shape
carat
color
clarity

Recycling project

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elle

Shiny_Rock
Quote is very reasonable but the "yellow" comment is worrisome!

The dbty style is very pretty. I would not mix the lucida in though - too much.

How about the necklace that SJP wore on SATC - the Fred Leighton one that her Parisan lover Alek gave her? You could do it with bezels instead? Like set your stones in mini-bezels and let them free float all on a chain in whatever patterned alignement you prefer? Loved SJC''s - uber cool, modern and oh-so- pretty!
Not a very good pic here tho: http://www.usatoday.com/life/lifestyle/2004-02-23-satc-necklace_x.htm

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Surfgirl,
Thanks!

Elle,
That''s a nice necklace, but I don''t have enough stones for it. Btw, you mentioned "Nam Ho" earlier? Are you in/from Singapore?

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi harriette, i would definately ask irina to perform her magic. i would want to go into the project knowing the jeweler fully understands what you are wanting. 500 is only a bargain if it is what you want.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2007 2:34:22 AM
Author: elle
How about the necklace that SJP wore on SATC - the Fred Leighton one that her Parisan lover Alek gave her? You could do it with bezels instead? Like set your stones in mini-bezels and let them free float all on a chain in whatever patterned alignement you prefer? Loved SJC''s - uber cool, modern and oh-so- pretty!
Not a very good pic here tho: http://www.usatoday.com/life/lifestyle/2004-02-23-satc-necklace_x.htm
I dunno - I''d be somewhat worried about culets and tables clanking...SJPs was made out of ''beads'' that weren''t faceted...I like your idea but it would make me nervous.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
See below.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 10:08:05 PM
Author:Harriet
I have 3 pairs of small, but treasured, diamonds that were given to me by my parents. Pair 1 is 0.03 each, pair 2 is 0.16 each, and pair 3 is 0.31 each. I''m thinking of having them bezeled and set in a 16-inch white-gold chain. The stones would be spaced out, with the largest 2 at the bottom, followed bythe 2nd-largest, etc. Thoughts? Thanks!

Btw, I''ve gotten a quote of $500. Does that sound reasonable?
I''ve made my decision! Pair 1 has been dinged and the Lucida added. The Lucida will be prong-set, inverted, and will dangle in between pair 3 connected by a tiny loop.

Btw, I also got a much lower quote!

Thank you all for your help.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds great! I can''t wait to see it. How long did they estimate it will take to make?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
At most a week!
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2007 8:12:04 PM
Author: Harriet
At most a week!
36.gif
oooh, not bad at all!! I can''t wait to see the pictures.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait. I reminded the jeweller that women like instant gratification.

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds lovely Harriet - can''t wait to see the pictures!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope the necklace works out. Each stone is very meaningful to me -- the rbs were gifts from my parents and the Lucida my original e-ring.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is a great way to keep them near your heart and always have them...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you made a good decision, Harriet! I can''t wait to see it!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
good for you harriette! it sounds like you will have a winner. i will be watching for the neck shots.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2007 12:19:10 AM
Author: crown1
good for you harriette! it sounds like you will have a winner. i will be watching for the neck shots.
me too! How is your LM ring coming along? I want to see pics of that too
36.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi skippy! i, unfortunatley, don''t have an lm project going on. but thanks for asking since you thought i did.
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF,
That is a touching way to put it.

Skippy,
Are you thinking about my LM project? If so, I''m still waiting for him to find a square tsavorite that will satisfy the both of us.

Back to my recycling project:
I may have the jeweller attach something to the back of the Lucida so I can dangle future stones (diamond or otherwise) from it. Whatcha think?

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Harriet. Sounds great! I''m a little unclear though about Pair 2 - where will those go?

I like your idea of putting a jump ring/loop on the back of the Lucida setting so that you can add to it later - super idea!

Why did Pair 1 get nixed? If they ae too small to bezel-set, maybe you could have them imbedded in the clasp, similar to what Roberto Coin does with rubies.

Harriet, please make sure that the people making your necklace do quality work! Have you seen samples? Have you used them before? If not, have you checked their BBB record? I just don''t want you to lose those diamonds because the chain is weak or the workmanship is poor.
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2007 12:33:52 PM
Author: starryeyed
Hi Harriet. Sounds great! I''m a little unclear though about Pair 2 - where will those go?

I like your idea of putting a jump ring/loop on the back of the Lucida setting so that you can add to it later - super idea!

Why did Pair 1 get nixed? If they ae too small to bezel-set, maybe you could have them imbedded in the clasp, similar to what Roberto Coin does with rubies.

Harriet, please make sure that the people making your necklace do quality work! Have you seen samples? Have you used them before? If not, have you checked their BBB record? I just don''t want you to lose those diamonds because the chain is weak or the workmanship is poor.
1.gif
Pair 2 will go on either side of Pair 1, with an interval of course.

Pair 1 got nixed partly because they are out of proportion (asymmetry bothers me) and partly because their quality is not very good.

Will do the due dili!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Sounds really nice Harriet! Can''t wait to see pictures!
1.gif

I''m working on a little project myself. I''d lvoe to hear your thoughts on my thread in Colored Gemstones.
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''d be my pleasure to help you for a change.
1.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Oops - sorry Harriet, the link isn''t working. I''ll post pictures on Monday. I''m so worried about the setting!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
The necklace will be ready today.
36.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Big day for you, Harriet! Jackets AND a new necklace!!!!! Yay! So much fun!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll have the jeweller take pictures so you guys won''t be subjected to my horrible photo-taking (in my defence, I''m using a cameraphone).

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Ok, sooooooo???? We''re waiting.......
3.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Patience, my dear.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry, I only have a phone camera right now.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I love it. Looks great on your neck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results