carat
color
clarity

Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My word, he's a love! @missy, when DH and I finally make it down your way, we'll bring Cirrus with you. Firstly, Cirrus is a big believer in ice cream! Secondly, he's a big believer in snuggles. That sound you'll hear when you meet him will be the sound of your heart breaking in response to this beautiful, beautiful dog! His idea of kisses is nibbling your chin. It's so cute it takes your breath away!

Does he do tounge in the ear kisses ???
(Asking for a freind :wink2: )

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is he freinds with Olie ?
Archie is indeed very cute
but i would pet the inflated price of a Springsteen on Broadway ticket that he does not smell as sweet as your kitties

He actually does smell very sweet! And did you ever hear the song "Smelly Cat" LOL well let's just say while Oliver often does smell sweet sometimes he doesn't and our cats might not be the most fastidious lolol.

I love your analogy to Springsteen Daisy. You rock girl!!! :appl:

And here's Sir Archie from our visit yesterday. He had just taken a bit of a hosing down as he was clowning around... Puppies will be puppies. :lol:

Look at that face. :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My word, he's a love! @missy, when DH and I finally make it down your way, we'll bring Cirrus with you. Firstly, Cirrus is a big believer in ice cream! Secondly, he's a big believer in snuggles. That sound you'll hear when you meet him will be the sound of your heart breaking in response to this beautiful, beautiful dog! His idea of kisses is nibbling your chin. It's so cute it takes your breath away!

Deal! :appl:
And fwiw when I see photos of Cirrus my heart already goes pitter patter. He is a gorgeous gorgeous love. :kiss2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry for photo bombing the form tonight
im cleaning out my pbone to find some menory for Bruce Springsteen

Anyway i was a bit worried about Borris today
she went from sitting on the edge of the bath (after using the bath as her dirt box) to spending the rest of the day in the linen cupboard
But i think she's just cold
and they both didn't like breakfast
there is a shortage of cat food in NZ
i mean you can still buy cat food but because the imports are so slow to arrive because of stupid global pandemics the locally manufactured one we like keeps selling out
anyway i managed to get 2 4-packs this afternoon
That won't last long even if the stray mommy tom cat will eat the types Borris and Fluffa Duffa dont rouch

Anyway anyway
Took a bowl of food into Borris and she came straight down two shelves and ate some
talk about breakfast in bed
(Don't tell Gary) 20210618_204517.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
61670212-1DF4-4A39-BD95-3BF795C7FC2D.jpeg

You can have the rest of the house but this air conditioning vent in the kitchen floor is MINE!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn’t know where to post this..l’m so worried about my dog, Bailey…He‘s 12.5 years old…I noticed lately that he was holding his legs differently when he stands…He’s on the highest dose of Rimadyl..This morning he is limping and looking like he’s uncomfortable. I called the vets office. She can’t see him until Friday..She gave me the name of a mobile vet..and the name of the hospital emergency room. Bailey had TPLO surgery there years ago. I just gave him a pain pill and he’s sleeping now. I’ve been crying and coming here to try to distract myself. Please say a prayer or send dust for my Bailey..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee I am so sorry. :(
I am sending bucketloads of healing vibes to Bailey. And hugs to you. Praying he’ll be ok.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee I am so sorry. :(
I am sending bucketloads of healing vibes to Bailey. And hugs to you. Praying he’ll be ok.

Thank you @missy. I’m so worried. I went to the bathroom and closed the door. He always gets up from wherever he is to wait outside the door for me. I heard him get up and limp to the outside of the door to wait for me even though he’s uncomfortable. I hope he’s not in pain. He is over the dosage of what they usually give for pain. He’s not crying..or moaning…I can’t physically lift him..so
I would have to have David help me if I have to bring him to the emergency vet. That’s a challenge in itself. I hope the pain med kicks in and he stops limping. Poor guy..:cry2:

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t know where to post this..l’m so worried about my dog, Bailey…He‘s 12.5 years old…I noticed lately that he was holding his legs differently when he stands…He’s on the highest dose of Rimadyl..This morning he is limping and looking like he’s uncomfortable. I called the vets office. She can’t see him until Friday..She gave me the name of a mobile vet..and the name of the hospital emergency room. Bailey had TPLO surgery there years ago. I just gave him a pain pill and he’s sleeping now. I’ve been crying and coming here to try to distract myself. Please say a prayer or send dust for my Bailey..

