clarity

Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_3886.JPG
This popped up in my facebook memories today, and I immediately started crying. This was Ripley - he was my first dog (as an adult on my own), and he was my soul-mate, heart dog. There wasn't a mean bone in his body and and he had the biggest heart ever - I so wish dogs could live longer than they do. I miss this little guy every day, but today a little more than usual :((

What a handsome and sweet baby. I am so sorry for your loss @violet3. I hope you take comfort in the fact that you gave Ripley a wonderful life filled with love and security. I too wish our fur babies could live longer. (((Hugs))).

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a handsome and sweet baby. I am so sorry for your loss @violet3. I hope you take comfort in the fact that you gave Ripley a wonderful life filled with love and security. I too wish our fur babies could live longer. (((Hugs))).

Thank you - I do take comfort in that - he was the best dog ever and he was SPOILED rotten. That picture was taken after I'd gotten up, taken a shower, and he was still snuggled under the blankets :lol:. I used to have to wake him up and make him go out - that particular picture was at the end of his life, but he was that way since he was born. Just the perfect little boy, and all he wanted to do was be snuggled.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you - I do take comfort in that - he was the best dog ever and he was SPOILED rotten. That picture was taken after I'd gotten up, taken a shower, and he was still snuggled under the blankets :lol:. I used to have to wake him up and make him go out - that particular picture was at the end of his life, but he was that way since he was born. Just the perfect little boy, and all he wanted to do was be snuggled.

Aww I get that. In fact for as spoiled as our fur babies are I still feel they give to us every bit as much if not more than we could ever give to them. Our dear Billy was a special boy and we spoiled him to bits. But still he gave us so much more back. He took a piece of my heart with him when he died and one day I hope I will be reunited with him and all my beloved fur babies who are gone from this earth.

This was taken over 20 years ago. Look at that sweet boy. OMG precious. :kiss2:
Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 9.00.49 AM.png

billysashes.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww I get that. In fact for as spoiled as our fur babies are I still feel they give to us every bit as much if not more than we could ever give to them. Our dear Billy was a special boy and we spoiled him to bits. But still he gave us so much more back. He took a piece of my heart with him when he died and one day I hope I will be reunited with him and all my beloved fur babies who are gone from this earth.

This was taken over 20 years ago. Look at that sweet boy. OMG precious. :kiss2:
Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 9.00.49 AM.png

billysashes.jpg

That kitty looks so happy to just be laying on you! I love snuggly cats - never had one myself, but I used to babysit/housesit for one and her name was Billy too! She acted like a dog, and she came when you called her and was ALWAYS sweet. The one and only cat I ever had was meaner than a hornet :lol-2: - I'd love to try again, but my husband "claims" he's allergic.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, she’s an angora bunny. :P2 She’s had a haircut so not too fluffy here.

Oh! angora - the softest kind right? what are their personalities like? Can they roam free? that is the cutest bunny i've ever seen.

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh! angora - the softest kind right? what are their personalities like? Can they roam free? that is the cutest bunny i've ever seen.

Yes, they are super, super soft and have very sweet personalities. We have two of them. They can roam free if trained well. Ours alternate going out onto the porch but are caged at night (or if it’s not that particular bunny’s turn out).

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, they are super, super soft and have very sweet personalities. We have two of them. They can roam free if trained well. Ours alternate going out onto the porch but are caged at night (or if it’s not that particular bunny’s turn out).
LittleRed, can you share some more photos? I would love to see them! So adorable!

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LittleRed, can you share some more photos? I would love to see them! So adorable!

Sure! They are actually pretty hard to photograph when they’re fully fluffy. They look like furry meatloaves.

