in front of me and it weighed in at 1.00 ct I was thrilled.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
You made great use of your OEC in that pendant....it really shines like a star. Just beautiful!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results