shape
carat
color
clarity

Real or Fake Tiffany Legacy ring??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/23/2010 2:46:39 PM
Author: s00n2be
Thanks everyone for helping me figure this out.

The seller fully refunded me the other day! Guess I''ll be calling Tiffany & Co. sometime soon.
Great news!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad it worked out for you
1.gif

tonyc2387

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/23/2010 5:44:29 PM
Author: yssie
Glad it worked out for you
1.gif

ditto! glad it was relatively painless, too... would really have been awful if they (willingly?) misrepresented AND gave YOU crap for it.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad it worked out for you too! great news

TiffanyBlue

Rough_Rock
Hi, ladies. This is my VERY first post and quite a strange one to decide to jump in on. I''ve been a member for YEARS and have enjoyed drooling over everyones gorgeous rings, and I read threads daily from every forum, but I''ve NEVER posted. So, forgive me if I seem out of place, but I just had to chime in for this one and only post
12.gif

I do not own a Tiffany Legacy ring, but (see my user name
5.gif
) I am a huge fan of Tiffany and have seen all of their rings up close and personal. Legacy rings that have center stones under 1 carat do NOT have the little diamonds going up the gallery to the halo. If you look at the photo of the hallmark, you can see that the diamond is .76 carats. Also, if you check out some of the threads that feature smaller carat Legacy ring, you might see that the cathedral shoulders are not curved because the proportions are different (due to the small center). All the Hallmarks looked to be be legit to me, but I''m not an SA so I''m not trying to verify its authenticity. I''m just saying, it would''ve been a good idea to take it in to Tiffs to check. That''s all
9.gif

Whew, not that I''ve broken the ice with that out-of-the-blue, totally random post, maybe I''ll be brave enough to actually join the community and post some sparklies of my own! I''ve always wanted to, but I''m forum shy! I hope I didn''t offend anyone by giving advice on my first post. I''m really a good person, honest and for sure!

s00n2be

Rough_Rock
Yea, TiffanyBlue is correct on this topic. I had a chance to stop in at one of the Tiffany locations while traveling this week and noticed that their legacy rings under 1ctw or so did not have the stones set in the basket. I feel kind of bad now dragging the seller through the return process and everything...

Anyway, just wanted to let anyone know who reads this in the future that, in this case, it was an authentic Tiffany & Co. legacy ring...

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Don''t feel so bad - that particular one was made poorly even if it is authentic.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2010 10:04:16 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
Don''t feel so bad - that particular one was made poorly even if it is authentic.

I was thinking the exact same thing CharmyPoo.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/27/2010 9:59:36 PM
Yea, TiffanyBlue is correct on this topic. I had a chance to stop in at one of the Tiffany locations while traveling this week and noticed that their legacy rings under 1ctw or so did not have the stones set in the basket. I feel kind of bad now dragging the seller through the return process and everything...

Anyway, just wanted to let anyone know who reads this in the future that, in this case, it was an authentic Tiffany & Co. legacy ring...
I would guess the easiest and most efficient way to assure authenticity is through its center cut since it is a patented cut.

gooki

Rough_Rock
Glad it worked out for you, i found out the hard way that ebay is the worst for buying jewelry.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

I am not sure that confirming the "no pave on the undergallery: issue is enough to know it is for sure a real Tiffany.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 12:53:10 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

I am not sure that confirming the ''no pave on the undergallery: issue is enough to know it is for sure a real Tiffany.
Dreamer Dachsie,

Please reread what the orginal poster wrote. "I had a chance to stop in at one of the Tiffany locations...." So Tiffany''s was I''m sure the one that declared in authentic.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results