color
clarity

Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy they really do look like brothers! Shales ears are white though which is often hard to tell from the pics I post. And it looks like Oliver’s are orange. Good to know we won’t accidentally go home with each other’s cats if we bring them to a Bling and Fur hangout lol

:lol:

I will leave that to you as I am just ditzy enough to make that mistake. :cheeky:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am experiencing withdrawal symptoms from the lack of pics in this thread!

Kitty always takes a shower after walking excursions to help remove bits of sticks and leaves stuck to his fur, and also wash off those dirty brown paws back to their pristine white colour.

IMG_8069[1].JPG

IMG_8070[1].JPG

They looks so big until they are wet! So cute!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love having jewelry photo shoots with shale!
146ACF32-D32A-4041-9917-8591F1F0E58A.jpeg 8D78AA77-D2A5-416F-9AB1-704BB246CB6D.jpeg 182EA9A1-7D54-46AD-9038-72D19D7D6B90.jpeg

Oh my gosh I love it. Shale is not only sweet and loving but he loves the bling. He's the purrrrrrfect kitty. :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3DBF322E-EC46-4FAC-A7B4-C9C1A8F974EF.jpeg
As soon as I get out of bed, someone jumps in and gets a little too comfortable!

Aww what a handsome baby and he knows the best place to snuggle with his momma. He's not just another pretty face, he's smart too.:appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Working from home takes on a whole new meaning with furry babies.
:lol:

4D8065F3-707B-4A9F-9057-20B6DFCDE706.jpeg 5B8BEE1B-255E-45B1-AB31-857B34731205.jpeg

7DF98994-9DED-493F-96C2-1DFFDECAC395.jpeg

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Serious question.

4 cats is a lot already. We have 4 inside cats. We have Matt's mean as sin cat that lives on our screened in patio as well. He can't come inside. He pees and poops on everything. There is nothing medically wrong. We've gone down that rabbit hole.

I am dangerously close to foster failing and keeping Sriracha. He is the best. I had an application come in for him and I just started crying and couldn't stop. I don't do that. I cry at every adoption and I miss them all, but I don't cry when I just think about them leaving. But isn't it selfish to keep him? And 5 cats is too many, right? What to do? I'm going to tag @missy for this in particular.

IMG_20200423_123436_1.jpg

IMG_20200421_174238.jpg IMG_20200421_172931.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Serious question.

4 cats is a lot already. We have 4 inside cats. We have Matt's mean as sin cat that lives on our screened in patio as well. He can't come inside. He pees and poops on everything. There is nothing medically wrong. We've gone down that rabbit hole.

I am dangerously close to foster failing and keeping Sriracha. He is the best. I had an application come in for him and I just started crying and couldn't stop. I don't do that. I cry at every adoption and I miss them all, but I don't cry when I just think about them leaving. But isn't it selfish to keep him? And 5 cats is too many, right? What to do? I'm going to tag @missy for this in particular.

Oh I might be the wrong one to ask. But if this cat is your soulmate cat or one of your soulmate cats please let this be a failed foster. Maybe he is meant to be yours. I say that completely seriously. Yes 5 cats are a lot but it isn't much more than 4. If a cat came along that we just fell in love with and we knew we could provide a good home for him I would do it in a heartbeat. Yes after a lot of angst and discussions with my dh but yes we would so I have to say if your heart tells you he is meant to be yours I say go for it. That is one lucky cat and one lucky you too. Wishing you all the best in this decision @elizat !!!

He is a beauty! :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know @elizat It is a difficult decision. Maybe let Sriracha decide when he / she (?) meets the potential new parents?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I don't know @elizat It is a difficult decision. Maybe let Sriracha decide when he / she (?) meets the potential new parents?

Thanks. I declined the app. She wanted a single. He's 6 months and needs a buddy. He plays with the others constantly. He's a super active guy. When he had to be isolated after surgery he ripped out three claws due to frustration. Some are ok as an only- but not him. I encouraged her to look at a cat that can be adopted solo.

