Cut: Ex
Polish: Ex
Symmetry: Ex
Fluorescence: None

Table: 60
Depth 60.3
Crown 32.5
Pavillion: 41

If it's not a great diamond, please explain why so I can further my research. To me, the proportions seem off compared to the standard but it still scored Excellent (1.4) on the HCA.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The HCA gives you a screening and the grade indicates that while the proportions are somewhat off from Tolkowsky's Ideal, they will work well with one another and create a diamond which will look quite good in spite of what seems like a shallow crown angle and a larger than standard table percentage. I'd guess the diamond has an above average diameter for the 1.20ct weight.

This might be a great value and work for you. It might be one that helps you get to a better choice. It is very personal. No one but you should dictate what you choose, so long as you educate yourself BEFORE you make a final purchase.

No doubt there will be many others to choose from. Give us the range of cost for this stone and let some of the Pricescopers here give you some alternatives.

Fharhan93

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. I am looking for a diamond between 1 to 1.5 carat but want to stay within 8.5k. I am okay with a lower carat (i.e. 1.20) if that means getting an amazing quality diamond based on standards.

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. I am looking for a diamond between 1 to 1.5 carat but want to stay within 8.5k. I am okay with a lower carat (i.e. 1.20) if that means getting an amazing quality diamond based on standards.

If you want to stay at G colour I couldn't find a lot at that price point.

But I do like this one:

Mavimaui

Rough_Rock
To me, based on what a lot of pricescopers consider ideal cut, this stone is too deep, and does not have complimentary crown and pavilion angles. I’m sure others who are more experienced will chime in with more info.

wildcard here.. HPD has wonderful ideal cut stones; this is a bit above budget, but also a larger stone. It is an eye-clean Si1, so a great value! I’ve seen it in person, it’s beautiful!

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm okay with H color. That diamond you sent is impeccable.

What do you think of this one? its closer to 9k but worth the investment if its a quality diamond.

I like this one, but the poster above also suggested an ideal cut diamond from HPD which is (of course) going to be exceptional and comes with a $1 upgrade policy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results