Votes: 13 21.3%

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On a scale from 1-10 ...

One being I hate my hair now as much as humanly possible.
Ten being I love my hair now as much as humanly possible.

The rating criteria is just your gut feeling towards your hair today.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
30% gray.. :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since my hair has MPD (multiple personality disorder) my rating varies with the day. I will say that on many days it is the bane of my existence.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I voted 6. I love the length and cut, love the color, but the texture has changed in the last couple of years, and I'm "transitioning". I'm switching from using shampoo and conditioner, to other, more natural products. It gets a little weird and frizzy, but it's already back on the upswing. Normally, pre-texture change and transition, I'd say 8.5.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I gave my hair a 9. I have very thick healthy hair. One of my favorite things about myself. I spend plenty of money to get it colored and cut, buy expensive shampoo and spend time styling it every day. I'm less than a year away from the big 5-0 :-o , and consider my hair to be my link to youth :))

NTave

Shiny_Rock
Its thick enough, its long enough. Its a pretty enough color with some greys peeking through. I don't have to color it, yet. Its curly to beat the band and not really frizzy..I have to do little to it to make it look ok..unless I want to straighten and that's a whole different ball of wax. That gives it a solid 6. It depends on the day if its more 3 or 8..

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Thick, shiny, mahogany (with plenty of platinum), in a well-cut pixie.

PD nice.

Did you say how you feel about yours Kenny?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Begonia|1376443500|3502494 said:
Did you say how you feel about yours Kenny?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted 5. My hair is ok - no gray, which is good...but left to it's own devices it's this weird brown color so I highlight it. It's a little thin, tends to be a bit dry and doesn't always go the way I want it to but for the most part I think it looks ok.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I rated a 5. I like that it's straight; I always feel I have lucked out there. I've heard people with straight hair want curly or wavy hair, and people with curly or wavy hair want straight hair…. but I always thought it's so easy to have straight hair. If I want curls, I can curl it.

I don't like that I have very thin hair, and very weak and damaged hair that grows at the same rate that it breaks. My hair never grows and I haven't had a hair cut in over 2 years. It's the same length. My hair also has decided to flip me the bird and grow the white hair I have right along my forehead hair line and middle of my crown, where it is the most obvious. It doesn't grow anywhere else on my head. :nono:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I gave myself an 8. My hair is super fine but I have a lot of it and it's completely straight and looks good without much effort. My friend with thick wavy hair told me she was going to fight me when she found out I didn't blow dry or straighten my hair. :cheeky: Me having low-maintenance hair is great because I'm super lazy and couldn't deal with hair that needed regular attention. I subtracted 2 from 10 because I do secretly long for giant pony mermaid hair, but I probably wouldn't be able to deal with all that, so it's for the best!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that I've discovered volumizing mousse...

I love my hair! It's a bit lighter than it used to be - in college I dyed it to exactly the very dark brown it is naturally now. If I could convince it to hold a curl on occasion for more than ten minutes it'd be a 10 ::)

ETA: Hair like AutumnNovember's... THAT would be a straight up 10 :Up_to_something:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
8 - long thick dark and glossy. I can straighten it, curl it, tumble out of bed with it, wear it up or leave it down and mostly it looks O.K.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I had Persian hair. :love: I'm half Italian, but my hair only grows on my body :wacko:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted 3. I have been having my perm cut off and going for shorter hair with bangs. I have a hard time styling it so it's not really one of my favorite hair styles.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
7 for today because despite getting saltwater in it multiple times, it still managed to give me good waves after a cowash.

Any other day can range from a1 to a 8,
I won't be.completely happy until I figure out what products really work for it.

imitcan

Shiny_Rock
Only a 6, maybe a 7 and getting a little too thin near the crown! Woofmama, we are nearly the same age and I am green with envy right now. You are a lucky lady!

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I gave my hair a 6 but after reading the descriptions of really lovely hair here I feel I should change it to a 2.

There's not much to say about my hair. It can be summed up in one word: farce. The color isn't natural, I beat the crap out of it with a dryer and straightener to get it to behave - and that's after I slather it with a ton of expensive products.

Six???? What was I thinking?

edited to add:
I just changed my vote to a 2! I never knew one could change their vote on these polls!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9--I have good hair that is all my natural color and doesn't give me too much trouble. I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1376449450|3502567 said:
9--I have good hair that is all my natural color and doesn't give me too much trouble. I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

Same here. I have natural dark brown hair that is thick, has natural highlights, and super low maintenance, I just wash and go, and it dries straight without blow drying so little maintenance...love it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
5 because I don't really care much about it. As long as I am presentable, that's all that matters. I am a wash and go sort of person - no blow drying, no styling, no special or particular products.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
8. I love my hair. It's a bit frizzy so it gets docked two points. :)

My midsection on the other hand... two mercy points.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My personal theory is that we're all happiest when we reject the standard and accept the call to be the best exemplars of our kinds possible.

Ex: I am a crap 2013 NYC woman, bodywise, but I would have made a great body double for Betty Page if she were blonde and Jewish. So I can hate myself for not looking like Kate Moss ... or I can really rock looking like, well, ME.

Ditto hair. It's thick and blonde and indecisive (like me) - not straight unless I put a little muscle into it, and not curly unless I braid it overnight. But it's actually really pretty (I think) if I just leave it the hell alone and strut my stuff as a messy, happy lady.