It's hard with covid too. We are doing meet and greets by zoom. The cat really doesn't get to meet the people at all this way.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Oh I might be the wrong one to ask. But if this cat is your soulmate cat or one of your soulmate cats please let this be a failed foster. Maybe he is meant to be yours. I say that completely seriously. Yes 5 cats are a lot but it isn't much more than 4. If a cat came along that we just fell in love with and we knew we could provide a good home for him I would do it in a heartbeat. Yes after a lot of angst and discussions with my dh but yes we would so I have to say if your heart tells you he is meant to be yours I say go for it. That is one lucky cat and one lucky you too. Wishing you all the best in this decision @elizat !!!

He is a beauty! :love:

Thanks. ❤️ Matt says whatever I decide. I know it's a lot of pets! And he would make someone really happy. I think I need to think about it more. If it was a truly great home, I would miss him so much, but I would know he's happy. It's hard.

I have no emotional attachment to any of the five kittens in my kitten room now. Or to mama.

When I say no attachment, it means I care about them all, I think they are wonderful, but I can shed tears and say goodbye. I know they belong elsewhere. I'm their training wheels while they wait for a family. I will make sure they get great homes and cry when we say goodbye, but that's the goal.

More thinking is required...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks. ❤ Matt says whatever I decide. I know it's a lot of pets! And he would make someone really happy. I think I need to think about it more. If it was a truly great home, I would miss him so much, but I would know he's happy. It's hard.

I have no emotional attachment to any of the five kittens in my kitten room now. Or to mama.

When I say no attachment, it means I care about them all, I think they are wonderful, but I can shed tears and say goodbye. I know they belong elsewhere. I'm their training wheels while they wait for a family. I will make sure they get great homes and cry when we say goodbye, but that's the goal.

More thinking is required...

Take your time. But when you wrote you have no emotional attachment to any of the other kitties but you do to Sriracha and you will be so sad to see him go that tells me a lot. "I had an application come in for him and I just started crying and couldn't stop. I don't do that. I cry at every adoption and I miss them all, but I don't cry when I just think about them leaving" That resonates with me. And I know if you found him a good home you would feel better about it. But think about it and make sure you won't feel devastated to let someone else adopt him.

And to answer your question "isn't it selfish to keep him?" No I don't think it is at all. There are plenty of cats who need good homes so if you keep Sriracha that just frees up a home/family who would have adopted him and instead now they can adopt another rescue. It is a win win. We need all the homes possible who are willing to adopt because there are way more cats than families willing to adopt.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The old pup did a wet poop before bed so now it's my turn to sleep on the couch downstairs so I can let her out.

Hubby took the bullet last time we crated her and had to clean up a crate full of poop.

Pets. Who would have them!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i need some advice
today i finally got some Ilams urinary track health cat buscuits that Tibby actually likes :appl: he loves biscuits but i had to stop giving him Borris' biscuits becsuse he had willy trouble and he hated the Purina urinary track health ones available at the supermarket - stray cats turned their nose up at that one !

He's now sleeping inside and is not the hungry bag of bones he was a year ago
but he was a hungry boy for too long and i think like @missy 's Ollie he will eat till the plate is clean and still want more

Tinky used to be happy so long as there was always some food on his plate and he would snack but not pig out
Tibby is big boned but he's getting a bit of a gut
he's otherwise a typical NZ cat spending most of his day outside but free to come and go into the house as he wants- but while its still warm they enjoy being outside in the sun sleeping and occasionally running around like lunatics
they get mid range supermarket food, i serve them sachets or tinned wet food and Tibby gets a thin slice of cat roll at lunch and bedtime
Borris has biscuits out all the time on a shelf where Tibby can't get them but now i have biscuits for him again i can't remember how much Tinky - who was also a large active outdoorsy male - used to eat
if they get human food like chicken or mince i do take that into account and its not extra - its instead of their normal cat food that night
but with dear Tibby im having trouble with portion control

i think Tinky used to have 3 sachets a day, Borris bearly eats 2 most days and enjoys her biscuits when she feels snacky, but Tibby would eat about 6 sachets if he had his way ...

