shape
carat
color
clarity

Real Housewives of the OC season finale...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Well, it's over now...and for me, it felt like the season went fast...

But, here is my summery...

Gretchen- I like her. I cannot help it. I find her engaging. Yes, she can be over-the-top and flirty and loud...but she's young and she deserves to have fun. My heart breaks for her now that Jeff has passed...I feel that their love was 100% genuine. She's beautiful and sexy and if she was just after the money there would be no reason for her stick around with a dying man to get that into her life. She loved him...and there was always optimism when she spoke about him and his illness. I am sure his death has broken a bit of her heart off that will never grow back. I also feel like the there was a lot of jealousy directed at her by some of the other housewives...either because Gretchen was wealthy, or beautiful, or in love with a man they couldn't understand. It's a shame that those women spent so much time disliking her they overlooked actually getting to know her. Like, when she gave the coach coin purses...no big deal...but still thoughtful...yet, Vickie and Tamara couldn't just appreciate it--they had to belittle, get their little jabs in at the lovely gesture, which only made them look worse (if that's possible).

Jena-I personally like her too. I like her heart. I think she's a bit of a beaten dog...she just "takes it" when people are flat out rude (like her children) but I think in the end, she's an equal opporunity friend--and I appreciate that about her very much.

Vicki- What a train wreck. She's so rude, and judgemental...I have a hard time watching her story line because my hate for her boils up each and every time. She is just so unkind. I understand her life hasn't been easy...and that she has had to claw her way to the top tooth and nail...but, she's so hard she's almost impossible. She immasculates her husband at every opportunity and then kicks him when he's down by literally flaunting her "stuff" all over every other man. She spews vemon about the other housewives...particuarly Lynne and Gretchen.

Lynne- I wanted to like her. I appreciated that she spoke her mind when it came to Vicki and Tamara...but, she's irresponsible and that aggravates me. No, not every teenager drinks...and she shouldn't condone that. When it came to her daughters, she was like Helen Keller...blind and deaf. She was so busy trying to be their friend that she forgot she was supposed to be their mother first and foremost. And then the whole thing spills out about how the oldest daughter was in an alternative school for discipline issues and how she dropped out of school...and yet they reward her with a BMW. It just blew me away...

Tamara--What can you say? She reminds me of that one clinger-on everyone had in their group in high school. The girl that would be your best friend one day, but if the opportunity arose to climb the social ladder, she'd turn on you in a minute and totally spill you secrets, make up lies and backstab you just as sure as God made little green apples. Totally two faced. Rude. Insensitive. And, in my honest opinion, jealous. I think, of all the woman, Tamara is the one faking it. Simon doesn't have a ligitmate full time job...he's like making tequlia or something now for some start up company...she's a part-time real estate agent but I haven't seen her work a lick since they introduced her last season....I think behind closed doors they play Keepin' Up With The Joneses full time. Everything about her feels cheap to me. She cannot stand on her own. She constantly needs to put other people down to make herself feel better...esspecially Gretchen who is considerably prettier, younger, unattached. Tamara just couldn't let Gretchen be Gretchen she felt this need to tear her down limb by limb...with catty comments and compromising situations. Personally, since beauty is only skin deep...I think Tamara is the ugliest housewife thru and thru.

What is everyone elses thoughts???

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
i have not seen the finale as of yet but my thoughts thus far are pretty much just like yours Italia.

I don''t really know who the heck Vicki thinks she is. she is mean spirited and evil to the core. i usually cringe when she comes on because i cannot believe the audacity of her. i wished that she sat on the "hotty whistle" and rotated. i cannot stand how she feels so entitled. Yes, she has worked hard- but that is her choice. i don''t feel that her family needs to constantly thank her.

i too really like Gretchen. I would probably be friends with her IRL. she pumped some energy into that group of women. Tamara IS jealous and i wish that she would just stop already. she needs to come to terms with the fact that she is NOT the hottest housewife.. Gretchen knocked her right off that pedastal.

jena is adorable and i want her to meet an amaing man - or just be cool being on her own. her children need a swift kick in the A$$. that is one thing i *do* agree with vicki on. they are horrible to her!

