Votes: 13 21.3%

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1376442867|3502477 said:
Since my hair has MPD (multiple personality disorder) my rating varies with the day. I will say that on many days it is the bane of my existence.

Exactly this!

D

Deactivated member 42515

I say 10. It's the only thing I ever get complimented on and the one thing my friends are jealous about. I'm Asian with wavy hair. But it's also very shiny and healthy.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have very lovely hair. Thick, grows fast, looks good. But oh how I hate it. I want to chop it all off! I've been banned from that till after the wedding though, so for now I just have to sit and dream of short Smiley Cyrus hair.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I gave it a 7.
Cons -
I can't sleep on it, the curls flatten and I look like I have bed head.
I can't pull it back for a bit and then take it down later like my friends with straight hair can. It stretches the curls and they go flat.
It can't be too short or too long. Too short = very puffy. Too long = stretched out and flattened.

Pros -
It takes me 5 minutes to do.
It's never boring.
I don't waste my time experimenting with hair styles. It's lightly layered, between shoulder and chin length. Simple!
I get compliments from random people on my hair which feels good.

Backhanded pro -
If I brush it I'm immediately ready for 80's night! Never, never brush curly hair. Unless you're headed to the roller disco.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe|1376453068|3502598 said:
My personal theory is that we're all happiest when we reject the standard and accept the call to be the best exemplars of our kinds possible.

Ex: I am a crap 2013 NYC woman, bodywise, but I would have made a great body double for Betty Page if she were blonde and Jewish. So I can hate myself for not looking like Kate Moss ... or I can really rock looking like, well, ME.

Ditto hair. It's thick and blonde and indecisive (like me) - not straight unless I put a little muscle into it, and not curly unless I braid it overnight. But it's actually really pretty (I think) if I just leave it the hell alone and strut my stuff as a messy, happy lady.

It's about waist-length now, the last inch or so dyed a purple which has faded to pink over the course of three weeks. Currently trying to decide if I should chop the dyed bits off before the term starts, or go hog-wild and see how I'd feel if I were a little blue .... :twisted:

I can vouch that Circe has gorgeous mermaid pony hair. I met her IRL and it took all my willpower to not just start braiding it.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
aviastar|1376458453|3502636 said:
thing2of2|1376445968|3502524 said:
I gave myself an 8. My hair is super fine but I have a lot of it and it's completely straight and looks good without much effort. My friend with thick wavy hair told me she was going to fight me when she found out I didn't blow dry or straighten my hair. :cheeky: Me having low-maintenance hair is great because I'm super lazy and couldn't deal with hair that needed regular attention. I subtracted 2 from 10 because I do secretly long for giant pony mermaid hair, but I probably wouldn't be able to deal with all that, so it's for the best!

This is exactly how I feel about my hair! I don't even own a blow dryer. It'd be lovely if I could get it to hold a curl longer than 30 seconds, but it's so low maintenance otherwise it's not worth worrying about.

Ha ditto, forget about a curl-mine just doesn't do that. I do use a few products when I'm feeling crazy. My fave product is sea salt spray combined with Lush R&B on the ends.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
arkieb1|1376447319|3502546 said:
8 - long thick dark and glossy. I can straighten it, curl it, tumble out of bed with it, wear it up or leave it down and mostly it looks O.K.

Past 50, but my hair has held up nicely. It is very long and thick. Never a bad hair day. I just brush it out and go. I can wear it down or put it up.

I mostly let my hair air dry and do not subject it to the heat from hair dryers, curling irons, etc. I also use semi-permanent hair color which is much gentler.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I voted yesterday on a fairly decent hair day, so I gave it a wild and crazy "4"!!! ya - that's how pathetic my GOOD days are! It is dry, flyaway but thick and wavy. (weird combo, but that's what I'm dealing with...) and even tho I've been using the Josie Maran Argan oil DAILY plus olive oil based shampoo and conditioner from Kiehl's... its still CRAPPY hair.

The bonus is, I can wake up and use a wide tooth comb and I never look like it is unwashed or disheveled --- i guess that's a blessing in disguise???

The ONLY time that it look fantastic is after the hair dresser (and I do like the new girl I found) and she's got every product known to mankind on it and straightens it --- I LOOK AWESOME then!! but that's only every 6 - 8 weeks.

Today, I'd rate my hair at a 1. Its humid, rainy & windy here, so I kinda look like some witchypoo on crack at the moment. Not my best look - just sayin'!

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
So, I assume I'm supposed to rate my actual hair ... a 5. But, the kicker is I have hair extensions, so I actually like it. It's an expensive indulgence, but I have very fine hair that is always flat and never looks good. The extensions make it longer (obviously), but also much thicker. And they actually allow my hair to be a bit more protected so it actually grows more than if it's on its own.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
My hair looks like what a tan pony has - long, thick, wavy/coarse and blonde/gray :bigsmile:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
If in it's "natural state" including natural color, 1. If it's colored fresh and "done-ish", 8-9.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
53 votes and not one single zero.

I guess Phil doesn't post here.

screen_shot_2013-08-14_at_12.png

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I think my hair is very pretty, but I sometimes don't like how wavy it is naturally. To me it is not an attractive wavy, but a frumpy blah lank wavy. Just. Blah.

D

Deactivated member 42515

YT said:
I say 10. It's the only thing I ever get complimented on and the one thing my friends are jealous about. I'm Asian with wavy hair. But it's also very shiny and healthy.
I take it back. I give my hair a 7. My hair is a crazy bitch in humidity! I'm Monica from friends!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results