clarity

Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
What a sweet face.

She gets away with everything because she's so darn cute. She's super vocal and sassy and she bosses our golden doodle terribly - she's 5lbs and the doodle is 50 - she can literally stand under the doodles' belly and not touch - but if you think you're the boss, you're the boss. Tiny but mighty.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
last night Tibby wasn't tired when i went to bed
he roamed all over the house moewing
he jumped from the spair bed onto the book case onto the window sill then fell off trying to get down, then he tried to get into the linnen cuoboard with Borris but he is no agile gymnast like Borris and he fell off a pile of sheets yet he can get onto the garage roof climbing up the fence no problem
anyway funny times
he eventually desided it was bedtime and hoped in beside me under the covers - but don't pat him in bed
he likes to sleep and disturbed and grizzles if we pat him when he's almost asleep

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
Our 7 month old collie puppy, Daphne, is a total character.
Today we went to visit my mom and her dog, Sadie. The dogs played in the backyard. At one point Sadie started to go down the stairs from the deck at the exact moment Daphne decided to take a flying leap onto Sadie's back (!!!). This resulted in Daphne toppling off of Sadie and down the 8 steps to the grass. Luckily, the emergency vet checked her out and she's fine.

Here is the crazy girl 20200813_165943.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is huge! :-o

Haha, you are right. She is huge. Most of our ferals are pretty large thanks to the meals they receive at La Casa de Greg and Missy. Let's just say they do not have to worry about where their next meal is coming from as long as we are here.

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 6.12.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 6.20.39 AM.png

feralfeedingstationonporch.jpeg

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
Oh! Oh! Oh! Another tri girl! Be still my heart!

Collies are the absolute best, aren't they?!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Collies are the perfect dog for us! We also have a male smooth collie (also a tri) and they are just so sweet and loving.

Yours looks beautiful. What is her name?

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Her name is a bit of a.......dilemma. Maybe Pricescopers can help us out here.

She's 6 years old, and when we got her 5 and a half years ago, we named her Gypsy, which I've just always thought was a lovely name, and she's a lovely girl. She took to it right away (especially since the collie rescue had been calling her Cinder - ugghh!), and all seemed fine. Well, this summer I found out that that name is actually an ethnic slur to the Romany people, so.......we want to be sensitive to that and change her name, and we've been trying different names all summer, and nothing is really working or sticking, and she's getting thoroughly confused..... My DH is getting immensely frustrated and is pretty much ready to just give up and stick with her insensitive name, but I'm feeling horribly guilty about that.

Maybe Pricescopers can help me come up another name.......or reassure me that we're not terrible people. We just didn't know at the time. :eek-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Her name is a bit of a.......dilemma. Maybe Pricescopers can help us out here.

She's 6 years old, and when we got her 5 and a half years ago, we named her Gypsy, which I've just always thought was a lovely name, and she's a lovely girl. She took to it right away (especially since the collie rescue had been calling her Cinder - ugghh!), and all seemed fine. Well, this summer I found out that that name is actually an ethnic slur to the Romany people, so.......we want to be sensitive to that and change her name, and we've been trying different names all summer, and nothing is really working or sticking, and she's getting thoroughly confused..... My DH is getting immensely frustrated and is pretty much ready to just give up and stick with her insensitive name, but I'm feeling horribly guilty about that.

Maybe Pricescopers can help me come up another name.......or reassure me that we're not terrible people. We just didn't know at the time. :eek-2:

Ugh dear @OboeGal I am so sorry about this. Of course you are not terrible people. You are the opposite. You are a wonderful kind sensitive person. Your poor sweet doggie. She is already 6 years old and I feel any name change is going to thoroughly confuse her as already evidenced. If this were my dog I would leave her be.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be more culturally sensitive. It is a goal we should all strive for. However, sometimes we can take it too far and in this case, for the well being of your dog I would leave her name.

You do so much good in the world and I think it is OK to leave her name as is. How often do you use the name around others in public anyway? Maybe just try not to call her name in public and that could be a good compromise? For the well being of your dog I would leave her name as is.
Or, if you feel you must change her name I would choose a very similar sounding word. Jippie, Chippie, Jips,

@OboeGal sending you (((hugs))). And I would like to add, once again, that you are the furthest thing from a terrible person. From the heart I say this. You are a kind, generous, warm, wonderful and sensitive individual as I am sure your DH is as well. I have no doubt you are one of the best human beings around. Please don't be so hard on yourself. None of us are perfect and none of us have not made errors looking back in hindsight. This should be the worst mistake you ever make. Anyway just needed to add that. And send you good thoughts and more (((hugs))).

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Awww, thank you so much, @missy!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When we remodeled the master bath, I asked for a walk-in shower big enough for one human and 3 cats to be in there together. I remember the look they exchanged ("We got us a crazy one here."). Crazy one is correct, but it isn't me.

Atticus shower tongue.jpg Atticus shower mouth.jpg

I love this cat!!!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll trade you for your Cavs. Atticus is an awesome cat and also a hyuuuuuuuuuuge PIA. Lol.

See the little Black and Tan? She’s a PIA too :lol-2:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just sharing a picture of Quinn, my only female cat. I have four cats- Milo, Plum, Maple and Quinn.
Quinn is three years old now. She is always with me.
7D26F7D6-F598-4143-8D10-204B3E42E170.jpeg 4D54ACA8-7838-4859-9826-28A9A8FAD31F.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
058712C7-96B7-49FF-BBCE-8DD1E0FFD991.jpeg

My sweet Bailey...This is what happens to him after I give him his pain pill. He must ache after his morning pain pill wears off. One hour after his evening pill he crashes on his bed and starts snoring..He will be 12 in November. I pray he has many more years with us.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blurry but too sweet not to share.
360105C2-C328-4650-8BFB-BDDE0AC36EBE.jpeg
That tongue.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A twofer. They actually get along but I watch them carefully when Casey is out of her cage. She likes to get on the ground on this sheepskin rug and visit with Bogo. Bogo has licked her making her roll over on her back. LOL.

20200827_150345.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She got a fluffy belly!

Haha yes she does. She just got a bath yesterday so that might explain the extra fluffiness.

Those eyes...What a sweetie..:kiss2:

She is sweet. Sometimes. And sometimes she is not so angelic. We love her despite her moodiness. I don't love when she chases Tommy though which is way too frequent. We squirt her and Oliver (he likes to chase Tommy too) with water but it only deters them but for that moment. Sigh.

A twofer. They actually get along but I watch them carefully when Casey is out of her cage. She likes to get on the ground on this sheepskin rug and visit with Bogo. Bogo has licked her making her roll over on her back. LOL.

20200827_150345.jpg

Hahaha adorable @redwood66. :love:

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
We got this little prince exactly 6 years ago. He was 6 weeks and 1 day young. The youngest age at which the kennel agreed to give us this little rascal. He had 2 brothers and one sister. We are friends with one great family who took one of the other boys. King was the craziest and the most energetic, the pick of the litter as my husband wants to believe. He was the only one whose ears were up from the very early age. We consider him as being rescued. He never worked for food, many dogs from his kennel are working as K9 ones, risking their lives every day :cry:
0''.jpg 0'''.jpg IMG_2790 (3).JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results