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
i wonder if gretchen will be on for another season... she was fun to watch! btw, anyone know who did the custom work on her e-ring?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 3:42:25 PM
Author: cbs102
i have not seen the finale as of yet but my thoughts thus far are pretty much just like yours Italia.

I don''t really know who the heck Vicki thinks she is. she is mean spirited and evil to the core. i usually cringe when she comes on because i cannot believe the audacity of her. i wished that she sat on the ''hotty whistle'' and rotated. i cannot stand how she feels so entitled. Yes, she has worked hard- but that is her choice. i don''t feel that her family needs to constantly thank her.

i too really like Gretchen. I would probably be friends with her IRL. she pumped some energy into that group of women. Tamara IS jealous and i wish that she would just stop already. she needs to come to terms with the fact that she is NOT the hottest housewife.. Gretchen knocked her right off that pedastal.

jena is adorable and i want her to meet an amaing man - or just be cool being on her own. her children need a swift kick in the A$$. that is one thing i *do* agree with vicki on. they are horrible to her!

Ditto re: Vicki and Tamara. Blegh!

I *heart* Jeana and Gretchen. They''re my favorite. I thought Jeana and Allen were cute together too. I feel bad for Jeana, her kids treat her like crap I couldn''t believe how badly her oldest son treated her! I wanted to smack him through the TV!!! I want her to adopt me. I have a hot single dad I can set her up with....

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
i didnt see all the episodes, i caught a marathon and saw a good many.

i feel the same way, Gretchen was my faviorite and her ring was so beautiful. i didnt know that Jeff didnt make it. how sad for Gretchen and his kids.

i believe it was Vicki that got hit in the head with a wet football while she was on that boat. maybe it was someone who knows her that threw it and it wasnt an accident at all.

tamara always seemed two faced to me too. even the look on her face when one of the other housewives were talking to her gave me the impression that she was formulating a plan to use whatever info she got to benefit herself.

i enjoyed watching them and have seen the previews for the next one that takes place in NY. it seems like there is too much drama and that they are playing everything up for TV

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 3:42:25 PM
Author: cbs102

I don''t really know who the heck Vicki thinks she is. she is mean spirited and evil to the core. i usually cringe when she comes on because i cannot believe the audacity of her. i wished that she sat on the ''hotty whistle'' and rotated. i cannot stand how she feels so entitled. Yes, she has worked hard- but that is her choice. i don''t feel that her family needs to constantly thank her.

Ditto this. I haven''t seen the finale yet either. I DVR''ed it (FI was like "WTH are you recording that for??" I wanted to tell him that this is the sort of thing I get into when he leaves me for two weeks!) and will watch later tonight or this weekend.

I really do like Gretch too. She is so very engaging. I feel so sorry for her that she lost her fiance.

I did find Lynne a little annoying. She just had this weird vacant look on her face half the time. I am shocked that her bracelets sell for as much as they do!

Is anyone else glad that they will never have to hear Vickie go "Woo hoo!!" ever again?? Or at least for a little while...

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t seen the finale (My Tivo recorded it, then wouldn''t play it this morning and suddenly it disappeared from my list of recordings! Grr), but I just had to comment on the last episode...you know, the one where Vicki was on that cruise?

Okay, so did anybody else CRACK UP when Vicki hosted her very self-important "Life with Vicki" seminar and 8 people showed up?? Hahaha. I love the way it was edited...she was talking about how the seminar was growing to more than 1,000 people and then they pan over to the room and there are empty chairs all over the place and a few scant supporters she probably paid to be there. Then Vicki started talking about how scared she was when she ventured into the life insurance industry--she was 29 and wasn''t college educated, yadda yadda yadda. If she does it, she''s heroic, but if she were to meet a 29-year-old uneducated woman with kids, she''d judge her and think she was pathetic. She''s so manipulative, mean-natured and strangely unaware of how crappy she is that I don''t think there is any hope for that woman. Why her family is still sticking around is beyond me!

