Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Rap discount for med blue flour in H

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Final Cut

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Does anyone know what the rap says about HVS2 discounting of medium blue flour in 2.5ct round ?

Thanks all - pricescope is just the best !

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
Size doesn't matter.
Usually, there is no discount for a medium blue H VS.... (according to M. Rapaport)
(maximum in some cases : around - 2%).

Best regards,

Trichrome.

Final Cut

Rough_Rock
Hey thanks - just a quick followup:

Is a med blue flour considered helpful (and if yes, then how much) in an ex/ex cut H ?

Thanks again!

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
Fluorescence can be very helpfull in an H stone.... there are some chances it will
make the stone a little bit whiter face up.... It won't change anything about the cut : if your
diamond is not well cut, fluo won't change a thing about it.

Also, fluo makes your diamond unique.... people (like myself) love to see that
glow .... it makes your diamond magical.....and easy to spot besides a zirconium....

However, in the industry, strong blue fluorescent diamonds in the DEF color scale
get a discount.....why?.... because some people will tell you that these diamonds can
get a milky appearance under some types of lights..... bull****.... this phenomenon is very
rare...so you can get a pretty diamond like that for a GREAT price..... if you want to
be safe, go with medium blue...

Hope this helps,

Trichrome.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
JMHO - I wouldn't buy a stone *without* bl. fluor. Med/strong blue more than likely will make the stone face up whiter. I have a 3c "I" stone w/ med/strong bl. fluor. The stone faces up plenty white & is set in platinum w/ f/g stones beside it.

The only valid complaint I have heard about stones w/ strong blue fluor is that in sunlight the stone does take on a purplish "hue". One person found that offensive. I like it. On very rare occassions, the stone may appear milky in sunlight. Make sure you view the stone in sunlight.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.