carat
color
clarity

Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I am so very sorry @Spring Day, losing a furbaby is just awful. You did all you could. I'm sending you comfort and hugs as you make you way through these next few weeks, I know they are really tough.

Thank you. He was supposed to come home today but they haven’t called us to pick him up. We still want to know what happened because there were still test results they had sent out that we didn’t receive yet before his death. But ever since they found out he died, they won’t return our calls or emails. This is such a hard time and on top of that dealing with these incompetent vets... it’s been hard.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3 of my cats are from the Nine Lives Foundation in Redwood city.

Musia - our Gretta and Garett were also from Nine Lives! Thirteen years ago now - shortly before they moved. Such a small world. Dr. Thompson was wonderful.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like he is showing improvement at 2 doses in but am trying to be realistic about correlation v causation, because dry fip has good days and bad days- even without meds (unfortunately I had two fosters with dry fip that died before this drug was an option a year ago, so I do know that too). I am tracking each day with a picture and thoughts on Instagram. It helps me to justify causing pain and maybe will help someone else by knowing what to expect or by him becoming a success with the drug. I don't write in journals, so putting a post up a day about Rachi is the plan.

No words @elizat. Definitely no good words. But ::HUGS:: from me and Ren and Alyssum :(sad

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Musia - our Gretta and Garett were also from Nine Lives! Thirteen years ago now - shortly before they moved. Such a small world. Dr. Thompson was wonderful.

They moved recently again, same city but different facility. They have Dr. Rudiger now and she is fantastic. My daughter used to volunteer for them. We adopted 4 cats from them, but one passed away young. She was the last surviving girl from her litter of 6, all calicos, the only boy has survived and he is ours. My daughter was active in TNR program (trap, neuter, release). She got both mom and dad of those kitties spayed/neutered, we believe they were a product of inbreeding and all girls had genetic problems.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They moved recently again, same city but different facility. They have Dr. Rudiger now and she is fantastic. My daughter used to volunteer for them. We adopted 4 cats from them, but one passed away young. She was the last surviving girl from her litter of 6, all calicos, the only boy has survived and he is ours. My daughter was active in TNR program (trap, neuter, release). She got both mom and dad of those kitties spayed/neutered, we believe they were a product of inbreeding and all girls had genetic problems.

Dr Rudiger is still there!? She is Dr Thompson - she got married and changed her name!
I’m sorry about your girl and her sisters the TNR is desperately needed out there. Our Mina is one of three Redwood City street cats we wound up with. Thank you to your daughter for her work!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Dr Rudiger is still there!? She is Dr Thompson

Great to know! I believe she is the founder, right? My daughter found a mom and newborn kittens in her FIL's backyard. They were born on my son's birthday! She brought them together to Dr. Rudiger a few days later. Mom was feral so it took some time and effort to trap her, Dr. Rudiger provided the trap that time but later my daughter bought her own and succeeded in spaying/neutering almost all feral cats in that area (San Jose, streets with numbers like 8th Street, 9th Street, there are many strays and ferals...). The mom was scared and refused to feed babies, she was spayed and released and my daughter fed her till she and her husband moved out. The girls were dying one after another, one of them had died while being in the backyard, the next was dead a few days later. They had been fostered by a very experienced person but no amount of great care and love she provided has kept them alive. So by the time they were ready to go back to the NLF, only one girl and one boy remained. They got a crate 0.jpg 0'.jpg 0''.jpg 1.jpg 4.jpg 5'.jpg 6.jpg 6'.jpg 7.jpg 8'.jpg 2'.jpg mate, a sweet tabby boy and ended up being adopted by my daughter and living with us, all three of them. The father of the two kitties who survived got trapped by my daughter almost one year later after they were born, he was very smart and careful. There was a neighbor who took care of the previous litter and she said that the father was actually a son of the mom also. But the lady's kitties who are also calicos and tuxedos didn't have any health problems. She and her husband had built a big shed for them in their backyard, all were S/N of course. After the calico girl passed away at the age of 10 months, I wasn't able to wait for another one from Dr. Rudiger, so my daughter got a calico kitty from San Jose Animal Shelter 3 days later. She has one other kitty from NLF now, they are not allowed by landlord to have more than 1 cat at their apartment.

