shape
carat
color
clarity

Real Housewives of NY is out of control!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 4:28:54 PM
Author: Lurchie

Date: 5/14/2010 4:25:02 PM
Author: elrohwen
I thought LuAnn was from Connecticut originally?

Not that we don''t have un-classy people here, obviously
3.gif
And I don''t think she''s from the ''rich side'' of the state either.
Hehe, I''m originally from Central CT so I can certainly attest to that!
41.gif
Lol, really? I think she''s from Berlin - you probably know exactly where that is.

I live on the "rich side". Which makes me feel lower middle class
41.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
LOL! I forgot about that Romona on the runway thing! That was HILARIOUS!!!! I thought her eyes might wactually fall out of her head:)

Yeah, her daughter does not seem into the 17 year vow renewal at all!!

Ha-ha, now I am all interested to find out where the "countess" comes from (she is pretty, but really so strange with her "class" obsession and then acting totally class-less!) anyway, look what I noticed about Alex: McCord was born in Washington, D.C., raised in Kansas, Texas, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and has lived in New York City since 1996. (so apparentley she has a legitimate claim to the TX big hair gene bebe
9.gif
)

Kelly=is nuts, straight up nuts, and I think that she''s on something b/c she just makes no sense!!!

Sonja-I''m not sure. She''s pretty in a plasticy way, but seems kind of out of touch with reality!

the guy Luann was kissing, YUK!!!
14.gif
I have no words!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 5:04:39 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo
LOL! I forgot about that Romona on the runway thing! That was HILARIOUS!!!! I thought her eyes might wactually fall out of her head:)

Ha-ha, now I am all interested to find out where the 'countess' comes from (she is pretty, but really so strange with her 'class' obsession and then acting totally class-less!) anyway, look what I noticed about Alex: McCord was born in Washington, D.C., raised in Kansas, Texas, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and has lived in New York City since 1996. (so apparentley she has a legitimate claim to the TX big hair gene bebe
9.gif
)

Kelly=is nuts, straight up nuts, and I think that she's on something b/c she just makes no sense!!!

Sonja-I'm not sure. She's pretty in a plasticy way, but seems kind of out of touch with reality!

14.gif
I have no words!
Bella, checkout my post right before yours. The countess is from central CT - Berlin - near Hartford.

And it kind of makes sense why she's obsessed with class. I think she grew up in a working class area, but aspired to be like the women from Westport/Darien/etc. but has never quite figured it out (not that the women in Westport are always the classiest
14.gif
)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 5:14:02 PM

Date: 5/14/2010 5:04:39 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo

Ha-ha, now I am all interested to find out where the ''countess'' comes from (she is pretty, but really so strange with her ''class'' obsession and then acting totally class-less!) anyway, look what I noticed about Alex: McCord was born in Washington, D.C., raised in Kansas, Texas, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and has lived in New York City since 1996. (so apparentley she has a legitimate claim to the TX big hair gene bebe
9.gif
)

Kelly=is nuts, straight up nuts, and I think that she''s on something b/c she just makes no sense!!!

Sonja-I''m not sure. She''s pretty in a plasticy way, but seems kind of out of touch with reality!

14.gif
I have no words!
Bella, checkout my post right before yours. The countess is from central CT - Berlin - near Hartford.

And it kind of makes sense why she''s obsessed with class. I think she grew up in a working class area, but aspired to be like the women from Westport/Darien/etc. but has never quite figured it out (not that the women in Westport are always the classiest
14.gif
)
Berlin, near Hartford. Gosh, that really is interesting. Didn''t know that..

Romona walking the runway is a vision I would love to forget. Her eyes, were bugging out!!!! And loved how passive agressive she was to Jill, saying you didn''t say how great I was, Wasn''t I great???
3.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 2:01:53 PM
Author: HollyS
And is anyone else completely grossed out by the guy Countess was smooching on in the bar? Hubby thought he was disgustingly yucky, too. The ''innuendo'' that they would get it on at her house - - before or after the tennis - - was a real ''Eeewwww!'' moment for us. Blech.
14.gif
YES! He was very icky. They remind me of each other, they both put on so many airs.

I did get a great laugh, though, when The Countess called him "an intellectual."

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I just watched the end of yesterday''s episode plus the previews of next week and I think Kelly is nuts and must be on something. She thinks Bethenny is trying to "kill" her?

And it''s amusing that she''s reporting it all back to Jill and the countess.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 6:30:45 PM
Author: Haven
Date: 5/14/2010 2:01:53 PM

Author: HollyS

And is anyone else completely grossed out by the guy Countess was smooching on in the bar? Hubby thought he was disgustingly yucky, too. The ''innuendo'' that they would get it on at her house - - before or after the tennis - - was a real ''Eeewwww!'' moment for us. Blech.
14.gif

YES! He was very icky. They remind me of each other, they both put on so many airs.

