shape
carat
color
clarity

RB opinions please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We visited a local jeweler today and saw the following:

GIA cert.
Round Brilliant
Measurements: 6.51 - 6.53 x 4.00 mm
Carat Weight: 1.03
Color Grade: D
Clarity Grade: SI2
Cut Grade: Very Good
Proportions: Depth: 61.3 %
Table: 58 %
Crown Angle: 33.5°
Crown Height: 14 %
Pavilion Angle: 41°
Pavilion Depth: 43.5 %
Star length: 50 %
Lower Half: 80 %
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted
Culet: None
Finish:razz:olish: Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: Faint
Comments: Additional clouds not shown
$5950

What are your thoughts?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I forgot to add, it scored a 1.2 on the HCA, which falls into the excellent category. Should I be concerned that the polish and the symmetry aren''t the same (or that one is rated "good" while the other is "very good")?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't get a very good cut. I would get excellent. I think w/polish and symmetry I would go no lower than very good w/GIA. Hope that helps. Do a search on polish and symmetry. Hope that helps. I would go for a G if you are color sensitive. My G is very white and I think that will help with price (not sure if that is a concern), but it was for me. I wanted something very sparkly and white. Best wishes.

Also, if you like the diamond then get it.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Skippy! I wound up doing a search right after I posted this and I found others that were priced better. I''ll keep looking...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoebarlett, take your time; you will find something gorgeous and I can''t wait!!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
zoe,

How about this one?

1.014 H, SI1 Ideal $5662 wire price

Did you decide against a sapphire center?

ETA: It scores a 0.7 on the HCA

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks EBree! My boyfriend and I went shopping and while we were at the jewelry store, we wound up talking to someone about diamonds. He had gotten in sapphires for us to look at but by the end of the visit, we had moved on to diamonds. My boyfriend got so excited about their offer on one stone (the one mentioned above) that I thought he was ready to buy it right then and there. Luckily he didn''t though and we went home empty handed. See the problem is, the longer I''m left on my own to browse, the more options I''ll think of. Also, it doesn''t help that we''ll both be totally committed to one idea and then when we see something else we love, we''ll be totally committed to that one. So who knows where we''ll be in a couple weeks. I really wish my boyfriend would choose something and then I''d stop looking.
1.gif
Oi-vay!

PS - I haven''t forgotten all the advice I''ve gotten. I''m just storing it all in different parts of my brain to prevent major overload.
9.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2007 11:06:37 PM
Author: zoebartlett
Thanks EBree! My boyfriend and I went shopping and while we were at the jewelry store, we wound up talking to someone about diamonds. He had gotten in sapphires for us to look at but by the end of the visit, we had moved on to diamonds. My boyfriend got so excited about their offer on one stone (the one mentioned above) that I thought he was ready to buy it right then and there. Luckily he didn''t though and we went home empty handed. See the problem is, the longer I''m left on my own to browse, the more options I''ll think of. Also, it doesn''t help that we''ll both be totally committed to one idea and then when we see something else we love, we''ll be totally committed to that one. So who knows where we''ll be in a couple weeks. I really wish my boyfriend would choose something and then I''d stop looking.
1.gif
Oi-vay!

PS - I haven''t forgotten all the advice I''ve gotten. I''m just storing it all in different parts of my brain to prevent major overload.
9.gif

I completely understand changing your mind, and I''m a perfect example! Definitely sleep on any decision for a while to make sure it''s what you want, because switching to something else can be a VERY expensive change of mind!
9.gif

While a diamond with sapphire pears will be gorgeous, I *love* the look switched (AGBF''s
30.gif
). A beautiful blue or green stone just looks amazing paired with diamonds. Speaking of green, have you seen the Pokey Special?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Since you''re able to see so many gorgeous diamond rings on this site, take a look at this website for examples of sapphires with diamond accents:

Jewelry Expert Sapphire Rings

That website has some AMAZING examples of so many different types of rings. Like this one, for example (that color....
30.gif
. And it''s for SALE! *thud*).

sapphirejewelryexpert.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks again! I have seen the "Pokey special" and it''s beautiful. I''ll go look at the other site now.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2007 12:17:12 AM
Author: EBree
Since you''re able to see so many gorgeous diamond rings on this site, take a look at this website for examples of sapphires with diamond accents:

That website has some AMAZING examples of so many different types of rings. Like this one, for example (that color....
30.gif

Hehe! That''s too funny -- I just clicked on the link above and realized the place isn''t far from where we are. In fact, I called them ealier in the week to come in and look around but they only make appts. for visitors. I may call them back and make an appt. The ring you posted IS amazing and I really love that color. Hmmm, how many engagement rings could one have?
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2007 12:11:28 PM
Author: zoebartlett

Date: 3/4/2007 12:17:12 AM
Author: EBree

30.gif

Hehe! That''s too funny -- I just clicked on the link above and realized the place isn''t far from where we are. In fact, I called them ealier in the week to come in and look around but they only make appts. for visitors. I may call them back and make an appt. The ring you posted IS amazing and I really love that color. Hmmm, how many engagement rings could one have?
9.gif

Drooling over that gorgeous ring; it is the prettiest of them all
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results