carat
color
clarity

Rb price fair? help me out!

digdugger

Rough_Rock
Considering a rb 0.821 e vs1 "super ideal" h&a from a b&m at usd 7.5k
is that price low,reasonable or high?
Being a family run b&m? should i bargain?
Keeper.jpg

digdugger

Rough_Rock
Or perhaps is such a markup to be expected?

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
Hope your screen name comes from a love of the classic video game Dig Dug!

Fair is subjective.

You could have this larger, equally well-cut (if not better), higher-colored stone for over $500 less than the stone you had mentioned:

.85ct, D, VS1
http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=view-id-diamond-infinity-new&id=1133

If you want to save some cash, this stone is slightly larger, will be almost indistinguishable from E-color, and is more than $3,000 less than the stone you had mentioned:

.80ct, F, VS1
http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=view-id-diamond-default&id=17

Personally, I would go for one of those two options, and put the extra cash into an upgraded setting!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why are you buying an E VS1.

Honestly it's a complete waste of money. AT LEAST go down to F/G VS2. Seriously.

Wouldn't your lady prefer to have a larger stone without giving up anything visual?

7.5k and not even 90 points! I'm sorry but that's just a waste of money.

Beautiful, eyeclean and a full carat FOR LESS. http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3063802.htm

To the naked eye it will be indistinguishable from an IF diamond.

As for color. G will not have any tint.

If you want to make a smart choice, I'd go for the stone above. Plus at 6,900 you can put money toward a nicer setting. Or save it for the wedding.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

digdugger

Rough_Rock
Hi Gypsy. Hard words.. but i have to agree with u. Unfortunately im one of those guys who ignorantly committed to a stone at a b&m prior to reading and understanding about diamomds from the literature online (e.g. wonderful forums like this).

Im somewhat trying to salvage the situation (i.e bargain from the store) by getting figures online as a gauge.
Guess i just have to enjoy the stone.. lesson learnt. Hard one i might add.

Is an e vs 1 really that bad?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

digdugger

Rough_Rock
Dealer wont budge stating that 0.8 super ideals (shortage of roughs) are very rare thus the markup from the cutters. :|

thebigjdoe

Rough_Rock
digdugger|1400165177|3673460 said:
Dealer wont budge stating that 0.8 super ideals (shortage of roughs) are very rare thus the markup from the cutters. :|

Why don't you just return it?

digdugger

Rough_Rock
thebigjdoe|1400165539|3673466 said:

Because yours truly mounted it. Looks like im going to be one of those guys who is just gonna suck it up and live with it.

Learnt alot from my first diamond purchase i guess....

Roqsteady

Shiny_Rock
Well look on the bright side - you got a great looking diamond, you just overpaid. Some people overpay, and still get crappy looking diamonds. Then you'd really feel bad!

digdugger

Rough_Rock
Roqsteady|1400166858|3673482 said:
Well look on the bright side - you got a great looking diamond, you just overpaid. Some people overpay, and still get crappy looking diamonds. Then you'd really feel bad!
thanks needed some positive energy. : :twirl:

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
digdugger|1400151872|3673313 said:
Hi Gypsy. Hard words.. but i have to agree with u. Unfortunately im one of those guys who ignorantly committed to a stone at a b&m prior to reading and understanding about diamomds from the literature online (e.g. wonderful forums like this).

Im somewhat trying to salvage the situation (i.e bargain from the store) by getting figures online as a gauge.
Guess i just have to enjoy the stone.. lesson learnt. Hard one i might add.

Is an e vs 1 really that bad?

If this is the case then yes you are way over paying . Even if Gypsy says it she is absolutely spot on. I would much rather have a larger ideal cut stone with G color eye clean si1 then a D, E, F leave those for the Kanye Wests and Brad Pitts who through away money all day.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
digdugger|1400166379|3673475 said:
thebigjdoe|1400165539|3673466 said:

Because yours truly mounted it. Looks like im going to be one of those guys who is just gonna suck it up and live with it.

Learnt alot from my first diamond purchase i guess....

Oh well yeah but now your gonna have to save for an upgrade... I am sure the stone is fabulous and she will sparkle in it.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You paid too much but got a lovely stone. At least you didn't pay too much for a dog of a stone!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enjoy the E. I love higher colors myself and would love an E if I could afford it someday. The icy colors it throws off are amazing. However, this may get your fiancé accustomed to higher colors and you'll have to stick with the high colors on your upgrade! ;))

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1400174058|3673545 said:
You paid too much but got a lovely stone. At least you didn't pay too much for a dog of a stone!

Ditto Miss April, no way that Finger Blinger will bark, plus it will be ICY WHITE and it has high clarity, lots of positives here and the pain of paying more for it will fade as you enjoy it over the years. You drive a brand new car off the lot and lose thousands, sometimes we take a hit, win some, lose some. Congratulations and enjoy! :wavey:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with the others. If you've already bought and mounted it and the stores policy is 'mount it and own it' then just ENJOY IT.

No, you didn't get a bad stone. AT ALL. You got a GORGEOUS stone.

It could have been MUCH worse.

:wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results