shape
carat
color
clarity

Receiving an offer (I hope jcrow is willing to share the fairy dust!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
The house my husband lived in before we got married has been on the market for 7 months with no bites (well one offer, but they rescinded w/in a week, the wife loved the house the hubby not so much).

It''s an amazing home but the area around it is a bit, well odd. He just got a call from our RE agent that someone who viewed it yesterday is sending over an offer; he just went to her office to check it out. The RE believes it''s going to be low-ball and they''ll need to counter but that the people have enough to afford more than what they want to pay.

So here''s hoping to a deal gone through. There are many projects that have been put on hold around our new house because we''re paying 2 mortgages, how I would love to get started on making this house a home (if I can get past my decorating fears that is!). I''m not getting my hopes up yet, we did last time and were so disappointed when the buyers pulled out.

So please send some good luck our way as well!

Thanks!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fingers and toes crossed for you! And even if it is low-ball don't be put off, just negotiate hard. If they want it they will pay!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i''m sure there''s enough to go around
9.gif

sending some good vibes your way!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks DeeJay. We''re making a good amount of money of this house either way as DH purchased it when it was brand new and prices have really gone up since then. He''s willing to take a lower-end offer if it''s not contingent on their house selling as we won''t be losing any money, but of course the more we get the better off we are. His agent is awesome, she''s been in the field for over 30 years and has worked with hubby for the last 7 or so; she''s fair, honest and in the know and when she doesn''t she asks (DH is in RE investment so she often calls him with questions).

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks jcrow!
35.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Good Luck!! I hope everything things goes well. I was in and am still in this predicament so I know exactly how you feel.
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending positive vibes your way, good luck!!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 4:34:20 PM
Author: butterfly 17
Good Luck!! I hope everything things goes well. I was in and am still in this predicament so I know exactly how you feel.
2.gif
It''s so frustrating!!! We look at the yard and say "When the house sells we''ll start making improvements" and when we look at the blank walls or our terribly mismatched bedroom it''s "When the house sells..." So many of our sentences begin with those words it seems!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Keeping my fingers crossed and sending fairy dust your way!!! We started building our current house before the old one was sold so I understand where you are coming from. Fortunately everything fell into place for us and I'll bet the time is right for you too!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope that you can all agree on a price and that the deal goes through without a hitch! Good luck!!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Girl,
Fingers CROSSED!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
k, now it''s your turn.
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
fingers crossed

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
We''re doing the RE dance. The offer came is as expected, low. John countered and they came back with another tad-bit-higher offer. John is going to meet w/ our agent again in the morning to create a final offer. I don''t like this game, he loves it!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
*sprinkling fairy dust, throwing fairy boulder*

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
**************sending special counter offer dust!!!!!***********

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimberly........sending as much magic dust as I can spare (since I need some to get my place in Tampa sold), but hopefully I have enough to send your way and you get an offer you are happy about. Then, please return the dust our way as we really really really need to get our place sold too.

Best wishes..........Rod

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock

Good luck!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 10:12:53 PM
Author: Rod
Kimberly........sending as much magic dust as I can spare (since I need some to get my place in Tampa sold), but hopefully I have enough to send your way and you get an offer you are happy about. Then, please return the dust our way as we really really really need to get our place sold too.

Best wishes..........Rod
There''s enough to go around and I am more than happy to share, Rod!

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately DH has come down with an illness of some sort, either food poisoning or the same virus that sent his mom to the hospital (she''s had it twice, they were ready to discharge her and it started all over again, poor thing!) so I''m not sure there will be any RE progress today.

I''ll post when there is news to be shared.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
These people must really love the house, they''ve agreed to all of our new terms and the house is already in escrow (30 days!). They''ve put down a large, non-refundable deposit so it looks like this may be it. WOOT!
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW...congrats Kimberly! I''ll keep sending good vibes that it all goes smoothly!!!!!!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 6:44:16 PM
Author: TravelingGal
WOW...congrats Kimberly! I''ll keep sending good vibes that it all goes smoothly!!!!!!!!
Thanks TG, it was the fairy boulder you tossed my way!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Yay! That is excellent news!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks equ! I promised DH I wouldn''t get too excited until the deal closed but I can let it out here and not add pressure on him! The inspection should be no big deal, the house is only 4 years old and in great shape, so it seems like all systems are go.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Of course a deal is never done until the check clears the bank, but if they put down a significant nonrefundable deposit that is a really good sign! We''ll keep our fingers crossed until you close!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimberly, that sounds fantastic! As a realtor I dare not say "congratulations" lest the deal is jinxed (
2.gif
), but this all sounds like great news!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies! It was a pleasant suprise to know it was all done so quickly. They must really want the house as they had the deposit ready to go before the offer was even made. It''s usually such a waiting game I was shocked at how quickly things moved from offer to escrow. Here''s to continuing in that same vein!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/9/2007 6:41:24 PM
Author: KimberlyH
These people must really love the house, they''ve agreed to all of our new terms and the house is already in escrow (30 days!). They''ve put down a large, non-refundable deposit so it looks like this may be it. WOOT!
36.gif
WOW!!!! That''s just wonderful. Say, now that you no longer need the Fairy Dust, please send it all my way. We really really really really really (did I say really?) need to get our place sold in Tampa, so we can fully transition our lives to NC.

Thanks and Congratulations again!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s great news Kimberly, will keep my fingers crossed that all goes smoothly. Rod, good luck to you, hoping your condo in Tampa sells quickly!!!! Extra fairy dust going your way!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results