Sadly my guy Basil died from his neutering surgery. He was a very friendly and happy bunny. I’m happy to share his pictures!
8FE1254C-9024-4F79-A551-46EBD032665A.jpeg
Curious little guy:
95B27F04-DF4E-438D-AE1F-BF85952D67E3.jpeg

And naughty:
D9CDB9E7-E731-4FA6-8E9F-454F4686334C.jpeg

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is Beatrix having some fun she got her treat.
6F277154-5CCB-43CB-9F3E-B0F371EE7295.jpeg

3EB8EDCA-7CE0-47FE-B407-F1410D839232.jpeg

Beatrix and Tinkerbell when they were babies (and able to be together). I don’t seem to have more pics of her.
7D96238B-972A-47F4-AC9C-7B3D056FAF70.jpeg

Beatrix again.
A166C263-0792-4978-99D2-6E5124C094F2.jpeg

I see I don’t have many pics of their cute faces. Super hard to photograph!!! :lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure! They are actually pretty hard to photograph when they’re fully fluffy. They look like furry meatloaves.

Sadly my guy Basil died from his neutering surgery. He was a very friendly and happy bunny. I’m happy to share his pictures!
8FE1254C-9024-4F79-A551-46EBD032665A.jpeg
Curious little guy:
95B27F04-DF4E-438D-AE1F-BF85952D67E3.jpeg

And naughty:
D9CDB9E7-E731-4FA6-8E9F-454F4686334C.jpeg

Beatrix and Tinkerbell when they were babies (and able to be together). I don’t seem to have more pics of her.

Beatrix again.

I see I don’t have many pics of their cute faces. Super hard to photograph!!! :lol-2:

OMG so precious! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
Thank you for sharing @LittleRed :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That kitty looks so happy to just be laying on you! I love snuggly cats - never had one myself, but I used to babysit/housesit for one and her name was Billy too! She acted like a dog, and she came when you called her and was ALWAYS sweet. The one and only cat I ever had was meaner than a hornet :lol-2: - I'd love to try again, but my husband "claims" he's allergic.

I believe him...so many people are allergic to cats. Both my dh and I are allergic in fact. My dh has been getting allergy shots since the late 90s. He got them weekly for 2 years then once a month and now every other month. It's dedication for sure. I am also pretty allergic but take meds to manage the allergies and also avoidance as in not letting one of the kitties whose saliva I am very allergic to lick me. That kitty senses it because all he ever wants to do is lick my arm and lips lol. Not kidding.:P2

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beatrix again.

So stinking cute!!!

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had a friend who was allergic, she came to house sit for me while I was on honeymoon with my ex. When she moved into her own place sh got cats of her own.

My other friend is allergic but she builds up a tolerance to her own cats. When she comes to visit me her eyes start streaming and she starts sneezing.

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Summary in case you don’t read all here:
Angora rabbits are very high maintenance!

I feel the need to post a bit about angora bunnies should anyone happen by and decide he or she wants a sweet bunny. They are very easy to collect (like jewelry) and are so cute and sweet! However, angora bunnies are very, very high maintenance animals. Their fur needs to be brushed or lightly plucked almost daily and they need to be plucked every 3 months or shaved more often. They can not throw up hair balls. They will eat their fur which is why maintenance is crucial. Otherwise they could die from wool block.

Beatrix and Tinkerbell wanted me to post this public bunny announcement. ;)2

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just love looking at all the fur babies, thank you for sharing!!

Here's ours, Jack is 14, & a sweet old guy:
IMG_1266.jpeg
One of his favorite spots, on top of the couch, he watches out the big window:
IMG_1589.jpeg
When I pull into the driveway, I wait a second before pulling into the garage to watch that little face pop up in the window!:lol:
IMG_0515.jpeg
And another nice pic of him:
IMG_1323.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG another wonderful cycling adventure today with many furbaby sightings. My most favorite of the day is sweet Bobo. He is Bobolicious and I am in love :kiss2:

Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 3.40.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 3.40.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 3.41.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 3.41.48 PM.png

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG another wonderful cycling adventure today with many furbaby sightings. My most favorite of the day is sweet Bobo. He is Bobolicious and I am in love :kiss2:

My word, is Bobo ever a beauty, I especially love his eyeliner!! Missy, do you know what kind of cat he is? His markings are just gorgeous!:love: Thank you for sharing....