Anyway, looking forward to the finale, I really do love Gretchen!

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 4:28:21 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
I haven''t seen the finale (My Tivo recorded it, then wouldn''t play it this morning and suddenly it disappeared from my list of recordings! Grr), but I just had to comment on the last episode...you know, the one where Vicki was on that cruise?

Okay, so did anybody else CRACK UP when Vicki hosted her very self-important ''Life with Vicki'' seminar and 8 people showed up?? Hahaha. I love the way it was edited...she was talking about how the seminar was growing to more than 1,000 people and then they pan over to the room and there are empty chairs all over the place and a few scant supporters she probably paid to be there. Then Vicki started talking about how scared she was when she ventured into the life insurance industry--she was 29 and wasn''t college educated, yadda yadda yadda. If she does it, she''s heroic, but if she were to meet a 29-year-old uneducated woman with kids, she''d judge her and think she was pathetic. She''s so manipulative, mean-natured and strangely unaware of how crappy she is that I don''t think there is any hope for that woman. Why her family is still sticking around is beyond me!

Anyway, looking forward to the finale, I really do love Gretchen!
i loved how her son never showed up..then they track him down in a jersey and he says thanks but no thanks.... how much support from her family does she frigon need! i feel bad for her daughter for some reason.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Oh, these women and their antics exhaust me !! (but I still watch
2.gif
)

Jena is my favorite, she just seems more grounded.
The reunion show next week should be realllly interesting!

Ok, I know they live in CA, but for the life of me, why do these women
wear such revealing clothing. It ain't pretty!! (except Gretchen)

edited to add: Lynne needs to cover up a little more (well, they all do)
but it's so doggone obvious the "girls" have been enhanced.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
These shows are fascinating only because these people (OC, NY, Atlanta) are such trainwrecks!

Vicki: Her husband needs to divorce her butt. She is completely and totally the biggest narcissist in the world. With a horse face and a fake tan. Yech.

Jeana: Needs to stop being a doormat for her kids. She''s got a great personality, and she seems to have interesting friends outside of this bunch of nuts.

Gretchen: Gorgeous and ditzy. I do think she loved Jeff, and I didn''t realize that he had died. That''s too bad.

Tamara: Completely jealous of Gretchen. And anyone who would align themselves with Vicki, is every bit as nasty as Vicki.

Lynn: Could she be more clueless when it comes to her kids? She reminds me of Dina Lohan. And someone needs to tell her about sunscreen. It may already be too late.

They dress expensively, but look like call girls. They all need to put the girls away. And nobody wears that kind of makeup, anywhere in the US; do they? You would be laughed at here; that kind of eyeliner is so ''Priscilla Presley Gets Married to Elvis in Vegas''.

The NY women are silly, social climbing wannabes, with absolutely nothing goin'' on.

The Atlanta women are positively ridiculous. In every way. I refused to watch after the first show.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
oooooh,

just watched a video (preview I assume) on Bravo''s site.
It gets nasty and down right mean on the reunion show.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tamara was so jealous! Like she is the only one that wants a pink Harley in the world. Get OVER yourself. I rather have the tennis bracelet
2.gif
. And what was with Vicki saying she was only TEN years older than Gretchen? In your dreams honey! I love when that guy said "no, 20" and she was like "NO only TEN at the most." Denial. The whole rolex thing was annoying. Don seems like such a nice guy but Vicki seems like she could and would never be happy. Lynne seems sweet but annoying when it came to parenting. She seems clueless about everything. I have always been a fan of Jeana. I hope she finds happiness. Everyone deserves that.

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with all your comments!! I''m so glad that I''m not the only one who cannot STAND Vicki. What a biatch!!
I''m rooting for Jeanna all the way. She deserves a better man and better kids.
So here''s the question: Who''s watching Housewives of NYC???

