shape
carat
color
clarity

Real-life example of these prongs please? (Shared split/?fishtail type, eternity/five stone)

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Working on an oval 5-stone ring, very low set, as streamlined as possible. Had initially asked for shared prong and was thinking tapered claw but open to considering most things.

Screenshot_20240420-081706~4.png

First CAD has come back - have already decided to change to open baskets rather than closed. Aart from that I'm happy with all aspects except just not sure what prongs like this look like IRL! They don't look quite like the usual split prong?

Jeweller chose these because he reckons "they look better" but is happy to change to whatever I want. I'm not opposed to the ones in the CAD, just haven't seen real-life examples before. They look tiny and unobtrusive in the drawings which I know will be even more so when the ring is made, and the edges won't be square as they appear when the ring is finished and polished. He knows I want everything curved and streamlined.

Last edited:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the shared prong setting. The prongs will be small but secure. I have a five stone round ring with the shared prongs and love how you only really see the diamonds!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
I like the shared prong setting. The prongs will be small but secure. I have a five stone round ring with the shared prongs and love how you only really see the diamonds!

Do you mean a more standard single ball/claw prong, or as depicted in the CAD?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a good example on this thread (first post I believe)...yellow gold earrings.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Found it. I think these prongs will look less noticeable from a distance than a solid claw without the semi-split, or a ball prong, because the visual effect of the metal is "broken up" by the split so it blends more into the facets of the stones.

Screenshot_20240421-103416.png Screenshot_20240421-104220.png

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
There is a good example on this thread (first post I believe)...yellow gold earrings.

Haha that's my post too

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol-2: Didnt even realize that was also one of your post!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results