color
clarity

Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, one of the first things I asked is what will happen to her and I made sure they wouldn't put her to sleep. They don't usually pickup cats unless their injured so her injury was almost her saving grace. Yes I understand NYC is very quick to put them down, this kitty was found in the inner city but they have a wonderful animal control officer and regularly post the animals on their FB page so they can get adopted.

@stracci2000, my oldest son always wants to save the cats and I try to explain to him that it could be someone's cat even without a collar and tag (although it should be mandatory like dogs). Once I saw her leg though there was no other thought, even if she belonged to someone she needed immediate help. If she does have a family they would be able to find her through animal control but everything about her said stray to me. At least the kids said they were feeding her, kids can be mean and animals are so helpless and vulnerable you know?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, one of the first things I asked is what will happen to her and I made sure they wouldn't put her to sleep. They don't usually pickup cats unless their injured so her injury was almost her saving grace. Yes I understand NYC is very quick to put them down, this kitty was found in the inner city but they have a wonderful animal control officer and regularly post the animals on their FB page so they can get adopted.

@stracci2000, my oldest son always wants to save the cats and I try to explain to him that it could be someone's cat even without a collar and tag (although it should be mandatory like dogs). Once I saw her leg though there was no other thought, even if she belonged to someone she needed immediate help. If she does have a family they would be able to find her through animal control but everything about her said stray to me. At least the kids said they were feeding her, kids can be mean and animals are so helpless and vulnerable you know?
Last month I saw a coyote with severe mange in a grocery store parking lot. In the middle of Albuquerque. First I thought it was a sick dog, then I realized it was a coyote. It looked so sick, very skinny, with no fur. Poor thing.
I called animal services, and was told that a wildlife rescue group was coming for it. They soon arrived and were trying to capture it, but it scampered off, with them in pursuit.
I was hoping they caught it.
I know some people don't like coyotes. Yes, they are predators, but they were here first.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last month I saw a coyote with severe mange in a grocery store parking lot. In the middle of Albuquerque. First I thought it was a sick dog, then I realized it was a coyote. It looked so sick, very skinny, with no fur. Poor thing.
I called animal services, and was told that a wildlife rescue group was coming for it. They soon arrived and were trying to capture it, but it scampered off, with them in pursuit.
I know some people don't like coyotes. Yes, they are predators, but they were here first.

Oh poor baby. I hope they found him and helped him. Yes I completely agree with you Stracci. They were here first!

@StephanieLynn thanks for saving her and hope she gets a loving and safe home.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love coyotes! We see them here in our back yard all the time (we back onto a reserve) and they look healthy. I hope "your fella" gets the help he needs from the rescue group.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love coyotes! We see them here in our back yard all the time (we back onto a reserve) and they look healthy. I hope "your fella" gets the help he needs from the rescue group.
I sure hope he survived. He seemed very weak. Here is a photo I took at the time. Look at the tail! So sad.
IMG_20180329_094813676.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poor coyote! I hope he was able to get some help that guy is in rough shape

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charlotta IMG_20180330_132616_410.jpg is growing. I wish she could talk, she'll tell her story so much better thang than I can do It!

Awww Charlotta is a sweet girl. :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG potentially adopting a fifth kitty but with this weekend being a holiday weekend we won't meet Stanley (love that name) till next Sunday April 8th. Though I may talk myself out of it by then because 5 cats are a lot to handle when going back and forth with them between homes. He's a little over 1 year old.

Look at this face. OMG.:love:

stanley.jpg.png stanley.jpeg.png stanleymush.jpg.png stanleythecat.jpg.png

Attachments

• stanleythecat.jpg.png
    stanleythecat.jpg.png
    361 KB · Views: 12
  • stanley.jpg.png
    stanley.jpg.png
    346 KB · Views: 20

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, Missy!
He's a very Lucky kitty, if he gets live in your house!
Lucky_Cat_Stock_by_melemel.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Passover and Easter from the fur babies. Here are my fur baby brothers (JJ and Simon) and niece Zena. We have more but they all weren't present and the others were under the bed being terrorized by Zena. Over exuberant puppy that Zena. And wow she is strong. Almost knocked me over a few times haha.

First the initial sniff between Simon and Zena. Simon doesn't take crap from anyone. He is old and curmudgeony. Hmm come to think of it I have much in common with Simon sweetie. :cheeky:

zenasimonandalexa.jpg

Simon the cat (my brother) is elderly and Zena (my niece) is a puppy and well let's just say Simon was not pleased with the intrusion.:nono:

Simonandzena.jpg

simonandzenastandoff.jpg zenaandsimoncloseup.jpg simonhissingatzena.jpg

This is JJ one of my other brothers. He also was not pleased with the intrusion of my sister's family's new addition of Zena.