I'm so sorry @MamaBee, I hope Bailey is doing better very soon.

lizzydm26

Shiny_Rock
Thank you @missy. I’m so worried. I went to the bathroom and closed the door. He always gets up from wherever he is to wait outside the door for me. I heard him get up and limp to the outside of the door to wait for me even though he’s uncomfortable. I hope he’s not in pain. He is over the dosage of what they usually give for pain. He’s not crying..or moaning…I can’t physically lift him..so
I would have to have David help me if I have to bring him to the emergency vet. That’s a challenge in itself. I hope the pain med kicks in and he stops limping. Poor guy..:cry2:

I hope it is a fluke, and the pain meds help! Poor guy. It is so difficult to watch fur babies suffer. Much love to you and your pup!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lots of dust, and lots of love. We are in a similar place where our pets are concerned.

One more thing, have you tried Adequan? This is where we are in addition to Deracoxib (Rimadyl makes Lucky throw up so no more of that!)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm trying to get more pictures of Silly girl Gigi. She's come quite a ways since we first got her, has picked up about 4lbs which is good. I found out from someone that worked at the kennel that she really did not eat well directly after retirement, with all that was going on. And she's really settled into the rhythm of the household...mostly.

She is a clothing thief, a toilet paper roll thief, a shoe and sock thief.... :lol: She doesn't destroy it, but she wants it on her bed or to just drag it around the house.

She and Lucky really get along well. She gives Lucky kisses constantly. Lucky is generally standoffish but will allow it. If Lucky is not well Gigi will come get me and take me to her. At the vet last time she stood between the vet and Lucky until cookies were involved then all bets were off!

She is very very sweet, beautiful personality (still hates cats and squirrels though)

20210630_121316.jpg

Stay strong, Bailey!

P.S. @MamaBee: if it's any consolation, my previous doggo was on Rimadyl before it stopped being enough to manage her condition. So she was switched to prednisone and a couple other meds. That kept her going for almost another 2 years.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lots of dust, and lots of love. We are in a similar place where our pets are concerned.

One more thing, have you tried Adequan? This is where we are in addition to Deracoxib (Rimadyl makes Lucky throw up so no more of that!)

No I haven’t @Arcadian. I’m sitting in the parking lot of a vet hospital. They won’t let me in. They said the wait was 1-3 hours. :(2 They’re doing X-rays and blood work. The doc thought she felt a crack in his patella bone. He had TPLO surgery in the other leg.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm trying to get more pictures of Silly girl Gigi. She's come quite a ways since we first got her, has picked up about 4lbs which is good. I found out from someone that worked at the kennel that she really did not eat well directly after retirement, with all that was going on. And she's really settled into the rhythm of the household...mostly.

She is a clothing thief, a toilet paper roll thief, a shoe and sock thief.... :lol: She doesn't destroy it, but she wants it on her bed or to just drag it around the house.

She and Lucky really get along well. She gives Lucky kisses constantly. Lucky is generally standoffish but will allow it. If Lucky is not well Gigi will come get me and take me to her. At the vet last time she stood between the vet and Lucky until cookies were involved then all bets were off!

She is very very sweet, beautiful personality (still hates cats and squirrels though)

20210630_121316.jpg

She looks very sweet @Arcadian She looks like she’s smiling at the camera!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope it is a fluke, and the pain meds help! Poor guy. It is so difficult to watch fur babies suffer. Much love to you and your pup!

Thank you @lizzydm26 It breaks my heart..

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No I haven’t @Arcadian. I’m sitting in the parking lot of a vet hospital. They won’t let me in. They said the wait was 1-3 hours. :(2 They’re doing X-rays and blood work. The doc thought she felt a crack in his patella bone. He had TPLO surgery in the other leg.

Lots of prayer, for both of you :(

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh gosh. :(( Healing vibes across the miles...........

kind regards--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
We just got home at 11pm. It looks like he tore his cruciate in the other leg. We waited six hours in the car. They didn’t do much…just an xray, blood work, and observation. She prescribed a heavy dose of Gabapentin twice a day. I don’t know what we’re going to do. She said he could do the painkillers and see if that helps. I got the feeling she wouldn’t suggest doing the surgery given his age of 12.5…He may develop scarring which will immobilize his knee..I don’t know what to do....I keep talking about his quality of life…My husband isn’t helping…I will see how the medication helps with his pain.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results