i think he still has food security issues and honestly after the troubled ive had with grocery shopping during the covid 19 lock down i can certainly empathise with him

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Serious question.

look at the face :kiss2:
he is home already

is he called after the hot sauce ?

i had 90% intention of taking Tibby to the Spca- he was a wild stray/ feral and i thought well ill get him friendly and fed up and then he will be easy to adopt because he is a very pretty tabby with beautiful big eyes and lovelly dark stripes

but the way he looks at me and the hugs he gives me im his mommy now

elizat

Ideal_Rock
look at the face :kiss2:
he is home already

is he called after the hot sauce ?

i had 90% intention of taking Tibby to the Spca- he was a wild stray/ feral and i thought well ill get him friendly and fed up and then he will be easy to adopt because he is a very pretty tabby with beautiful big eyes and lovelly dark stripes

but the way he looks at me and the hugs he gives me im his mommy now

Yes he is called after that! I named his whole litter after hot sauces. I also has Texas Pete, Cholula and harissa.

We had to go to the vet on Saturday for a follow-up because he had a bladder infection after his neuter surgery. We had done two rounds of clavamox and it didn't work.

They did a urinalysis and x-rays and it turns out that he is just genetically predisposed to developing stones and crystals. He already has crystals in his urine. He is super young for that. He is on new meds and has to get a recheck in 6 weeks and another round of x-rays. He will need to be on prescription food for the rest of his life. That will make him harder to adopt out, simply because a lot of people do not want a cat that has medical issues, even a special RX food, because he is also at risk for developing blockages and needing emergency surgery. He's also going to be a cat that needs to have x-rays at least once a year, so there is additional expense some people won't want. So he's going to be on medical hold for at least another 2 to 3 months and that will make it easier for us to decide after.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes he is called after that! I named his whole litter after hot sauces. I also has Texas Pete, Cholula and harissa.

We had to go to the vet on Saturday for a follow-up because he had a bladder infection after his neuter surgery. We had done two rounds of clavamox and it didn't work.

They did a urinalysis and x-rays and it turns out that he is just genetically predisposed to developing stones and crystals. He already has crystals in his urine. He is super young for that. He is on new meds and has to get a recheck in 6 weeks and another round of x-rays. He will need to be on prescription food for the rest of his life. That will make him harder to adopt out, simply because a lot of people do not want a cat that has medical issues, even a special RX food, because he is also at risk for developing blockages and needing emergency surgery. He's also going to be a cat that needs to have x-rays at least once a year, so there is additional expense some people won't want. So he's going to be on medical hold for at least another 2 to 3 months and that will make it easier for us to decide after.

I am sorry he has this issue and I hope this further clarifies the debate whether or not to adopt him as your own. I am with @Daisys and Diamonds and it sounds as if he is already yours. I know you know that you can give him the best life possible especially now given his special medical condition. Many people just aren't motivated or equipped to give a cat with medical issues the care he needs. Sad but too true. It's the reason we adopted Oliver and the reason we adopted Fred and Bobby before him.

All this to say I hope the choice becomes clear to you and I hope this sweet kitty does well with the medical care and thrives.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of special needs kitties.

Oliver with Bobby in the background.

Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 8.17.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 8.16.46 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 8.16.32 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 8.16.16 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say, save Sriracha :) But I'm not a cat person, so I'll let other, more knowledgeable catfolk chime in.

Pumpkin being a goofball earlier this month...at a park near my house. Don't worry, we both are distancing as much as we can :)
20200407_180827.jpg

Looks like the perfect place for social distancing. How peaceful and beautiful. Love Pumpkin.:love:

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry he has this issue and I hope this further clarifies the debate whether or not to adopt him as your own. I am with @Daisys and Diamonds and it sounds as if he is already yours. I know you know that you can give him the best life possible especially now given his special medical condition. Many people just aren't motivated or equipped to give a cat with medical issues the care he needs. Sad but too true. It's the reason we adopted Oliver and the reason we adopted Fred and Bobby before him.

All this to say I hope the choice becomes clear to you and I hope this sweet kitty does well with the medical care and thrives.