JJ so happy before the intrusion of my sister's family :halo:
JJpassover2018.jpg

JJ is a sweetie (Simon you can forget about holding him lol)
alexajjandzena.jpg

yes I love you too Zena sweetheart. See I have enough love for everyone.
alexaandzenaholdinghands.jpg

But Zena while mischievous and enthusiastic and hard to contain was a good girl during our Passover Seder.

zenaandalexapassover2018.jpg

For the most part that is :P2

zenakissingalexapassover2018.jpg

But oh she is always ready to play. Oops reached photo limit. OK last pic in next post. Sorry for the inundation of photos but since we cannot share video here I did my best to share a pictorial to share the experience.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I wrote, Zena is always ready to play.

zenapassover2018.jpg

Aww please won't you play with me...I love you.:kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snow in the forecast tomorrow. WTH.:geek2: Ummm Mother Nature could you please look at the calendar? It's April 1st. Time for Spring and flowers and green grass and mild temps and absolutely no snow.;( Cmon now. Pretty please? Can we all enjoy some lovely Spring weather? Perhaps it is her joke on us today being April 1st? :kiss:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charlotta IMG_20180330_132616_410.jpg is growing. I wish she could talk, she'll tell her story so much better thang than I can do It!

Look how she's grown! I love to see her IRL!:love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops sorry meant to post in random comments re the snow post. I’m so tired it’s like when I text the wrong person oops :oops2::lol:
Must pay attention!:doh:

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@missy, haha, it is the cat's meow! Of course, we can't forget about Stitch and his bow tie as well. And that expression pretty much sums up his opinion about clothes...Winston would love to snuggle up to Stitch...but, Stitch, not so much. That look is when he realized who had wormed his way in.

I must admit I am very fond of little Winston. He also loves to snuggle on me, and is in fact, on my lap in a blanket while I am on the computer. IMG_E5941.JPG

IMG_E5716.JPG IMG_4884.JPG

IMG_6432.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww so sweet @Yimmers :love:

Easter puppy alert.

zenaeaster.jpg

Aww Zena is a good sport or should I say good spot. :lol:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a follow-up about the kitty I found Thursday, she is now at Kenway's Cause in Connecticut waiting for a foster and forever home. The ACO of Hartford established this rescue to help animals found on the street and get them into loving homes. Her paw was treated at the vet and yes she is a girl! So I just wanted to let you guys now she is safe especially @missy and @stracci2000.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww so sweet @Yimmers :love:

Easter puppy alert.

zenaeaster.jpg

Aww Zena is a good sport or should I say good spot. :lol:

HHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Excellent!

@Yimmers....love your pooches. Except for the stink eye--they do look very happy!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a follow-up about the kitty I found Thursday, she is now at Kenway's Cause in Connecticut waiting for a foster and forever home. The ACO of Hartford established this rescue to help animals found on the street and get them into loving homes. Her paw was treated at the vet and yes she is a girl! So I just wanted to let you guys now she is safe especially @missy and @stracci2000.

Woohoo! Wonderful news!!! Thank you Stephanie for letting us know. So happy and relieved! Hoping she finds her purrrrfect furever loving home very soon.:appl:
And @StephanieLynn (((HUGS)))
1237347t680xm00ub.gif

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy are you getting that orange kitty you posted? What a cutie!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy are you getting that orange kitty you posted? What a cutie!

Hi Stephanie, thanks for asking. We aren't meeting Stanley till Sunday. He's being fostered at a good home right now. Right now I am 50/50. Going back and forth with 5 cats going from NY to NJ almost every weekend is giving me paws...haha paws.:lol:

When we meet him if we think he'd be a good fit with our other 4 it will be tough to say no. I'll keep you posted.
1237347t680xm00ub.gif

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the update, Stephanie. You did a great thing for that sweet kitty:love:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look how she's grown! I love to see her IRL!:love:

She is beautiful and very purry. I have a blue faux fur coat - used to be a "designer line" until Charlotta discovered it. She took the coat for her mom. Now every night I take the coat upstairs, so that the kitty could "pump" it and purr. The coat has lost some of its flair, but now when I wear it, Charlotta thinks I am her real mom. :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just cannot resist these cute faces. :kiss2:
frenchbulldogandgreg.jpg

dogsplaying.jpg

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All these sweet cat pics make me want to run out and adopt a cat. We had cats for many years, but now have a lab that I don’t think would be cat friendly.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This kitty is so gorgeous! Love her:love:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Knocked the coffee pot over. Thinks ripple rug provides adequate camo from irate human.

Atticus camo 4-4-2018.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Though I may talk myself out of it by then because 5 cats are a lot to handle when going back and forth with them between homes.
But 5 is not much more trouble than 4. Just like 6 is no harder than 5, and 7 is no harder than 6... I speak from experience :mrgreen2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results