color
clarity

Random talk thread!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOoooooo!

How could I have forgotten?!?!?

I got another batch of pictures that my grandfather took! I've got to go through them again but will have some more to post (I'll stick in BWW with the other pics!) soon.

ETA:
Grandpa always has his camera with him. He actually was a photographer for the army and does pretty impressive work. He scrolled through the pictures from the pro photographer and said "She's a little trigger happy aint she?" :lol:
He thinks she took too many pictures :bigsmile:
(I don't mind! She did exactly what I wanted -- spend the hours taking pictures!)

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1385877276|3565473 said:
Have you gotten your registry coupons yet? We got 20% off coupons for anything left on our registry.
I'd love to get some of the stuff, but we're not really able right this minute. I'm not too upset though because I routinely get 20% off coupons from each of these places so it isn't like we can't get the stuff later.

Still need to get out the thank you cards. Just have 3 to do.
We did get it! We didn't buy much, but picked up a few bigger items we didn't receive (like dishes and pots/pans). Get on those thank you cards! It felt so good to check that off the to-do list.

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1385887037|3565524 said:
OOoooooo!

How could I have forgotten?!?!?

I got another batch of pictures that my grandfather took! I've got to go through them again but will have some more to post (I'll stick in BWW with the other pics!) soon.
Can't wait to see them! We're still waiting on our disc in the mail...I figured it would be here by now. I need to send my photographer a message and make sure he sent it so I'm not waiting/worrying for nothing.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Men!

So we are just turning on a Poirot murder MYSTERY. "A" has never seen these before and hasn't read the books yet. So DH said "A psychotic killer former movie star is always great!" in such a way that there was no doubt left who was the killer in the murder MYSTERY. :rolleyes:
Put that one away and took out a different one. Will watch the other some months from now when the whole thing is forgotten because what is the point to watching a murder MYSTERY if you already know who the killer is?!?!! (unless it is a favorite you go back to again and again to pick up on new hints along the way)

He still doesn't get it! He'll quite happily tell me the ending of other movies and stuff we watch because "Who cares about the ending anyway?"

Gah!

Oh well.... back to the movie.

audball

Ideal_Rock
That stinks!! I'd hate that. Like you said, who wants to watch a movie (or read a book) when the ending has already been revealed. Gah!

audball

Ideal_Rock
The photographer who took our engagement pictures ran a small business Saturday special (20% off bookings) so we decided to do Christmas pictures! We got a 30 minute mini-session for $40 and will have some holiday pictures to put on our first married Christmas card! :)) I can't wait to see them.

I also heard from our photographer today -- he was waiting on us to give him the okay before burning/sending the disc or our images. Gah. I was waiting on him, lol. It's actually good, though, because I found about 7 images more that I wanted him to include in black and white in addition to the color version so since he hadn't burned the disc yet, we're able to get them easy peasy. Woot!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay for more pictures together! What a great thing to do for your first married Christmas :appl:

Gah!!!
I've been waiting so impatiently for your pictures ;(
Oh well..... sounds like it turned out awesome with more b&w :appl:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am SOOOOoooo excited!

We just got an e-mail from the winery. They have a new anniversary package and wanted to make it available to us!
One night stay, bottle of their blanc de blanc & chocolate covered strawberries in the room, 5 course wine-paired dinner, breakfast and wine tasting -- about half the price of room + meals without the special package :appl:

OMG!!!
10/17 is a FRIDAY next year!!!!
I looked earlier (at the wrong month??) and was sad because I thought it was a weekday (and, with any luck, I'll be in the university by then so missing exams would be a problem!).

DH is super excited too!!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1386053801|3566537 said:
Yay for more pictures together! What a great thing to do for your first married Christmas :appl:

Gah!!!
I've been waiting so impatiently for your pictures ;(
Oh well..... sounds like it turned out awesome with more b&w :appl:
I know! We had fun. And I'm dying for the disc to get here already because I want to get some announcements printed up and start figuring out which prints to get done for a wall collage.

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1386054203|3566539 said:
I am SOOOOoooo excited!

We just got an e-mail from the winery. They have a new anniversary package and wanted to make it available to us!
One night stay, bottle of their blanc de blanc & chocolate covered strawberries in the room, 5 course wine-paired dinner, breakfast and wine tasting -- about half the price of room + meals without the special package :appl:

OMG!!!
10/17 is a FRIDAY next year!!!!
I looked earlier (at the wrong month??) and was sad because I thought it was a weekday (and, with any luck, I'll be in the university by then so missing exams would be a problem!).

DH is super excited too!!!
That's awesome TP! :)) Are you going to book it!? I totally would.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are definitely going to book it! We'd been planning to go for anniversaries anyway so this is a great surprise.

Hopefully by then "A" will have sorted out her emotions and can be left overnight without fear. I think I'm going to have to figure out a night over the summer for DH and I to go away (probably just over to my grandparents' little place) so that we don't spend our entire anniversary stressing about what we'll find when we get home.
She's had 3 days in Seattle already. Going 4-days/3-nights to Disneyland in February. 4-days/3-nights (or 5/4?) in Vancouver in May. Plus whatever else comes up that hasn't been announced yet. I will NOT be made to feel guilty that she is at home and not invited to our one night away for our anniversary.

audball

Ideal_Rock
That's awesome! She will be a year older and more settled into your home, so *hopefully* you won't have any worries. I think a trial over the summer isn't a bad idea, though!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Photographer just wrote -- disc is in the mail with the extras we asked for! Woot. Should have it this week FINALLY.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Got a sneak peek of our Christmas session! We got this ornament on River Street on our honeymoon in Savannah.

