shape
carat
color
clarity

rank your priorities on the stone quality

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

argh&stuff

Shiny_Rock
It''s "Fun" when I''m not confused. I decided to take a break from looking at actual diamonds, though. Last night I ended up frustrated. It''s a lot to take in. Towards the end of the night, I was just clicking on stones at random so I could see the "idealscope." That in itself is fun!

My girl''s been trying to get me "care more" about this stuff, so this is what I''m doing. I don''t want to disappoint her, and I don''t want to get ripped off, either. I may not have a big budget, but it''s a LOT to me!

I''m SO thankful for all you girls (and a few guys, too) who''ve been guiding me. I''ll try to have less "uh-ohs" along the way. :)

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
1. Cut - definately
2. Color - A fan favorite of colorless
3. Clarity - Must be eye clean
4. Carat - If it''s a diamond, heck I''ll take any size

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Size is least important to me.

1. The best cut possible - but Eightstar is unnecessarily expensive
2. high color and clarity - F VVS2 range (I rank color and clarity equally)
3. carat - the leftover parameter I could buy much larger stones but I won't. I'd rather put that money into the other Cs

There are only a couple of us who put size last.
I wonder what other charcteristics we have in common.

It is ironic this thread came up just now.
I must be breaking my rules because just now I have my eye on a certain D, IF HCA=1.0.
A true AGS 000.
I'm just mulling over spending the big bucks.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Well, I''m sure I''m a little different than most PSers:
1. Size
2. Color
3. Cut
4. Clarity

I''m a size "snob", no doubt, and I won''t try to pretend I''m something that I''m not -- I can be honest with myself about it! However, I AM getting a little less materiali$tic since turning 40 (ha, ha) and while I always thought I''d go LARGER one day up from my current 3.29 ct. (9.59mm), this is really the perfect size for me!

But, I think that most of the cut nuts here are really referring to round brilliants -- please correct me if I am wrong.

While I do currently have a round, it is certainly not ideal (although I have been told by two different jewelers -- neither of which are the ones that sold it to me) that it is cut well, beautiful stone, etc., so who the hell knows!!!). However, I really am not even into the round cut and VERY much want to get an antique cut stone for the next go-around (whenever that will be???), or go for an emerald cut. So, I guess I''m not as much into the full-on cut thing in terms of finding a great performing round; I''m more into the individual personality of a diamond, especially one that is more "off cut", I guess you could say. Hey, I always root for the underdog!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results