shape
carat
color
clarity

Real pearl? What do you all think?

claere52

Rough_Rock
And I'm not sticking it in my mouth, lol!
I won this ring on eBay and I'm not sure if I paid a good price or got ripped off, but I do think its gorgeous. In the middle picture the pearl looks worn so its no longer rounded. Is that normal for a pearl?

20190722_163843.jpg 20190722_213638.jpg 20190722_213611.jpg

Original listing: This is a beautiful vintage 14 Karat Gold ring with Baguettes and Real Pearl. The ring is a size 6.5. I brought the ring to a reputable Jeweler and had it checked. He confirmed that it is 14 karat gold with a baguette on either side and a real pearl in the middle. This is a very beautiful ring and in excellent condition. All the facets are nice and secure to the baguettes and The Pearl.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If the jeweler says it is real, I would take his word for it. Enjoy your new ring!

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
I think OP meant the listing said the jeweler confirmed it. Do you have a loose pearl you can test it against? I was finally able to rub two fake pearls together at a store this past weekend and the difference is astonishing!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have only been buying and studying pearls since January so I am not an expert. The pink overtone and uneven shape of the pearl leads me to believe it is most likely a fresh water pearl. Most likely the pearl is not worn or it would be scratched and dull. The pearl would not be expensive- you can pick up a top drilled pearl on Etsy or other online pearl vendors to replace it if you ever damage the pearl. It is a beautiful ring- wear it in good health.

claere52

Rough_Rock
Yeah, the lister had their jeweler look at it, Rubymal. LisaRN - thank you for the info! I've definitely been worried about damaging it bc pearls seem kind of delicate.

This is my only pearl anything so I only have this one. I'll take your word for it :)

kikoko

Rough_Rock
it seems real pearl. Freshwater pearl.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results