I know!

When we found that out that made it even more likely we will keep him. I'm going to let the rescue continue to pay the medical bills until we get some better answers at his checkup.

Now, for adopters, I would have to ask awkward questions about people's budgets and ability to pay for care. I always ask do people understand that yearly that care can be over $500 without any issues and things of that nature, but it's going to be really awkward to have to say listen this cat may need to have an emergency 4,0000 to $5,000 surgery at the drop of a hat and are you prepared for that? The only reason I know the cost is because I have a dog with the same exact condition and his surgery was about $3,500 5 years ago. Plus, it would be trusting a stranger to go on their word that they would do the diet because the diet is key. If they don't do the special diet you're going to have a major problem.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know!

When we found that out that made it even more likely we will keep him. I'm going to let the rescue continue to pay the medical bills until we get some better answers at his checkup.

Now, for adopters, I would have to ask awkward questions about people's budgets and ability to pay for care. I always ask do people understand that yearly that care can be over $500 without any issues and things of that nature, but it's going to be really awkward to have to say listen this cat may need to have an emergency 4,0000 to $5,000 surgery at the drop of a hat and are you prepared for that? The only reason I know the cost is because I have a dog with the same exact condition and his surgery was about $3,500 5 years ago. Plus, it would be trusting a stranger to go on their word that they would do the diet because the diet is key. If they don't do the special diet you're going to have a major problem.

Yeah when we adopted Gracie and Oliver we had to answer lots of questions on a written application and one of them was what is the max amount we would be willing to pay for vet care. I answered there is no max amount as long as we have the funds they are family. And we are true to our word having spent let's just say an obscene amount on vet care and testing and meds from July 2019 through December 2019.

But I know we are fortunate we can do that and I do not take it for granted. If it came down to not having funds and letting our furbabies die it would make me want to die. Money for me means nothing if my loved ones are sick and cannot get well. But I know you get that. And I also realize we are fortunate and many people have to make those decisions every day. That is why I always suggest pet health insurance.

We have yet to do it because we were planning to (for Gracie as it was too late to purchase it for Oliver before he got RW) and then Covid 19 happened. So once again we are probably going to be in it for an exorbitant amount of money but definitely I recommend health insurance for all pet owners. I was just too slow to follow my own advice.

Anyway, @elizat I hope this sweet kitten does very well and I know with you as his momma he will have the best life possible. Of that I have zero doubt.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

oh poor baby
he needs a mommy

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sriracha is a seriously gorgeous cat! I’m tempted to keep him and that’s not an even an option I have lol.

Sorry to hear about his health hiccups, hopefully the specialized diet and lots of loving care will keep him happy and healthy for years to come.

Honestly when I found my cat Shale in the state park forest, I had only intended to foster him for a bit. But when I had a friend offer to take him I found myself really sad at the idea of letting him go. So I kept him and she ended up rescuing another cat. Happy endings all around. Part of my brain is still waiting to discover some complex anxiety provoking issue with Shale since I found him in a forest, but so far aside from being really vocal and yelling at me randomly for no clear reason throughout the day, he seems content and healthy.

No joke, when I first brought him home I obsessively read about cats online since I’ve never owned one or been around one regularly. And of course while researching food options came across male cat issues with urinary crystals. And read that one of the symptoms was straining while peeing. But having never owned a cat or knowing what baseline looks like, literally took videos of my cats face while he did his business and sent it to my cat owning friends asking “does he look like he’s straining to you?”. Which led to much laughing and them asking how I managed to turn into the craziest cat lady they knew within 5 days of having a cat.

I am now full blown cat lady. Here’s the new mousepad I ordered ...

4150B660-935A-4A8B-A7BC-0EED208746B4.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of yelling...here are Gracie and Oliver at feeding time this afternoon. You can see why we need to separate them from Tommy and Bobby so we feed them in the playpen. You cannot make this stuff up. :lol: And I swear we are feeding them enough. They are always hungry. And Oliver eats paper and plastic too.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy oh my goodness, they carry on like they haven’t eaten in years!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results