1102707_697130176986413_210820161_o.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1386088598|3566733 said:
Photographer just wrote -- disc is in the mail with the extras we asked for! Woot. Should have it this week FINALLY.

Yay!!!!

Your Christmas picture is beautiful!
OMG that ornament is cute :love: :love:

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1386117615|3567002 said:
Yay!!!! Your Christmas picture is beautiful!
Thank you! I love our Mr. & Mrs. Reindeer ornament. I particularly liked the mistletoe hanging off the Mr.'s antlers and they're making eyes at each other! :love:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1386118083|3567006 said:
TooPatient|1386117615|3567002 said:
Yay!!!! Your Christmas picture is beautiful!
Thank you! I love our Mr. & Mrs. Reindeer ornament. I particularly liked the mistletoe hanging off the Mr.'s antlers and they're making eyes at each other! :love:

The eyes just complete it! The mistletoe is cute and the little bent together heads too.... but those eyes :love:

My grandmother used to get us a special ornament for each Christmas starting the year we were each born. When I was old enough, she'd let me go pick my own. I still have them all packed in our storage shed. Even after converting to Judaism and knowing I'll never hang them up again, I can't bring myself to part with them.

Hmmmm.....
I think it may be time to re-start the other keepsake she got me started on -- charm bracelets!
I've got special charms that she picked out and put on a bracelet for me. She gave it to me before she died so that I can keep adding to it as special events happen in my life.

audball

Ideal_Rock
They really do! :love:

I love traditions like that. I hope to do something like that when we have a family of our own.

Any pictures of your charm bracelet!?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've got to get pictures of it! I also have one of my grandmother's bracelets.

I have a couple of blank charms that she bought and had tucked in with it. Just circular things meant to engrave. Not sure what her plans were, but I had been thinking of having one engraved with her b-day and something special.

Probably also about time to start getting one together for "A" so that she can have something special. She's had a lot of bad in her life so I'd like to do something special for her to remember all the good as she grows up. DH and I had talked about starting one and giving it to her at high school or college graduation.

audball

Ideal_Rock
That's a sweet idea! You could do one with your wedding date as well!

And such a sweet idea for A! Your'e so thoughtful.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The wedding date is a great idea!

I've been browsing on and off for the last 5+ years and run into cute wedding charms. After my quarter is over (finals next week :-o ) I need to look again and see what is around. I had the worst time before because it usually turned into "Oooo! A cake! OOOooo! A ring! OOOoooo! A bride & groom! Oooooo! A _____!!!!" Yeah.... Need to pick ONE.
I'm in no rush though. I want to make sure it is the right one.

I am looking forward to ordering this mezuzah! It will hold some of the shards from the glass DH broke in our ceremony. Each room in our house has a mezuzah except our bedroom -- I've been waiting for our wedding so that we can order this!

We have another of his on another door too. Beautiful work!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Good luck on your finals!

And I agree -- take your time on choosing meaningful charms. That is the actual point after all! With the Pandora charm bracelet craze, it seems it's just about buying charms like crazy without real meaning behind them and then it gets to be just a cutesy thing instead of a sentimental/meaningful one.

That mezuzah is very beautiful! And meaningful with the glass from your ceremony!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So tired!

Up until after midnight last night getting ready for the last midterm exam of the quarter. That wouldn't have been too bad except that DH had a rough night and was up/down most of the night and needed help a couple of times.
Alarm went off at 6:20.

The nice thing about multiple mid-term exams is that a big chunk of my grade is spread over several tests instead of just one. The not so good thing is that there is always an exam to be ready for.

audball

Ideal_Rock
That's rough! Have a special holiday coffee today to perk you up! :)) Nothing like a peppermint mocha.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1386175501|3567415 said:
That's rough! Have a special holiday coffee today to perk you up! :)) Nothing like a peppermint mocha.

Except maybe a peppermint WHITE mocha :lickout:

We have an espresso machine at home and a fully stocked assortment of syrups. I need to roast more beans since we're running low. Time for another batch of the Ethiopian Mocha Harrar!
Yeah..... we're coffee people!

I order green coffee beans 40+ pounds at a time. We usually have about 3 different single-origin coffees in the house. I roast once a week or so and then use a burr grinder to grind fresh as we go.

Current flavors (Monin :lickout: ):
Caramel sauce, dark chocolate sauce, white chocolate sauce
Syrups: Vanilla bean, peppermint, frosted mint, black cherry, raspberry, blackberry, caramel, toffee nut, coconut, hazelnut, almond, amaretto, toasted marshmallow.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Mmm! Peppermint white mocha is yum too! I'm 99% of the time a frappuccino orderer at Starbucks and love the Java Chip frap with either peppermint or vanilla added. Yum yum yum. But when I order a hot drink (that isn't hot chocolate), I love peppermint mocha (dark or white), and a regular white mocha. So good.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the frappuccino's!

When I worked there, I enjoyed experimenting with adding different syrups. The java-chip is yummy with some caramel sauce stirred in after blending! This was before you could customize your Frappuccino -- in the time of just the basic few with a dairy-based mix.

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1386257336|3568099 said:
I love the frappuccino's!
Mmm....me too! :)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Getting ready for the weekend. It is cold here! 28 and falling (at 4pm).

I've got to get dinner going and then a bit of tidy-up stuff. DH's ex-wife's sister shows up tomorrow to stay the night with us :knockout:

Have a great weekend!
I'll check in as I'm able, but probably out until Sunday.

ETA: Make that 27 and falling.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gahhhh!@!!!!!!

Person is supposed to be here tomorrow. So (of course!!) our oven broke!

Every. Last. Time. We have people invited to the house, some appliance or another breaks. :nono:

Oh.... And I think the oven is JUST out of warranty :rolleyes:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results