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I''ll move on to NYC...but I don''t like them much, to be honest. I find them all ... odd.

Simon, IMHO, is a closet homosexual. There, I said it. I think he''s probably, in all honesty, leading a very quiet double life. I''m all about metrosexuals...but, lets be honest, there is a line...and Simon has crossed it.

Romona...I cannot watch her talk...she''s so herky-jerky...I get annoyed with her.

The Countess is a joke. She''s writing a Miss. Manners book...and keeps talking about how she hates when people act like they are important, yet she is the first, last and only person to constantly remind everyone who will listen that she is a Countess.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 9:19:51 PM
Author: chiapet
I agree with all your comments!! I''m so glad that I''m not the only one who cannot STAND Vicki. What a biatch!!
Vicki is awful, don''t like her one bit. I do like Gretchen and am very sad her husband lost his battle. Tamrya is just a jealous B**** and is two faced.

I like Jeanna. She was the most real out of all of them.

Yes I will watch the Housewives of NYC. Caught it last night. Such drama..... I don''t like most of them. It''s like watching a train wreck, but can''t stop watching. Ramona is a wacko. The Countess?? No words for her. Jill looks good, but man she''s a piece of work. They all exhaust me. The one who has the catering business is my fave but forget her name. Her one liners are the best!!!
The one with the horse teeth married to the metrosexual, I think his name is Simon?
20.gif
They were made for each other. Fakey mcfakey.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 9:40:48 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Vicki is awful, don''t like her one bit. I do like Gretchen and am very sad her husband lost his battle. Tamrya is just a jealous B**** and is two faced.

Yes I will watch the Housewives of NYC. Caught it last night. Such drama..... I don''t like most of them. It''s like watching a train wreck, but can''t stop watching. Ramona is a wacko. The Countess?? No words for her. Jill looks good, but man she''s a piece of work. They all exhaust me. The one who has the catering business is my fave but forget her name. Her one liners are the best!!!
The one with the horse teeth married to the metrosexual, I think his name is Simon?
20.gif
Oh gosh, I''m laughing! Kaleigh, I''m right there with you. Simon and Ms. Horse Teeth, ha. Those two are trying so hard to not look like they are trying hard. KWIM ?
I think Jill has a good heart, but she says everything that she thinks. Bethany is the caterer. And the new girl, Kelly, well time will tell.
Ramona drives me nuts - her eyes just bug me.
The Countess is the countess #3 or something like that.

BeGatch!

Shiny_Rock
I wasn''t a devoted fan of this show in the past seasons but this one I actually followed, so my opinion is that Gretchen seemed fun and approachable, she also seemed to really be in love with her late fiance... She is beautiful enough to have been able to get with any other rich guy so the fact that she stuck around with a very ill man, that to me means a lot.

Vicki- I can''t stand people like her that think everyone has to kiss there butt just because they have accomplished something in the profession they are in, to me that''s exactly why she is miserable and why she has a horrible relationship with her husband! She has neglected him and is pushing her kids away from her by being so annoying and pushy!

Jeana- I actually like her because she seems to have a good kind heart but I also feel really bad for her because her sons are so ugly to her... I hope she finds someone that will appreciate her and treat her good unlike her ex.

Tamara- Wow this lady is my least favorite by far!!! I can tell she is so cheap and fake that talking crap about Gretchen is the only way she feels above what she truly is, she married someone with money but that surely didn''t buy her class, I can see right through her trashy butt!!! She needs to go back to the trailer park she came from! lol

BeGatch!

