color
clarity

Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Our cat Garett had an abdominal ultrasound yesterday.
Just heard back from the vet a few minutes ago. Pancreatitis, enlarged nodules, inflammation. Possibly cancer.

We just lost his sister Gretta in February. And Jeffey in January. Alex’s cancer is in remission thank god.

Dust that biopsy is clean. Please. Can’t lose another furbaby.

Oh, no......I'm so, so sorry. For all of it. Sending dust.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie well, that’s a blessing! I hope the vet is able to get it sorted out, and Garett continues to be his old self.

Q

Queenie60

Other than inconsistent litterbox use he seems perfectly happy and healthy! Eating, playing, purring, snuggling... It's shocking. We took him in for a checkup because his #2 was more liquid than usual... We expected to hear "he's got a kitty cold". Maybe pancreatitis, because he's had that before. The only other thing of note is gradual weight loss - a pound over the last two months. Bloodwork came back clean, so the vet said "let's do an abdominal ultrasound", and - here we are. I don't know how his bloodwork was clean when there's apparently so much wrong! :(sad We trust our vet completely, I'm sure they double-checked everything ;(

I'm starting to think we should just take them all in for X-rays and ultrasounds once a year. Preemptively.

Hoping your fur baby is ok. Sending good thoughts your way.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie sending continued healing dust and good vibes to your furry kid and hoping all will be OK.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry about kitty @yssie It hurts me to no end that they don't display pain and discomfort until it is often times far too late to do anything. Sending good wishes and vibes!

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
We have Ronan who is a Labbish ( he was from a rescue, so not sure how much lab he is). He brays like a hound with all the extended notes and is 3 yrs old.
Finnbar and Bailey our 6 and 1/2 yr old boy kitty siblings.
Then there's Molly( aka Molly Mae, aka Molly Mayhem). Molly is 3 and a half. IMG_20190510_153445655.jpg IMG_20200312_122338095.jpg IMG_20200215_110848877.jpg

Finnbar and Bailey are are pure mush maturity, sweet as sugar Ronan and Molly are just as sweet, they just have an overriding case of " Terminator".
Love them to bits.

Attachments

• IMG_20200425_121548692.jpg
    IMG_20200425_121548692.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 68

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
We have Ronan who is a Labbish ( he was from a rescue, so not sure how much lab he is). He brays like a hound with all the extended notes and is 3 yrs old.
Finnbar and Bailey our 6 and 1/2 yr old boy kitty siblings.
Then there's Molly( aka Molly Mae, aka Molly Mayhem). Molly is 3 and a half. IMG_20190510_153445655.jpg IMG_20200312_122338095.jpg IMG_20200215_110848877.jpg

Finnbar and Bailey are are pure mush maturity, sweet as sugar Ronan and Molly are just as sweet, they just have an overriding case of " Terminator".
Love them to bits.

Whoops, the last attachment isn't a pet in the classical sense, kinda of sort of

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A rare sighting. All 4 in one picture frame.

F748AEFF-89F7-407D-B838-6C502FD1BA5D.jpeg
#findbobbytommyoliverandgracie aka #findwaldo

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
77CDE289-BECF-4D9D-811A-9F5326492A46.jpeg B5C39DF4-333B-45D4-9A7C-5E7ECA98FF33.jpeg

Not quite furry but I purchased 6 chicks recently to add to my existing flock. They’re so cute and goofy. I also purchased 24 hatching eggs that are currently in my incubator. I clearly like chickens. I’m hoping to add quails and ducks to my wannabe homestead this year too.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I was this beautiful!

IMG_20200603_173338.jpg

We often joke and call her face: the face that launched a thousand daddies

My husband adores her and always refers to her as "darling" or "my best girl"

With me he's all: Baaaaabe

With her it's all soft tones: Helloooo darling

Lucky I'm not the jealous type :lol:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our house is so strange sometimes:

She would stay like this all day
IMG_8567.JPG

Completely unfazed
IMG_8577.JPG

Whenever someone is in the bathroom
IMG_8613.JPG

I walked into the dining room and Mr. Gray decided to visit
IMG_8612.JPG

What is it about the dog crate?
IMG_8574.JPG

Dexter seems to enjoy it
IMG_8609.JPG

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our cat Garett had an abdominal ultrasound yesterday.
Just heard back from the vet a few minutes ago. Pancreatitis, enlarged nodules, inflammation. Possibly cancer.

We just lost his sister Gretta in February. And Jeffey in January. Alex’s cancer is in remission thank god.

Dust that biopsy is clean. Please. Can’t lose another furbaby.

Garett has small cell lymphoma in his small intestine and colon. He also has severe inflammation in the colon. They found bacteria as well - this is apparently quite uncommon.

Immediate treatments are prednisone, antibiotics, and chemo.
Once the acute issues are stabilized, long-term treatments are likely to include continued antibiotics and chemo. There's no curing this, but effective treatment should keep him comfortable and happy.

Median survival is 18 months. 2+ years is not uncommon.
He's 13 right now, so 2+ years puts him at - well, very senior.

We'll just have to wait and see how he does with his first round of meds.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Garett has small cell lymphoma in his small intestine and colon. He also has severe inflammation in the colon. They found bacteria as well - this is apparently quite uncommon.

Immediate treatments are prednisone, antibiotics, and chemo.
Once the acute issues are stabilized, long-term treatments are likely to include continued antibiotics and chemo. There's no curing this, but effective treatment should keep him comfortable and happy.

Median survival is 18 months. 2+ years is not uncommon.
He's 13 right now, so 2+ years puts him at - well, very senior.

We'll just have to wait and see how he does with his first round of meds.

Sending healing dust to your sweet boy.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I'll keep everyone posted ❤

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't know where to post this, but I've been looking at these pictures all day - fascinating!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My entire year was made last night when my problem child Maliik -- who has never bonded with me after nearly 11 yrs -- slept next to me and maintained contact all night. He's always slept on the bed with me but never within touching distance. This is huge. I was in shock, tears, and fist pumping all at once. I stayed in one position all night in fear that I'd ruin the moment if I moved. When he shifted position throughout the night, he always snuggled his back & butt into my side. It may never happen again but last night was enough to last me the rest of my life. Still in shock, still occasionally in tears, and still fist pumping like I won an Olympic gold medal.

Maliik touchy feely.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results