shape
carat
color
clarity

Rap discount for med blue flour in H

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Final Cut

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Does anyone know what the rap says about HVS2 discounting of medium blue flour in 2.5ct round ?

Thanks all - pricescope is just the best !

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
Size doesn't matter.
Usually, there is no discount for a medium blue H VS.... (according to M. Rapaport)
(maximum in some cases : around - 2%).

Best regards,

Trichrome.

Final Cut

Rough_Rock
Hey thanks - just a quick followup:

Is a med blue flour considered helpful (and if yes, then how much) in an ex/ex cut H ?

Thanks again!
wavey.gif

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
Fluorescence can be very helpfull in an H stone.... there are some chances it will
make the stone a little bit whiter face up.... It won't change anything about the cut : if your
diamond is not well cut, fluo won't change a thing about it.

Also, fluo makes your diamond unique.... people (like myself) love to see that
glow .... it makes your diamond magical.....and easy to spot besides a zirconium....

However, in the industry, strong blue fluorescent diamonds in the DEF color scale
get a discount.....why?.... because some people will tell you that these diamonds can
get a milky appearance under some types of lights..... bull****.... this phenomenon is very
rare...so you can get a pretty diamond like that for a GREAT price..... if you want to
be safe, go with medium blue...

Hope this helps,

Trichrome.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
JMHO - I wouldn't buy a stone *without* bl. fluor. Med/strong blue more than likely will make the stone face up whiter. I have a 3c "I" stone w/ med/strong bl. fluor. The stone faces up plenty white & is set in platinum w/ f/g stones beside it.

The only valid complaint I have heard about stones w/ strong blue fluor is that in sunlight the stone does take on a purplish "hue". One person found that offensive. I like it. On very rare occassions, the stone may appear milky in sunlight. Make sure you view the stone in sunlight.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results