color
clarity

Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Garett has small cell lymphoma in his small intestine and colon. He also has severe inflammation in the colon. They found bacteria as well - this is apparently quite uncommon.

Immediate treatments are prednisone, antibiotics, and chemo.
Once the acute issues are stabilized, long-term treatments are likely to include continued antibiotics and chemo. There's no curing this, but effective treatment should keep him comfortable and happy.

Median survival is 18 months. 2+ years is not uncommon.
He's 13 right now, so 2+ years puts him at - well, very senior.

We'll just have to wait and see how he does with his first round of meds.

Sending you and Garett bucketloads of healing dust. Fingers crossed he does well. Hugs to you both.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My entire year was made last night when my problem child Maliik -- who has never bonded with me after nearly 11 yrs -- slept next to me and maintained contact all night. He's always slept on the bed with me but never within touching distance. This is huge. I was in shock, tears, and fist pumping all at once. I stayed in one position all night in fear that I'd ruin the moment if I moved. When he shifted position throughout the night, he always snuggled his back & butt into my side. It may never happen again but last night was enough to last me the rest of my life. Still in shock, still occasionally in tears, and still fist pumping like I won an Olympic gold medal.

Maliik touchy feely.jpg

Aww that’s great @Matata!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I hope he does well with the treatment. An acquaintance of mine has a 14 yr old cat who has been on monthly chemo for lymphoma for 2 years and will shortly go to treatment every 5 weeks. Rafiki had a bumpy road in the beginning until meds, treatment, and diet were stabilized and now she is living without side effects or symptoms. I hope Garett's treatment yields the same success.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, he was very proud of himself! He is the sweeter of the pair we have, the other one is named Jack but I should have named him Jaws!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Garett has small cell lymphoma in his small intestine and colon. He also has severe inflammation in the colon. They found bacteria as well - this is apparently quite uncommon.

Immediate treatments are prednisone, antibiotics, and chemo.
Once the acute issues are stabilized, long-term treatments are likely to include continued antibiotics and chemo. There's no curing this, but effective treatment should keep him comfortable and happy.

Median survival is 18 months. 2+ years is not uncommon.
He's 13 right now, so 2+ years puts him at - well, very senior.

I hope Garett responds well to the treatment. Sending healing dust his way!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 5.50.18 AM.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Long overdue here ::)

Three weeks ago the other half and I picked up two bonded kittens.

If these girls look familiar it's because they're two of @elizat 's last litter of fosters!! Alyssum is the bright calico and Ren has the more muted coat.

They were both ~2lb, 10oz when they came home, and now they're a full pound heavier. They've learnt to navigate their new world with four adult cats, who really want nothing to do with them, and two 75lb dogs - who desperately want to play with them; they're not nearly as keen on whatever games the dogs have in mind :bigsmile:

Alyssum is the courageous explorer, and where she goes her sister will eventually follow. Ren - Ren can sleep anywhere. I'm thoroughly envious of this ability! She's gotten much better about starting that sleeping thing in a horizontal position :bigsmile:

Two of @elizat's photos from March 23, from this thread actually! Alyssum (top) and Ren (bottom) as heart-melting infants ❤

1591765556170.png

1591770954118.png

Their adoption photos from @elizat (she takes amazing animal photos!!) - Ren, then Alyssum.

SM_RADO.png

1591768327658.png

Saying bye to @elizat at the vet ❤ Ren taking a nap...

SM994.png

On their way home. They had a crate sized for a 100lb+ dog. But squished all the way to the front beside the litterbox was Just The Place To Be.

SM995.png

First few nights in the guest bedroom. We'd planned to keep them here for two weeks to acclimate... By day three they were bolting out the door the moment it opened. @elizat's mother knits these darling little play blankets - Ren's pretty possessive of theirs, and Alyssum getting it to herself is a bit of a rarity!

SM993.png

Going to have to start dissuading her from this particular preference at some point... :halo:

SM992.png

SM996.png

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Getting used to their new house and housemates... That black bench is their absolute favourite perch - doesn't matter where in the room it happens to be. It used to be mine. I don't even ask to share it any more :shifty:

SMALL_MAGGIE.png

SMALL_M.png

SM_3.png

SM12.png

SMALL_JUMP.png

SMS111.png

SMALL_SLEEP.png

SM_2.png

SMALLSOP1.png

SM_33.png

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some might remember that we recently lost one of our babies - Gretta. She was the group mother - she always had a snuggle and a groom for all the other cats.

These two are not Gretta. They're both much more intelligent and much more adventurous than Gretta ever was ::) But sometimes they'll do little things - like snuggle into my neck at night, curl up just so in the sun - that Gretta always did, and that none of our other cats do, and I feel like my heart stops for a moment.

Then there are moments like this that... Are unexpected :bigsmile: Same doggy water bowl. Gretta was 8lbs at this point and barely fit. Alyssum has room to spare :))

ALYSSUM.png

IMG_6264.JPG

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie mazel tov! Beautiful babies with a bright future ahead! So glad for you and your furry crew and continued healing dust being sent to Garett.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@yssie I have not seen some of those photos. Really great ones! I have been off her for just under a week, so didn't know about your boy. Not the dx was hoping you'd receive.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Getting used to their new house and housemates... That black bench is their absolute favourite perch - doesn't matter where in the room it happens to be. It used to be mine. I don't even ask to share it any more :shifty:

SMALL_MAGGIE.png

SMALL_M.png

SM_3.png

SM12.png

SMALL_JUMP.png

SMS111.png

SMALL_SLEEP.png

SM_2.png

SMALLSOP1.png

SM_33.png

Adorable overload! Thank you for brightening my day!