It's about waist-length now, the last inch or so dyed a purple which has faded to pink over the course of three weeks. Currently trying to decide if I should chop the dyed bits off before the term starts, or go hog-wild and see how I'd feel if I were a little blue .... :twisted:

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
thing2of2|1376445968|3502524 said:
I gave myself an 8. My hair is super fine but I have a lot of it and it's completely straight and looks good without much effort. My friend with thick wavy hair told me she was going to fight me when she found out I didn't blow dry or straighten my hair. :cheeky: Me having low-maintenance hair is great because I'm super lazy and couldn't deal with hair that needed regular attention. I subtracted 2 from 10 because I do secretly long for giant pony mermaid hair, but I probably wouldn't be able to deal with all that, so it's for the best!

This is exactly how I feel about my hair! I don't even own a blow dryer. It'd be lovely if I could get it to hold a curl longer than 30 seconds, but it's so low maintenance otherwise it's not worth worrying about.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1376453068|3502598 said:
My personal theory is that we're all happiest when we reject the standard and accept the call to be the best exemplars of our kinds possible.

Ex: I am a crap 2013 NYC woman, bodywise, but I would have made a great body double for Betty Page if she were blonde and Jewish. So I can hate myself for not looking like Kate Moss ... or I can really rock looking like, well, ME.

Ditto hair. It's thick and blonde and indecisive (like me) - not straight unless I put a little muscle into it, and not curly unless I braid it overnight. But it's actually really pretty (I think) if I just leave it the hell alone and strut my stuff as a messy, happy lady.

It's about waist-length now, the last inch or so dyed a purple which has faded to pink over the course of three weeks. Currently trying to decide if I should chop the dyed bits off before the term starts, or go hog-wild and see how I'd feel if I were a little blue .... :twisted:

I totally agree with you there Circe! When I stopped straightening my hair my life got a lot better. Less time dealing with it and obsessing over it and everyone prefers it curly (especially my dh) so it was a win win embracing what nature/nurture gave me.

I am so jealous of your hair though..waist length and thick and blonde! Lucky lucky!!! You have gorgeous hair and what I would give to have that kind of hair if only for a brief time...You keep rocking it girl. :appl:
(btw blue is my favorite color...just sayin :cheeky: )

jazzoboe

Shiny_Rock
Maria D|1376449203|3502566 said:
I gave my hair a 6 but after reading the descriptions of really lovely hair here I feel I should change it to a 2.

Yeah I also gave it a 6 but then changed it to a 4 after reading about everyone's amazing hair here!

My hair is fine, but I have quite a lot of it. It is straight, but not quite straight enough to just wash and go. If I don't blow dry it will be a little frizzy and just have odd kinks, but not actual waves. Even when I blow dry I still have to run a straightener through it or one side will flip out on the ends while the other side does not, which drives me nuts. It doesn't hold a curl for anything. And it's a pretty boring color with that looks like it can't decide if it wants to be blonde or brown.

I've recently been thinking about dying it, but I had an unfortunate experience dying my hair in high school and after taking a good 3 years for it all to grow out enough to cut off I told myself I wouldn't color again. But now I'm super bored with the color and would like to go either richer brown or perhaps reddish since I do have a very fair, freckly complexion. I can't afford color at the salon every month or 2, however, and I'm still afraid of going for box color and ending up hating it.

I also can't decide if I want to grow it out long or cut it again... I had it cut to my collar bone with a bit of layering a few months ago and now it's grown a few inches and is just the weird in-between length for me. So, to cut it shoulder length or a little below, or let it grow long like it was a few years ago for my wedding? The only problem is it takes more time to deal with when it's long and it gets a lot of split ends, which drive me crazy.

See, talking about it, now I don't even feel like giving my hair a 4! At least it's all still present and relatively healthy.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I voted a 7 only because I love my long thick hair, but since having kids I just don't have the time to do it anymore. I usually throw it up in a ponytail these days.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I voted a 7 only because I love my long thick hair, but since having kids I just don't have the time to do it anymore. I usually throw it up in a ponytail these days.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Today, my hair is a 9, mostly because my bangs are sorely in need of a trim so they're a bit unruly. If it were freshly cut, I'd most likely give my hair a 10, as I'm not ashamed to say it's always been one of my best (if not THE best) features.

I've never dyed it or permed it. It's a natural shade of dark blonde, and gets some lovely natural light blonde and sometimes white blonde highlights after some time in the sun. It's thin, but not too thin, and has a slight natural texture, which gives it body and means it holds a decent curl when I decide to style it.

It's cut short right now, so it's pretty wash and go...it won't dry "perfectly" without a blow dryer, but it will get close enough to make me happy. And if it doesn't dry nice and straight with a slight under-curl, all it takes is a few seconds with a blow dryer and a round brush. And if I do use the blow dryer from wet hair, it takes a whole 3 minutes or less.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1376453068|3502598 said:

Yes yes yes yes yes.

This is also the reason I actively avoid looking at pictures of celebrities. Unless they're Christina Hendricks or Scarlett Johannsen, I'm basically just asking to feel terrible about my body type. But those ladies are built like I am, and they rock it. So if I need outfit inspiration, I'll look to them, otherwise? I'm just gonna hang out in my perfect-for-me body that does all the stuff I want it to.

As for my hair - if I only blow dry the bangs, I can rock a kind of wavy, lazy beach look. If I blow dry all of it, it is a lovely not-pin-straight kind of straight. It holds a curl and I can straighten it when I want to, and in a few weeks, it'll be purple.

-2 for frizz, though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results