shape
carat
color
clarity

Real Housewives of NY is out of control!

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/12/2010 3:54:11 PM
Author: Amber St. Clare
Clearly I have no life...but I read that Jill had 4 PR professionals stay at her apartment the night before the reunion taping...apparently she felt she needed schooling in how not to lose it when people are pointing out your bad behavior. And her attempts to deflect were pretty obvious.

She also brought her daughter Ali to the taping--ALL 8 HOURS OF IT--I guess she thought the others would be a little more laid back about calling her on her stuff if she was there.

I thought Romona''s renewal was too contrived. And I thought a woman that age looked ridiculous in a bridal gown.

Kelly--drug induced paranoia and word salads.

Bethenny--like her, but have serious reservations about her going into therapy ON CAMERA...I don''t think any reputable shrink would agree to therapy being filmed for a TV show. Also--I like Jason, but I don''t think he has a CLUE about the bottomless pit of need he married. She has to learn a little give and take.

Alex and Simon {SILEX} get them both off my screen IMMEDIATELY. They literally give me the creeps.
38.gif

Agreed. Just watched Bethenny getting married, and I can say from experience that husbands friends and family coming to town is a number one priority- requires lots of give and take, but this seemed to be an issue for Bethenny, and Jason seems like a really good guy.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2010 5:16:12 PM
Author: waterlilly
Nice shot of Kelly

HAHAHAHAHA Waterlily!!! Too funny!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am happy to say that I never heard of, "The Countess" until one of these threads exploded here this month. I can't believe she she gets on television and tells people that all they need to do to look great is to take a simple outfit and accessorize with cheap, large, different pieces of costume jewelry every day. Somehow I think not. I think the woman actually chose well in terms of a dress. It was a plain, sleeveless, knee-length dress. Audrey Hepburn might have worn it. It looked classic. But then she had to put on a huge pair of hoop earrings. Call me old fashioned, but that isn't classic in my opinion. Every day I went to work with a simple pearl in each ear! A small diamond stud is also acceptable in my rule book.

AGBF
34.gif

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
What really comes across to me is Bethenny''s genuine hurt at being rebuffed by Jill for the entire season, she made several heartfelt attempts to make things right and was pushed off every time... I felt for her everytime- until she just had to maintain her distance.

I wish her all the best- she''s a chef, an author, a business woman, with a great guy and a new life. Love her new show.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holly--I can never figure out how to quote and then post a response with Firefox here so I'm not going to quote your post but just my response instead:

Look, I'm not trying to say that I think Kelly is intelligent or normal by REAL LIFE STANDARDS. I'm just saying that I think in comparison to the rest of them she's not as ridiculous.

Her rantings at the table with the other women in St. John were the result of her being treated like crap by the rest of them--she didn't have her usual posse of Jill and LouAnn, she was clearly taking a beating from Bethenny who is honestly a complete bitch to Kelly, and Kelly is a bitch right back, etc.

I don't know if she's on drugs or not. I don't associate with people who do that sort of thing so I'd have no idea what the signs are.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/13/2010 2:59:45 PM
Author: monarch64
Holly--I can never figure out how to quote and then post a response with Firefox here so I''m not going to quote your post but just my response instead:

Look, I''m not trying to say that I think Kelly is intelligent or normal by REAL LIFE STANDARDS. I''m just saying that I think in comparison to the rest of them she''s not as ridiculous.

Her rantings at the table with the other women in St. John were the result of her being treated like crap by the rest of them--she didn''t have her usual posse of Jill and LouAnn, she was clearly taking a beating from Bethenny who is honestly a complete bitch to Kelly, and Kelly is a bitch right back, etc.

I don''t know if she''s on drugs or not. I don''t associate with people who do that sort of thing so I''d have no idea what the signs are.
monarch, that''s completely what I thought too - until right now, as I''m watching part of the reunion. She is absolutely outrageous, it really does seem like she''s got some mental issues going on (whether or not they''re related to the show, I don''t know).

I really can''t believe the things that are coming out of her mouth!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I cannot even watch those shows anymore. I used to think they were funny. Then they became mildly amusing yet really embarrassing too...ugh...what happened to personal dignity and couth...

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2010 8:57:49 PM
Author: lilyfoot

Holly--I can never figure out how to quote and then post a response with Firefox here so I''m not going to quote your post but just my response instead:

Look, I''m not trying to say that I think Kelly is intelligent or normal by REAL LIFE STANDARDS. I''m just saying that I think in comparison to the rest of them she''s not as ridiculous.

Her rantings at the table with the other women in St. John were the result of her being treated like crap by the rest of them--she didn''t have her usual posse of Jill and LouAnn, she was clearly taking a beating from Bethenny who is honestly a complete bitch to Kelly, and Kelly is a bitch right back, etc.

I don''t know if she''s on drugs or not. I don''t associate with people who do that sort of thing so I''d have no idea what the signs are.

monarch, that''s completely what I thought too - until right now, as I''m watching part of the reunion. She is absolutely outrageous, it really does seem like she''s got some mental issues going on (whether or not they''re related to the show, I don''t know).