Shiny_Rock
Haha I forgot about Lynne!!! She just needs to go eat something and lay off the green... that lady seemed to be on something
19.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 12:01:52 AM
Author: bebe

20.gif
Oh gosh, I''m laughing! Kaleigh, I''m right there with you. Simon and Ms. Horse Teeth, ha. Those two are trying so hard to not look like they are trying hard. KWIM ?
I think Jill has a good heart, but she says everything that she thinks. Bethany is the caterer. And the new girl, Kelly, well time will tell.
Ramona drives me nuts - her eyes just bug me.
The Countess is the countess #3 or something like that.
I like Jill. She just needs to chill a bit, she says too much. But has a good heart. She means well. I think she''s a loyal friend?
Ok thanks for telling me it''s Bethany. That girl cracks me up. She''s too funny.

Ramona, she''s a crayon short methinks....
The countess is a joke. Her book will be discounted as soon as it hits the shelves. She takes that title WAY TOO seriously.
20.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
I just watched the finale on DVR and at first I thought...this is soooo annoying, it was like "bling after bling" "my bling can out do your bling" It was kinda crazy...the bracelet, the rolex, the harley!!! Geesh! You''d think we weren''t in a recession!!

But, I watched it until the end...and, I actually teared up when it was announced that Jeff had lost his battle with cancer.

It is crazy, I live in San Diego...and I have friends in the OC and am up there quite often. So, sometimes I feel like it is somewhat close to home...San Diego, is NOT like that at all, BUT I can''t help but feel for some of these ladies being not too far down the road.

I do agree, Jeana seems the most down to earth. I have a friend that is like her...living in the past - "I *used* to be so hot, attractive, skinny" and it is like they cant move on and accept themselves as they are now.

Gretchen bothered me a bit because I kept wondering what there relationship was all about...but whatever it was, it did seem like there was love involved, and that''s okay with me.

Vicki makes me crazy. I so wish she could learn to sloooow down and enjoy life more. I think she needs some anxiety meds (or Adult ADHD)...and then maybe a zen yoga retreat. Something needs to calm that woman down!! I have a few self-help books I''d love to send her, if I thought she''d have the patients to read them. But, I do have to say, KUDOS to her for trying to build an insurance empire!! Go get ''em, girl!

Well, on to NYC...and all the Simon craziness!!!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

20.gif
There are whole websites devoted to wondering, pondering the reality of who Simon and wifey really are.
9.gif
New York society doesn''t seem to know them, although they are always dropping names, attending events, insisting that they are ''connected''. And yes, there is a whole lotta questioning of Simon''s sexuality!
3.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I watched the DVRed finale last night and was so shocked at how horribly Tamra and Vickie treated Gretchen after she gave our her gifts. I was probably a little influenced by what I had read here but you guys were totally spot on with your take on all the different personalities. I used to be sort so annoyed by Lynne''s total lack of facial expressions (too much Botox??) and Jeanna''s bitterness but now I think they are class acts. Especially after what Jeanna said about Jeff and Gretchen and their relationship.

I almost cried when Gretchen''s dad read the note from Jeff. I thought the way that Vickie and Tamara reacted to the motorcycle was so classless.

Not sure I will watch the NYC one. For some reason the OC is the only show that has stuck with me.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i don ''t live in or near oc so i have no personal experience with the real housewives there. do those of you who do think this is a realistic show? i feel that the ladies are playing to the camera. i just started watching the oc and nyc series this past summer. they seem staged and intentionally drama filled.

i don''t know any people who would continue hanging around with each other feeling and acting as they do. anyone know if these gals were just hired to play off each other or did they have a friendship before the show started? i tend to think it is just a job. i guess they are paid? why would anyone agree to do this? i especially can''t understand involving their families. i can''t imagine being involved in this. it seems just a case of look at me. i guess that explains why they all seem to want to be the center of attention. i also agree it is like a train wreck disturbing but you look anyway.

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
It seemed like the first season of the RHOC was made up of women who were friends, and it was so much more realistic. They are playing up for the camera, I guess to ensure they are not replaced for the next season, as well as get attention.

How can someone not be ashamed of themselves? If Gretchen was so in love, why would she sign up for a show when her fiance was so sick ? How many of us would do such a thing if our husbands were gravely ill ?