I did get a great laugh, though, when The Countess called him ''an intellectual.''

It was really awkward to watch! I think I seriously had a frown for half of that episode.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
AH! much is explained about the "countess" then:)

yes, the intellectual thing was hilarious. I mean you know, he is a published author
3.gif
He even gave her a copy of his book on TV:)

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
I also watch every Housewives series! So guilty....but I am addicted.

You guys all nailed my thoughts exactly. Couple things I''d like to add....

When Jill texted everyone about Bethany''s dad dying, I do think she was doing it because it was gossip. If she was so worried about bethany then why didn''t she call her when she heard that news? Then she was mad at Ramona for not telling her earlier. For what? So she could have sent the text to all of her friends earlier. Not like she called Bethany. She is full of crap. I can''t stand her this year. She likes to play the victim and looks down on people. Oh and she was such a mess when she felt that Ramona had sabotaged her by trying to get her and Bethany to talk at her apt. But Jill did the same thing to Kelly and Bethany last season. What a hypocrit.

Kelly is well....a piece of work. Has anyone else noticed that she seems to have aged quite a bit? Her skin seems to have just like suddenly changed for some reason. And they said she went to where? Columbia? Is that true? And she is constantly saying how she doesn''t want to be a part of all of their immature conversations about feelings, but SHE is the one that escalates and starts all of these downward spiraling conversations. It looks like next week she is going to bring up that she thinks Bethany is a cook not a chef thing again. Who cares? Bethany doesn''t. Rachel Ray always says she is a cook, not a chef and she still brings in the big bucks.

Don''t get me started on the Countess....so arrogant. She tries to act like she''s all high and mighty supporting Jill thru all of her craziness. When she tried to reprimand Alex about giving Jill the message from Bethany, I was so annoyed. She needs to stay out of everyones business.

Ramona is crazy, but amusing.

I actually like Alex this season. She''s been taking the high road and she has come off so much better than last season.

Still deciding on Sonja.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so glad we didn''t buy the house in Franklin Lakes because I''m sure my family would have found it incredibly amusing.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
You should watch the Real Housewives of Atlanta. Now that show cracks me up.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 8:40:41 PM
Author: lizzyann01
Kelly is well....a piece of work. Has anyone else noticed that she seems to have aged quite a bit? Her skin seems to have just like suddenly changed for some reason. And they said she went to where? Columbia? Is that true? And she is constantly saying how she doesn't want to be a part of all of their immature conversations about feelings, but SHE is the one that escalates and starts all of these downward spiraling conversations. It looks like next week she is going to bring up that she thinks Bethany is a cook not a chef thing again. Who cares? Bethany doesn't. Rachel Ray always says she is a cook, not a chef and she still brings in the big bucks.
I think Kelly claims she went to Columbia, but she did this online study certificate program in writing from there (or something). I looked it up once but I don't remember the details. Whatever it was, she wasn't enrolled and did not graduate with an actual degree!
14.gif

Oh, and one of the blogs calls her "Leatherface". Hilarious!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Ok--well, you''ve tapped into my guilty pleasure, so I am just going to let it rip:

Alex--HATE HER. She is sooooo disturbing looking, artificial, calculated and has REALLY BAD TASTE when it comes to clothes. "I''m a fashion risk taker!" No honey, you just have really bad taste and a creepy husband. Get the both of them off my screen, please. Like yesterday.

Ramona--bsc, totally. She claims she can''t help it, she has no filter, etc., but I think she is just as abusive as she claims her father was...I''m sorry but you CAN stop yourself from needlessly hurting others. Having been on the other side of verbal abusive diarrhea she could dam well edit herself...and please notice that after one of her verbal rampages she looks for a camera and WINKS. I will say she has a rocking body for someone her age,]. Pass the Pino Grigio.

Bethenny--love her primarily because she is just as sarcastic and caustic as I am and I also grew up with wacko parents. I get her. She just had a baby girl last weekend a month early. Here''s hoping everything goes all right for the whole family. I think I like her husband--he did seem to be able to calm her down. I just don''t think he''s comfortable around the camera all the time {what normal person would be?
33.gif

Luanne--ah the countess. I have to admit right here and now I am an active participant in one the the Housewives forums and have read a LOT about her and her extra ciricular activities during her 16 year marriage. She and Sonja have a lot in common--just sayin''...., LuAnn should take grammar lessons in addition to singing lessons so she can understand the difference between me and I, plural vs. plural posessive, and stop saying "right?" after every sentence. I do think she has the best body and is usually always appropriately dressed. I would seriously kill for the Chanel {I think} jacket she was wearing in her talking heads.