P.S. The daughter's FIL adopted 2 stray cats she had trapped and neutered and he continues feeding the ferals on his porch. Sorry for writing so many words, I always wanted to write a book about that calico baby.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
My fur babies.

Bella
IMG_1331.JPG

Eik pronounced Ike

IMG_1451.JPG

Bogie
IMG_1448.JPG

Wow :-o!!! I am a GSD puppyhood survival and I admire your household full of such doggies. Some people can manage several of them, not me :cry: but I will try later (we are renting, no more that one GSD allowed :lol::lol::lol: ) Mine is of W. German line, daddy was imported and mommy was the first generation born in the US. King just turned 6 years o. on July 16th, his weigh is around 115lbs, a very big boy. You have such a gorgeous babies! 0'.jpg 0.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is a minx.

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 5.24.08 AM.png

All dressed up with no place to go. Pink lips, pink toes and oh so pretty in black and white.
But don't let her innocent pretty face fool you.

Just seconds before she was going after Tommy. Our sweet Tommy. Who is sweet through and through.

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 5.46.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 5.45.37 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 5.44.10 AM.png

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is a minx.

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 5.24.08 AM.png

All dressed up with no place to go. Pink lips, pink toes and oh so pretty in black and white.
But don't let her innocent pretty face fool you.

Just seconds before she was going after Tommy. Our sweet Tommy. Who is sweet through and through.

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 5.46.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 5.45.37 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 5.44.10 AM.png

I love these pictures! :lol::kiss2:

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Our 13 y.o. Moshka, he has a PTSD after his BFF, our first GSD, died in 2013. Lonely kitty, he spends his nights alone in our spare bedroom and he spends his days with Sasiko-chan (tortie kitty), Dada (my husband) and King (6y.o. GSD) in our Master bedroom. He can't be around our 3 other kitties, unfortunately. IMG_2337 (2).JPG

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My next door neighbor’s furbaby “S’mores” is an escape artist and constantly comes over to our yard. He came over again today because the neighbors left for the day to get their house cleaned. I managed to lure S'mores into my dog’s crate....so he is now spending time here until the neighbors get home! Such a sweetie, and totally domesticated. 6CC9DF75-7759-45CD-8B6C-DF4857F4C87B.jpeg D3884143-4262-4AFC-8FBC-1A2A9C719A6E.jpeg 8A53650C-C16B-4A0A-AF34-8F69419CBA84.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My next door neighbor’s furbaby “S’mores” is an escape artist and constantly comes over to our yard. He came over again today because the neighbors left for the day to get their house cleaned. I managed to lure S'mores into my dog’s crate....so he is now spending time here until the neighbors get home! Such a sweetie, and totally domesticated. 6CC9DF75-7759-45CD-8B6C-DF4857F4C87B.jpeg D3884143-4262-4AFC-8FBC-1A2A9C719A6E.jpeg 8A53650C-C16B-4A0A-AF34-8F69419CBA84.jpeg

He is adorable, Lops are my favorite, so sweet and very affectionate, love that name too!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Look Dear, someone still wants to get in your pants" :lol:

IMG_9149.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Knew what you were eating and came right over! I would too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow :-o!!! I am a GSD puppyhood survival and I admire your household full of such doggies. Some people can manage several of them, not me :cry: but I will try later (we are renting, no more that one GSD allowed :lol::lol::lol: ) Mine is of W. German line, daddy was imported and mommy was the first generation born in the US. King just turned 6 years o. on July 16th, his weigh is around 115lbs, a very big boy. You have such a gorgeous babies! 0'.jpg 0.jpg

Looks like little red ridinghod's grandma ;)2
Beautiful

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When we remodeled the master bath, I asked for a walk-in shower big enough for one human and 3 cats to be in there together. I remember the look they exchanged ("We got us a crazy one here."). Crazy one is correct, but it isn't me.

Atticus shower tongue.jpg Atticus shower mouth.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When we remodeled the master bath, I asked for a walk-in shower big enough for one human and 3 cats to be in there together. I remember the look they exchanged ("We got us a crazy one here."). Crazy one is correct, but it isn't me.

Atticus shower tongue.jpg Atticus shower mouth.jpg

OMG this is so freaking cute. :love:

@Matata I cannot tell you how much easier our life would be right now if our cats liked taking showers.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like it’s judging me, but it turned out to be friendly.

You were judged. The cat found you tolerable for a human :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results