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_1266.jpeg
IMG_1589.jpeg
When I pull into the driveway, I wait a second before pulling into the garage to watch that little face pop up in the window!:lol:
IMG_0515.jpeg
IMG_1323.jpeg

What type of dog is Jack - can i guess? A poodle or Lasa mix? He has the sweetest face :love: - and 14! Yay, what a wonderful life for a dog. I would love to come home to that sweet face waiting for me.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My word, is Bobo ever a beauty, I especially love his eyeliner!! Missy, do you know what kind of cat he is? His markings are just gorgeous!:love: Thank you for sharing....

Thanks @sarahb! I knew there would be PSers who would love to see him. He is a real charmer and yes a beauty indeed. He is a Bengal cat according to his lovely owner. She very much enjoyed the spotlight I have to say. She had her photographer friend with her on the boardwalk taking lots and lots of photos of her and Bobo and she was enjoying it more than Bobo I think. Though Bobo loves the attention too.

I was chatting with her and she used to adopt older cats and decided that she wanted a kitten this time. He's about 8 months old now I think. Anyway it was a real thrill for me to meet Bobo. I thought of @Matata and her beautiful Savannah cats. The markings are very different but both breeds very striking and both very intelligent. Bobo looks like a little leopard.:love:

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 6.50.08 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_1266.jpeg
IMG_1589.jpeg
IMG_0515.jpeg
IMG_1323.jpeg

Jack is a beautiful boy!:kiss2: What a sweetheart. Aww to that photo of him looking out the window waiting for his mommy to come home.
Please give him a big gentle hug from me @sarahb :love:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What type of dog is Jack - can i guess? A poodle or Lasa mix? He has the sweetest face :love: - and 14! Yay, what a wonderful life for a dog. I would love to come home to that sweet face waiting for me.

Thank you voilet3--he's called a Daisy Dog, & is a mix of poodle, bichon frise, lahso apso, and the 4th our breeder won't reveal. They are wonderful family pets, great with children, don't shed & have the sweetest personalities--Jack is the last of our 3. He bonded to me, he's been my little shadow!

all_3_dogs__0.jpg

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Jack is a beautiful boy!:kiss2: What a sweetheart. Aww to that photo of him looking out the window waiting for his mommy to come home.
Please give him a big gentle hug from me @sarahb :love:

Missy, I will give him a hug from you--he has no shortage of kisses, car rides & walks to the park! That little face waiting in the window cracks me up!:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I will give him a hug from you--he has no shortage of kisses, car rides & walks to the park! That little face waiting in the window cracks me up!:wavey:

Thank you Sarah. He is a darling. One cannot help wanting to kiss and hug him. Lucky you get to do it in person. :kiss2:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That cat!!! What a beauty. That person walks him on a leash? I want one!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That cat!!! What a beauty. That person walks him on a leash? I want one!

Haha me too. :kiss2:
But then I remember for each cat I buy and don’t rescue is a cat whose life I can’t save by adopting into our family. We only have so many cats we can make a part of our family at once. I know I sound like a broken record but I wish we could save them all.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More exciting than Game of Thrones. GOTT -- Guardians of the Toilet

toilet guardians.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just trying to make it through this MOUNTAINOUS work week, so I can get to Sunday. Brodie and I head to Maryland to pick up his new sister, and we are SO excited!!! Happy Easter to me! My family has never celebrated Easter, so I didn't even remember that it was a holiday when I scheduled our pick up. I have never adopted an older dog before - I've only ever had puppies. Would anyone care to share their stories on this? How do I know or get used to her already established habits? She will be 4 years old in June. Here's a recent picture for you! I'll start a new thread on all 3 dogs when she comes home - hoping everyone gets along!

Nikki :love:
IMG_3653.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results