Jill...my o my. I didn''t like her from the get go...I had her correctly pegged as the wanna-be Queen Bee who wanted the show to revolve around her. It''s been interesting to see how her character has devolved from the beginning of the series...and I could have warned Bethenny after signage-gate that Jill was NOT her friend. She''s spoiled and narcissistic...remember how she nagged poor Bobbie about the i-pod deck in her new car??? And that mother of hers--the less said the better.

Kelly--serious learning difficulties, thought processing problems. She''s doing herself NO FAVOR by being on this show. Cartwheels are free, indeed.

{ok, I admit it, I need a life}

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
The Countess is from Berlin CT??? Yes I know it very well and I''m speechless. It''s not much different from the hole of a town where I grew up (don''t get me wrong - lots of CT is really lovely, it just has a few armpits like any other place).

I just finished watching (or not watching) the most recent episode. I literally had to turn away during pretty much every Lu Ann scene. Between the "singing" and her date, I was turning green. This is a perfect example of why I found dating in NYC to be such a nightmare! A troll of a man like that guy (I''m sorry, I know that''s mean, but I feel less guilty given how incredibly non-humble he is) can get a babe like Lu Ann? This could probably be an entirely different topic... Getting back to the point - oh - the music producer?? Did anyone else think that was Giovanni Ribisi punking us? Was that guy for real?

I have a theory. Does anyone else think the producers encourage these women to behave uncharacteristically? For example, Alex. It seemed to me she was trucking along this season, minding her own beeswax when bam, she decides to play the "messenger" for Bethenny. That was such a poor choice I have to wonder if Bravo didn''t say to her, "psst, Alex, you''re becoming a bit of a wallflower and acting way too mature, maybe you ought to mix it up a little?" Of course every party and event and walk over the Brooklyn Bridge is staged for the show, but I have to wonder if some of the behavior isn''t also.

Oh and I take back what I said about Bethenny''s ring. Got a closer look yesterday and they do look like baguettes. It was nice to see her having fun on the yacht. Is it me or does she seem self-conscious about her too-big implants?

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/15/2010 9:09:25 AM

Date: 5/14/2010 8:40:41 PM
Author: lizzyann01
Kelly is well....a piece of work. Has anyone else noticed that she seems to have aged quite a bit? Her skin seems to have just like suddenly changed for some reason. And they said she went to where? Columbia? Is that true? And she is constantly saying how she doesn''t want to be a part of all of their immature conversations about feelings, but SHE is the one that escalates and starts all of these downward spiraling conversations. It looks like next week she is going to bring up that she thinks Bethany is a cook not a chef thing again. Who cares? Bethany doesn''t. Rachel Ray always says she is a cook, not a chef and she still brings in the big bucks.
I think Kelly claims she went to Columbia, but she did this online study certificate program in writing from there (or something). I looked it up once but I don''t remember the details. Whatever it was, she wasn''t enrolled and did not graduate with an actual degree!
14.gif

Oh, and one of the blogs calls her ''Leatherface''. Hilarious!

I''ve never seen the New York version, so I have to ask, is she like overly tan or something?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes Penn she is. Has anyone actually seen what her ex husband looks like? Gilles Bensimon? He''s ANCIENT! He was on RHONJ last week shooting Danielle''s daughter...set up much (though she is a super cute girl, very early days Christie Brinkley).

We subscribe to Playboy so I got to see Kelly''s issue last year. Her boobs are like softballs suction cupped to her chest. She''s got great legs though...

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone have a picture of Bethanny''s ring?

I read it''s a 6.5 pear with some sort of side stones, ( a temporary ring until she finds her ideal????, did I read that right? ) but cannot find a picture. It looks really elegant on her hand, but haven''t found a close up.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2010 9:36:37 PM
Author: gardengloves
Does anyone have a picture of Bethanny''s ring?

I read it''s a 6.5 pear with some sort of side stones, ( a temporary ring until she finds her ideal????, did I read that right? ) but cannot find a picture. It looks really elegant on her hand, but haven''t found a close up.

Just look earlier in this thread and there''s a link. Though the link shows a pear with baguettes - to me it looked like a pear with traps or trils, so I dunno.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
OMG.
That''s dinner party....Kelly HAD to be on drugs. I mean, seriously she is a wack job.

I love betheny. I hear she''s leaving the show and that''s why Sonja is now in the picture. I heard Alex is leaving too... which is sad bc now I''m starting to like her too. It makes sense for betheny to leave, I mean, new baby and all...not sure anyone should be in that crazy enviro with a new baby!