It is entertaining, but very embarrasing for those involved. They must be missing that trait of shame - they can not discriminate and tell when they are making fools of themselves.

I wonder how much of this is directed by the producers of these shows ?

The reunion looks like all hell breaks loose. The original cast members all look like they have aged so much in the past year.

Mrs.Guz

Shiny_Rock
Vicky has a big mouth. She is too opinionated, in your face and obnoxious.

Tamara is a jealous b****.

I do like Jeana. She just might be the nicest of all of them.

I do not like Lynne. She is pretending to be someone she is not. It seems like she is living well beyond her means.

Gretchen is just okay. I fell sorry that Jeff died but I find her to be a huge flirt and a little obnoxious.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I really, really like Bethanny. I think she is so funny! She has the best one liners like when Jill was questioning her about the new housewife and she said she didn''t find out her favorite color. Haha! I like Jill. Yes she is intense but I do think she means well. Alex and Simon creep me out. I thought it was cool Jill called to say she was sorry but then it all turned ugly. At least she tried. Ramona, oh Ramona...she is insane. Seriously. Her daughter is great though. The countess...I used to like her but I don''t know. Kellie...no thoughts on her yet.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
So I was reading the blogs on bravo that Tamra, Jeana and Bethany wrote and even Vicki... and I had no idea Gretchen had a boyfriend the whole time! That led me to this: http://www.bravofan.com/gretchen-rossis-boyfriend-blabbing-about-her-all-over-the-internet/

I also read the OC Register where her now ex-boyfriend unloaded about her. I think you can get to it off the link I posted. Really put an intersting spin on things.

ALSO I (yes i know i know its awful) watch Rock of Love Bus and apparently the girl Brett let go last week that was crying about her dad having died is actually Jeff''s daughter. Jennifer Beitzel. Or so people believe!

http://www.bravofan.com/real-housewives-of-orange-countys-jeff-beitzels-daughter-on-rock-of-love-bus/

http://absurdtosublime.wordpress.com/2009/02/17/jen-beitzel-at-the-rock-of-love-bus-elimination/ - there''s a photo there.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i agree with you guys about the oc housewives....i love jeannas understanding and kindness towards everyone. she deserves a good man or even friends to be in her life. tamara is a mess from her attitude to her clothes to her hair and jealousy.
vicki is just a mean person who''ll cut you down but yet she tries to act high society in certain situations which makes me laugh. gretchen is a beautiful bubbly blond who i feel says it like it is and has genuine intentions. lynne is a mess...cares only about her body and being best friends with her irresponsible daughters.

does anyone else think that with the $$$$ these women have they should have better hairstylists? they all have straw looking hair that needs at the very least a deep conditioning treatment or 2.....and their make-up is clownlike.

the nyc housewives are boring in comparison to the oc housewives...but i still watch it.
simon and his boring wanna be socialite wife are so annoying....she follows him like a puppy dog.
ramonas eyes bug me out and she is annoying too.
i like jill because she has the
b@lls to say exactly what is on her mind and to the persons face.
bethany has great lines and shes a straight shooter
the "countess" is a status junkie..lol

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
interesting...anyone know anything about lauri and george''s relationship being fake?

Hello Lover

Rough_Rock
Wow...where do I begin? The gifts were..disturbing.

I think Tamra and Vicki are just the lowest of the low trash. This season showed the, in their glory. I have not been a fan of Vicki pretty much ever, and frankly I wish Donn would just leave her and go have a nice life with someone better who deserves such a great guy.

Jeana has her moments. I think on her date she ran that guy right off out of the gate. She was very direct, which is good, but she doesn''t have very friendly delivery.

Gretchen I feel terrible for. She might be loud and flirty and kind of an attention whore, but she seems like such a sweet, genuine girl and regardless of any outside view of her relationship, he REALLY loved the woman, and that''s all that matters. I hope she stays close to his family.

Lynn was...a total airhead.

Lauri and George seem pretty much like a typical wealthy couple to me and Jo and Slade looked absolutely ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results