Yes, during the reunion I realized for sure that Kelly for some reason doesn''t get it. She kept attacking, not them. I think in her mind they were bullying her on the trip, but I didn''t feel they were. I just think from the start of the trip she felt it was them vs. her so she was on the defense the whole time. Did you notice at the reunion that she said that Bravo made her go on the trip and Andy kept correcting her saying that wasn''t true. I think she is saying that as an excuse for her bad behavior in my opinion.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/15/2010 9:02:37 PM
Author: lizzyann01

Date: 6/15/2010 8:57:49 PM

Yes, during the reunion I realized for sure that Kelly for some reason doesn''t get it. She kept attacking, not them. I think in her mind they were bullying her on the trip, but I didn''t feel they were. I just think from the start of the trip she felt it was them vs. her so she was on the defense the whole time. Did you notice at the reunion that she said that Bravo made her go on the trip and Andy kept correcting her saying that wasn''t true. I think she is saying that as an excuse for her bad behavior in my opinion.
Yep, Andy seemed pretty peeved at what Kelly was saying! Sorry, but unless they drugged and handcuffed her onto that boat, I don''t see how Bravo could''ve "made" her go on the trip. She''s a whacko!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Kelly is either on drugs or a very bad actress, or both. I don''t think she is crazy-crazy, as in mentally ill, though she certainly does act crazy.

She is a woman not in control of her own life. It is sad. Bravo FORCED her to go on the trip. Her agent wouldn''t LET HER go home. She finally left early, but only after a trainwreck of a performance the night before. She needs better agents and better people feeding her lines. Last night''s explanation was a bit of a S-T-R-E-T-C-H. She''s going to use the footage from the boat to teach her children about bullying?!? Ok, so someone on her team tried to recharacterize the events on the trip as bullying. Ohhh-kay, yeah, a bit of a stretch, but not a story that Kelly could pull off. She is not a good story-teller. She mutters the same things over and over, sentences that have been fed to her, and well, it comes off as really awkward and staged.

She doesn''t appear to be in charge of her own life, and that is really really sad.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2010 10:41:32 AM
Author: Loves Vintage
I think Kelly is either on drugs or a very bad actress, or both. I don''t think she is crazy-crazy, as in mentally ill, though she certainly does act crazy.

She is a woman not in control of her own life. It is sad. Bravo FORCED her to go on the trip. Her agent wouldn''t LET HER go home. She finally left early, but only after a trainwreck of a performance the night before. She needs better agents and better people feeding her lines. Last night''s explanation was a bit of a S-T-R-E-T-C-H. She''s going to use the footage from the boat to teach her children about bullying?!? Ok, so someone on her team tried to recharacterize the events on the trip as bullying. Ohhh-kay, yeah, a bit of a stretch, but not a story that Kelly could pull off. She is not a good story-teller. She mutters the same things over and over, sentences that have been fed to her, and well, it comes off as really awkward and staged.

She doesn''t appear to be in charge of her own life, and that is really really sad.
Seriously, if she said "systematic bullying" one more time, I was ready to rip all my hair out, lol!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelly is the weakest link, that''s all. She gets bullied by the other women because she isn''t able to articulate her thoughts well and she isn''t good at standing up to them. She is, by her own admission, not a woman''s woman, that is she isn''t good at dealing with other females in a social setting. She''s beautiful and it''s apparent that she has relied on her appearance to get through life and it''s causing her nothing but problems now that her looks are fading because she never gained the tools necessary to really deal with things. The sad part is that the other women (Bethenny is the worst, imo) derive a bit of twisted pleasure out of messing with her. Bethenny is so terribly insecure, watching her try to do absolutely everything in life and be perfect makes me cringe. SO always wonders why I watch the show and I have to say that I find it fascinating that a group of women will allow themselves to be portrayed on a reality show in the way that they have--and for what? Fame? I mean, what really is the purpose of doing the show? I''ve never understood it, but it certainly has become my little guilty pleasure.

I don''t plan to watch any more this summer, though. I find myself getting wrapped up in the storylines and getting stressed out or feeling heated when I watch some of their interactions and that''s just ridiculous. Why watch a bunch of crazy cougars with too much money running around causing drama when there is perfectly good and valuable knowledge or experience to be obtained in areas of life besides the boob tube? LOL

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2010 10:52:42 AM

Date: 6/16/2010 10:41:32 AM
Author: Loves Vintage

Seriously, if she said ''systematic bullying'' one more time, I was ready to rip all my hair out, lol!
YES!! I was discussing this with some friends and it''s very clear she had been coached on what to say and was just delivering the lines that had been fed to her. The spin she tried to put on "systematic bullying" by saying she would use the show as a teaching tool for her children was soooo unbelievable to me! Also, she said she had a "breakthrough" not a "breakdown". I must have been watching the wrong show if that is the case! The woman needs help.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
satchels of gold people, satchels of gold...
9.gif

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2010 1:26:43 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo
satchels of gold people, satchels of gold...
9.gif

Ha Ha Ha!!! That was so weird!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone see part III of the reunion?

I was glad to see that Kelly got called out on her inconsistent views re: wearing fur. I found that entire scene (the scene in the shop) completely atrocious. "Everything's ok, as long as I don't think about and laugh a lot! Wha?" Well, it doesn't really matter anyway, everyone should just celebrate who she is. Who is she, btw?

So, it sounds like everyone will be back next season. No one said they would not be back.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really had fun watching the reunion. These women create so much stress for themselves, I honestly can''t beleive that they aren''t all ill over it.

LOVED it. Best thing on television.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results