I''m still floored by crazy kelly.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
oh, and is it just me, or does betheny look like she just had her wisdom teeth pulled out hald the time? I mean, I love her and think she''s gorgeous, but huge cheeks!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/20/2010 11:06:43 PM
Author: charbie
OMG.

That''s dinner party....Kelly HAD to be on drugs. I mean, seriously she is a wack job.

I love betheny. I hear she''s leaving the show and that''s why Sonja is now in the picture. I heard Alex is leaving too... which is sad bc now I''m starting to like her too. It makes sense for betheny to leave, I mean, new baby and all...not sure anyone should be in that crazy enviro with a new baby!

Makes sense. She is getting her own show about her business, marriage, and baby. She has a lot going on. I think Bethenny is hilarious; it''ll be fun to watch.

Why do all these housewives think they can sing??
33.gif
Ouch...

The yaht and that house were TDF! Too bad Kelly was a crazy lady the whole time. Yikes.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Wow-Gilles Ben Simon is old!!!! and yes Kelly''s face looks like leather.
2.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2010 11:06:43 PM
Author: charbie
OMG.

Kelly acts like someone who did a lot of drugs in the past - fried her brain. She''s off, way off.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
There''s something seriously wrong with Kelly. Like paranoid schizo/delusional/bi-polar all rolled into one. And I love that everyone on the show last night was able to see it clearly. Like the fog finally burned off and they were able to see her for who she really was. Even Jill was like WTF is wrong with her after talking to her on the phone. Can''t wait to see stuff go down next week when Jill shows up out of the blue.

I also can''t wait for Bethenny''s show. I''ve always liked her a lot, since her days on the Apprentice actually. I don''t think people give her enough credit for the things she''s accomplished in her life. She''s not just a chef or an author, first and foremost she''s a super successful entrepreneur. But she needs to lay off the botox and restalyn.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/21/2010 9:05:55 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
There''s something seriously wrong with Kelly. Like paranoid schizo/delusional/bi-polar all rolled into one. And I love that everyone on the show last night was able to see it clearly. Like the fog finally burned off and they were able to see her for who she really was. Even Jill was like WTF is wrong with her after talking to her on the phone. Can''t wait to see stuff go down next week when Jill shows up out of the blue.

I also can''t wait for Bethenny''s show. I''ve always liked her a lot, since her days on the Apprentice actually. I don''t think people give her enough credit for the things she''s accomplished in her life. She''s not just a chef or an author, first and foremost she''s a super successful entrepreneur. But she needs to lay off the botox and restalyn.

I second all of this. I am watching it on DVR right meow and Kelly is OFF HER ROCKER OUT OF CONTROL! Even Crazy Eyes Ramona knows Kelly is CRAY CRAY CRAYZEEEEEE! She needs a filter, that''s for sure.

On a separate note, Bethenny''s food made me want to whip up some crab cakes -- I guess FI is getting lucky with dinner tonight!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Kelly is a total nutjob. I felt a little bad for watching a crazy person lose it on tv but it sure was entertaining! She needs some serious help and I''m so glad everyone knows it now. I''ve never been an Alex or Bethenny fan but I really like both of them now. And I LOVE Ramona! I don''t care that she has no filter--she is so much fun to watch and she owns whatever she says. Can''t wait for next week. I hope Jill gets smacked down. I''m sure the only reason she went down there was to get onto the episode since she really hasn''t been on the last 2. Can''t stand her.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Kelly is such a nutter! OMG! I just couldn''t believe her at the dinner party. Maybe she''s on meds and took a little too many? Or not enough? There''s seriously something wrong with her and I''m glad everybody was able to see it.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I''m really starting to like Sonja. She has her superficial moments (but that''s to be expected), but I think she''s genuine and fun. I sort of thought it was hilarious last night when she kept saying that they should not pick on Kelly because she''s insane while she was holding Kelly''s hand. And Kelly just didn''t seem to care. I don''t doubt Sonja was genuinely concerned, but I couldn''t stop laughing that Kelly didn''t seem to care that everybody thought she was insane...because she is.

Was Sonja brought on to replace anybody? I hope not, this is by far my favorite Real Housewives cast.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I believe Alex is leaving and Sonja is replacing her. At least that''s what I heard before this season, Alex was on much more than I expected.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2010 11:05:51 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I believe Alex is leaving and Sonja is replacing her. At least that''s what I heard before this season, Alex was on much more than I expected.

Both Alex and Bethanny are leaving (though it hasn''t been confirmed that Alex is leaving, that''s what I''ve been reading). Sonja is replacing one of them, and another woman is replacing the other. Apparently she''s an event planner and they bring her in as she plans some event for Jill. Her name is Jennifer Gilbert.

It''s sad, because I like Alex and Bethanny the most by far.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results