shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC recycling necklace project pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some pictures of the project in progress.
The finished product is going to be my Christmas present.

Ring- center stone is a 1.00 OEC, I color, VS1

setting (unpolished) is WG and I think will take .25 ct in melee

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
slightly better pic:

also here is the little envelope of melee that's going into the halo-

A little blurry, but you can see the stone fits in the setting perfectly! I can't wait until Christmas!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Last one-

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, what a fun recycling project! Can''t wait to see pics of the finished piece -- bet it will be gorgeous.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I am really looking forward to it! It''s been real fun to look at all of the different settings, etc. and I am excited to have this stone in a piece I can wear everyday!

I think it might be finished the weekend after Thanksgiving. Hopefully more pictures then.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh...what a hard wait! It is going to be awesome!!!

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Great to see that you''re keeping the OEC and not recutting it to a round brilliant cut.

From what I just read in a trade publication, better quality OEC diamonds are increasing in price and are getting more difficult to find.

Enjoy the results of your project!

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a great project, can''t wait to see it once it''s finished. I love OEC''s!!!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/20/2006 2:47:24 PM
Author: Modified Brilliant
Great to see that you're keeping the OEC and not recutting it to a round brilliant cut.

From what I just read in a trade publication, better quality OEC diamonds are increasing in price and are getting more difficult to find.

Enjoy the results of your project!

Thanks!

I have a transitional brilliant cut in my e-ring, and I thought about having it re-polished to remove a small chip and some of the "wear" on the facets to perhaps reduce some leakage, but it seems like a risky proposition, so I am not in any rush to have it done.

After being bit by the antique cut bug, I decided I need to give this stone a proper home.

I had this OEC looked over by Ted Baer here in NYC, as I had no idea of it's size or other specs. He told me not to re-cut it and gave me a NICE
9.gif
replacement value estimate for it. Basically I can't afford to buy a twin of it to make earrings and as Ted told me the stone is rather deep, so it wouldn't be well suited for earrings. He also said that if I didn't want it he could probably find a buyer for it, or find a vendor who would make a trade with me, but I couldn't part with it.

The ring I inherited was a recycling project of the 60's- what I believe was an attempt to use 3 antique stones in a modern setting and it never looked "right" to me- even when the ring was originally given to me when I was in high school. I looked over a LOT of setting options and when I found this it was just right. I felt like goldilocks- too many pave bezel settings were too modern or too antique w/ too much filigree work going on- this one is just right!

I am so excited about it.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Is that an adwar pendant?

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Jelly- it''s not an adwar pendant- but I will say I was inspired by your semi-custom pendant!
I looked on adwar''s website (because of your lovely pendant) but my jeweler doesn''t have that catalog, so I found something very similar that I actually liked more in one of the catalogs he did have. The pendant has milgraining around the bezel of the center stone and the pave border looks a little "flower-like" when finished.

I don''t know which company''s catalog it was though- I can ask him though. My husband and I visited the project this weekend- since the setting is my Christmas gift from him.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah I can''t wait for your finished pendant photos. It is going to be just lovely!!! I love OECs.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I see a fair amount of Old European and Old Mine Cuts mixed with a Round Brilliant Cut and set into a modern three stone ring.
You''re right...it never looks good. The diameters and shapes are different in most cases but some folks are more into flash than aesthetics.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like it''s going to be a stunner...please update us with pics of the finished product when it''s done!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dtnyc: can''t wait to see pics of the final product! It will be gorgeous! I have a .40 RB set in a very similar setting and love it--DH picked it out himself and gave it to me for our 1st anniversary. I get many compliments on it and it is one of those pieces I will keep forever and never change as it is such a classic design, imo. Congrats!!!!
36.gif
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results