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Long overdue here ::)

Three weeks ago the other half and I picked up two bonded kittens.

If these girls look familiar it's because they're two of @elizat 's last litter of fosters!! Alyssum is the bright calico and Ren has the more muted coat.

They were both ~2lb, 10oz when they came home, and now they're a full pound heavier. They've learnt to navigate their new world with four adult cats, who really want nothing to do with them, and two 75lb dogs - who desperately want to play with them; they're not nearly as keen on whatever games the dogs have in mind :bigsmile:

Alyssum is the courageous explorer, and where she goes her sister will eventually follow. Ren - Ren can sleep anywhere. I'm thoroughly envious of this ability! She's gotten much better about starting that sleeping thing in a horizontal position :bigsmile:

Two of @elizat's photos from March 23, from this thread actually! Alyssum (top) and Ren (bottom) as heart-melting infants ❤

1591765556170.png

1591770954118.png

Their adoption photos from @elizat (she takes amazing animal photos!!) - Ren, then Alyssum.

SM_RADO.png

1591768327658.png

Saying bye to @elizat at the vet ❤ Ren taking a nap...

SM994.png

On their way home. They had a crate sized for a 100lb+ dog. But squished all the way to the front beside the litterbox was Just The Place To Be.

SM995.png

First few nights in the guest bedroom. We'd planned to keep them here for two weeks to acclimate... By day three they were bolting out the door the moment it opened. @elizat's mother knits these darling little play blankets - Ren's pretty possessive of theirs, and Alyssum getting it to herself is a bit of a rarity!

SM993.png

Going to have to start dissuading her from this particular preference at some point... :halo:

SM992.png

SM996.png

OMG double cuteness

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few new pics to share:

You know I had to post another Dexter sleeping pic!
IMG_8629.JPG

If you look closely there is a bumble bee, would not leave Merlin alone!
IMG_8631.JPG

Tucker illustrates how I feel waiting for dessert to arrive!

How much longer....
IMG_8637.JPG

He's back! Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!
IMG_8639.JPG

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@maryjane04, oh my goodness she is adorable! My neighbors have one too, same coloring and everything, she is a big girl but so sweet!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
@maryjane04, oh my goodness she is adorable! My neighbors have one too, same coloring and everything, she is a big girl but so sweet!

Omg how lucky are you? This breed is very rare and you have one right next door! I used to own one 9 years back and throughout that whole time only saw 1 other neapolitan mastiff. This is the most common colour but it's just beautiful and she feels like velvet!

They are a very chilled and sweet breed (but can be stubborn). I just love her so much! :kiss2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg how lucky are you? This breed is very rare and you have one right next door! I used to own one 9 years back and throughout that whole time only saw 1 other neapolitan mastiff. This is the most common colour but it's just beautiful and she feels like velvet!

They are a very chilled and sweet breed (but can be stubborn). I just love her so much! :kiss2:

Our neighborhood is very unique with dogs. We have the mastiff across the street then two doors down is a bull terrier (like the Target dog) which you never see AND there are two more bull terriers around the corner. Then next door to them is (I believe) a Maremmano sheepdog!

My neighbor's mastiff is like her shadow, it is really cute to watch, I'm sure she will be your best friend ;-)

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Our neighborhood is very unique with dogs. We have the mastiff across the street then two doors down is a bull terrier (like the Target dog) which you never see AND there are two more bull terriers around the corner. Then next door to them is (I believe) a Maremmano sheepdog!

My neighbor's mastiff is like her shadow, it is really cute to watch, I'm sure she will be your best friend ;-)

Aww that sounds like an awesome neighbourhood. We don't see many mastiffs either.
My old dog was definitely my shadow. This new pup will find her way but I think she pretty independent so far. Since my old dog passed away a few years ago, the grief was unreal. I didn't think I could get another dog to be honest cause it broke my heart. But I am so happy that I did, I can still remember my old dog and make new memories with my new puppy. Nothing can replace what's lost though.

My lovely friend at Cartoonmeartworks on Instagram made this portrait for me. My heart is complete <3

thumbnail_Jane,_Hades,_And_HeraJPEG.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is Samson. One of our (many) Ferals. Well fed and healthy. ❤️

BFC7FA99-0346-48D9-8565-DE2875F552AF.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gracie is growing.
EA076F50-493A-42D4-9053-5093767A4474.jpeg
Those whiskers. Those paws. ❤️

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our two new pint-sized wretched have figured out they’re small enough to fit under closed doors.

One of the guest bedrooms is mine. And it’s a fur free zone. I keep jewellery, clothes, shoes, cables, electronics all lying out, safe because it’s also a paws and teeth free zone.

Heard a noise in MY bedroom. Opened the door.
Kittens are sleeping angelically on my dark blue, dry clean only skirt. One must have squeaked in her sleep.
The dresser... mayhem. They apparently had a party and tired themselves out. Earrings and loose stones and chapsticks and cotton balls and thread spools and pens everywhere. Only one broken chain that I can see :???:

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our two new pint-sized wretched have figured out they’re small enough to fit under closed doors.

One of the guest bedrooms is mine. And it’s a fur free zone. I keep jewellery, clothes, shoes, cables, electronics all lying out, safe because it’s also a paws and teeth free zone.

Kittens are sleeping angelically on my dark blue, dry clean only skirt. One must have squeaked in her sleep.
The dresser... mayhem. They apparently had a party and tired themselves out. Earrings and loose stones and chapsticks and cotton balls and thread spools and pens everywhere. Only one broken chain that I can see :???:

:shock: I Hope they didn't eat anything!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

No doubt they looked so angelic in their sleep that all you could do was pet them as though they did good. I may or may not be describing my personal experience. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results