shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you have the same or similar earrings/pieces in different metal colours?

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Warning: Very Frivolous Question ahead!

I have recently purchased a pair of 1.5tcw shared prong huggies, 15 pointers in WG, internal diameter 12mm / outside diameter 16mm.

I LOVE them and have not taken them off since they arrived

However, I am now considering purchasing a similar BUT NOT THE SAME pair, in yellow gold. Split U prongs rather than shared prong baskets, same stone size but a smaller hoop (13mm external / 10mm internal).

I do mix metals, but like the idea of a smaller huggie and feel that the few mm difference does make a difference visually. I also have a couple of pairs of studs (one bezel WG / one prong set YG). I have no interest in larger or narrower hoops, nor danglies nor jackets nor anything else. Evidently my tastes are pretty simple

Is the metal colour difference and difference in diameter enough? Am I just being toooooo gratuitous and greedy, or do you get wear out of your similar earrings?

Current: PXL_20240408_040436940.jpg
PXL_20240408_035515970.jpg

Potential YG siblings:
Screenshot_20240420-084546.png

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
As a person who loves a good huggie, I vote both! The WG pair looks great on you, and I love that the YG pair is subtly different.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have bezel set smaller studs (each set about 1 ctw +/1) in yellow, white and rose gold. I wear each set and don't feel like they are duplicative. I also have 8 prong martini set studs (each pair about 1.9 ctw +/-) one in yellow and one in white. So I have no problem with buying similar pieces in different metal colors. If you want a YG pair, I think the metal color makes them different enough, even if the stones and everything else is basically the same. You are going with metal color change and size of hoop change, so to me, they are different earrings.

For classic earring styles, I think it’s no big deal to have multiples as long as you’ll wear them. Huggies definitely fit that bill, so I think it makes sense.

I’d perhaps go for slightly longer hoops in the YG instead of Huggies if you want to keep them looking more distinct though!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear a lot of mixed metal so for me*, I would either go bigger or smaller on the new hoops. Something to make a bigger
difference. You did say there was a size difference, and maybe that is enough. Hard to tell without seeing them in the same picture.

I do love the idea of owning two different pairs of different size/metals.

princessk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love your wg pair and checked out where you got them from. But these YG ones are the BOMB! I’m looking for small pair. Can I ask where from?

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Is the metal colour difference and difference in diameter enough?

No, neither colour difference nor diameter difference is enough.
I would get yellow diamonds or multishape diamonds.
download-1.jpeg

Attachments

• 14K-Gold-Diamond-Multi-Shape-Huggie-Earrings_720x.jpg
    14K-Gold-Diamond-Multi-Shape-Huggie-Earrings_720x.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 2

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
I have the same diamond (crappy quality) pave huggies both in wg and in yg: yg ones were the first to be bought, yg ones were bought a month later because I was sure I needed both...what a mistake!
I find them boring!
I should have bought something more interesting -colored stones or multishape-.
Just my opinion.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Errata: yg ones were the first to be bought.
Corrige: wg ones were the first to be bought.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results