shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Rec'd My WF Yellow Gold Three Stone Ring

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your birthday and your beautiful ring!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
So gorgeous!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Ain't 50 great? I will be 54 in Oct.

Secondly, beautiful ring!!! I am a big lover of yellow gold.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful!! I love the basket and YG.

Happy B-Day and congrats!! :appl:

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous upgrade!!!

ElleCee

Rough_Rock
D2B said:
ElleCee

I had to do a double take when I saw your wondeful ring and tripple check the photo :twirl: :twirl:
I love your ring :love: :wink2: , and as the original PS'er who had this design custom made by PS I am soooo excited to see someone else with the design.

WF did a great job on your ring. I am really chuffed to see someone else with the design and am glad you found my original post with pictures from WF - did you work with Joe as well?

enjoy

D2N

Well there you are D2B or D2N?. I posted in Rocky Talk but I guess you didn't see it. Yssie mentioned that she saw the thread (and she was inspiration for you if I remember correctly). I sent a message to admin to see how I could contact you personally and since Pricescope doesn't have Private Messages she suggested I just post that I liked your ring and was going to get one just like it.
rockytalky/d2b-imitation-is-the-sincerest-flattery-c-c-colton-t147810.html
I don't know how to post links on this board, but you can copy and paste and find my post. Or - I'll just copy my post:

Quote: D2B "Imitation is the sincerest flattery" This quote applies because I love, love, love your ring. When I was looking for ring ideas through the thousands of pictures on Pricescope I kept coming back to the picture of your ring. I noted what page it was on in the Show Your Bling thread so I could keep coming back to it. I clicked the link to your original thread many, many times. I loved the six prongs for the center stone (works for me because I am so hard on my ring I feel it is safer for me to have six prongs), four prongs for the side stones, white gold prongs and yellow gold band (because yellow better matches my skin tone). And I especially loved the symmetry of the "trellis" prongs (goes with my accountant personality - everything equal and balanced). Sooooooo, I decided since I loved your ring so much, and I kept coming back to it, I should have one just like it! I hope you consider this a compliment and don't get mad. And since you're in Australia (correct?) and there's no chance anyone will see your ring on my finger, I figured it'd be ok to get a ring made just like yours - custom made to my center diamond 1.04 carats and with .4 side stones, through the wonderful work at WF. I hope you see this thread and so won't be suprised when I post pictures of my (looks like yours) new ring, which I can't wait to receive tomorrow hopefully. EndQuote

LOL I guess you were suprised. I admit I had to look up the work "chuffed" and I am pleased that you are pleased. Yes, Joe did the ring. He had to make new CADs and everything to match the different diamond sizes and ring size, and he had to adjust the bar that goes around the side stones a bit. But all in all it looks fabulous and looks like your ring! And I love it!!! Nobody will see the actual ring on your finger and my finger, just a few hundred people on Pricescope will see the pictures is all. :) You get full credit for the beautiful design. Thank you! And I am soooooo glad you are chuffed and not mad. I am enjoying my ring immensely.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Hi

D2B here, sorry for the typo before.

I am sooooooo flattered you love the design, I agonised hours and hours and yessie was the inspiration for my final design, so it is all sort of full circle in a pricescope way. I havnt had any problems with the design and it sits nice and flush and I still love it :love: and I love yours, the proportions are excellent - your 1.04 with .40 on each side looks great. I have .20 on each side, so a slightly different look ( well only to a pricescoper :cheeky: )

I am sorry I didnt see your original post, I would have definately responsed back and told you to go for it. JOe and WF where fantastic and so easy to work with.

Happy Birthday :appl:

Any other jewellery projects in the making? I am in australia, so for here I am all blinged out and with studs, pendant and this ring, no room for more, it is pretty over the top for a typcial Aussie :twirl: .

Sorry for the aussie slang, but chuffed definately is a good think :twirl: :wink2: and you have made my day to see the design enjoyed by someone else

D2b

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is fabulous! I love yellow gold and the proportions are perfect!! :appl: :love: :appl: :love:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's STUNNING!! I LOVE yellow gold, and I adore 3 stones! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!! :bigsmile: :love: :bigsmile: :love: :bigsmile:

ElleCee

Rough_Rock
Thanks everybody. And thanks for the birthday wishes. 50 - I'm still getting used to it.

I love Pricescope because Pricescopers notice the number of prongs and what type of gold it is and the diamonds and the style of the setting and the finger coverage etc.... As compared to showing people at work and elsewhere where the comments are so general like "pretty" or from the men who say "whoa, don't show that to my wife." (I kind of like that comment, makes me smile.) People at work don't understand or care that I looked at pictures for weeks and went to B&Ms and finally decided on the ring that I kept coming back to on Pricescope (thanks to D2B) and that required that I send my ring to Houston and wait for a custom setting to be made. I soooo love the custom setting and knowing that noone can go to a store and get the same thing (and only one other person has the setting :) ) and the setting so fits what I was looking for. So, thank you D2B and thank you Pricescope for being here.

D2B Yes, Joe and WF were fantastic and easy to work with. I'm so glad I went for it. Truly chuffed with myself!

I am very fortunate to already have diamond stud earrings. I recently had some loose opals made into a pendant. I'm thinking my next purchase is going to be a rhr. Maybe a five stone ring. I do like the five stones with the stones graduated sizes. Sooooo, we'll see when the next purchase happens. Hopefully sooner rather than later. Does 51 years old warrant a jewelry purchase? :)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
ElleCee said:
Thanks everybody. And thanks for the birthday wishes. 50 - I'm still getting used to it.

Does 51 years old warrant a jewelry purchase? :)

Of course turning 51 deserves a jewelry purchase. I think part of what being beyond 50 has done is that I don't wait so long for purchases these days. The future doesn't stretch out for decades like it did when I was in my 20s or 30s. So I am much quicker to pull the trigger on purchases than I used to be. I want to enjoy my pretties sooner, rather than later (or else I just accept that it will be never). :tongue:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your beautiful new three stone and for turning 50. 50 is fabulous! or at least that's what the charm says that hangs from my bracelet. ;)) You've got my very favorite three stone.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Elle- Happy Birthday! Your ring is gorgeous! :love:

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
It’s beautiful! I’m very partial to three stone rings and yours is lovely. Cheers to 50 and cheers to treating yourself!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results