shape
carat
color
clarity

Raiding My Hubby''s Paypal Account!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
My hubby has been an enthusiast of the online game, Everquest. The players in the game get spells, potions, weapons, armour, jewelry etc. from the monsters and dragons that they kill and these goodies can actually be traded for real $$$. So, my hubby currently has about USD1300 in his paypal account from trading these virtual goodies and he says he cannot be bothered to withdraw the money from paypal. Apparently it is quite a hassle and there are costs involved in getting the paypal money back to the bank account.

So, he knows I shop on the web A LOT! and he told me to use the $$$ in his paypal account. Guess what? I have contacted Richard Homer! I will actually be turning virtual jewelry into real jewelry, heh heh!
18.gif
31.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW you''re going to end up with something very very nice! Nice of your husband to offer his virtual cash to you.
21.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh how cool is that! I can''t wait to see what you come up with.
3.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
That is so cool! It is probably his way of saying thanks for letting him play his game for so long!

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that is an interesting source of extra cash... Good for him. What a blessing for you.

Actually, I really don''t think it is that hard to get money out of paypal. But, and in my case this is a really big but... you have to give up information that some consider private - and not necessary for paypal to know.

In my case they have my name address and a credit card number. I see absolutely no reason for them to have my bank account number nor do I want to be purchasing and paying directly from my bank account.

When I last looked: setting up to get cash hard was not that hard or that inconvienient... If you were OK with paypal getting lots of information on you and have free access at their will to your bank account.

I think your husband may be a very wise man.

Perry

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been using Paypal since the inception of Paypal, way before ebay bought it. They''ve had my bank account number for years. I''ve made literally hundreds of purchases using it. Their fraud protection is iron-clad, and has only improved since ebay took over. I''ve never had a problem with them.

I believe you are right about the fees, though.
1.gif
Paypal takes fees when money comes in, it''s a percentage. It shouldn''t be difficult to get the money to the bank account, just a hassle and perhaps time-consuming. Regardless, if your husband thinks it''d be easier to spend than withdraw, hooray for you!
9.gif

I''m a huge World of Warcraft geek myself, but there''s no transferring gold to US$ in that game! Not without selling characters and so forth on ebay, anyway.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/20/2007 6:52:53 PM
Author: perry
Now that is an interesting source of extra cash... Good for him. What a blessing for you.

Actually, I really don''t think it is that hard to get money out of paypal. But, and in my case this is a really big but... you have to give up information that some consider private - and not necessary for paypal to know.

In my case they have my name address and a credit card number. I see absolutely no reason for them to have my bank account number nor do I want to be purchasing and paying directly from my bank account.

When I last looked: setting up to get cash hard was not that hard or that inconvienient... If you were OK with paypal getting lots of information on you and have free access at their will to your bank account.

I think your husband may be a very wise man.

Perry
9.gif
As in this will stop me from complaining about him spending too much time on Everquest!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/20/2007 8:45:06 PM
Author: Julianna
I''ve been using Paypal since the inception of Paypal, way before ebay bought it. They''ve had my bank account number for years. I''ve made literally hundreds of purchases using it. Their fraud protection is iron-clad, and has only improved since ebay took over. I''ve never had a problem with them.

I believe you are right about the fees, though.
1.gif
Paypal takes fees when money comes in, it''s a percentage. It shouldn''t be difficult to get the money to the bank account, just a hassle and perhaps time-consuming. Regardless, if your husband thinks it''d be easier to spend than withdraw, hooray for you!
9.gif

I''m a huge World of Warcraft geek myself, but there''s no transferring gold to US$ in that game! Not without selling characters and so forth on ebay, anyway.
Hi Julianna, that''s very cool! A lady online game enthusiast!

Oh, apparently on Everquest you can trade your platinum and other precious for real $, and you don''t have to sell off your character to do so. Hmm, maybe that''s an idea! To get my hubby to sell his characters -- more $ for gems! (His character is a cleric in the game and apparently he has reached the highest levels in the games so he is supposed to be a very very rich and powerful cleric, that should bring quite a few Richard Homers home!)
9.gif
31.gif
18.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Anyway folks, these are the lovelies I got (it sure feels good to shop feeling like you have not spent a single cent
9.gif
). First one from acstones:

1.87ct Burmese Red Spinel. Unenhanced with slightly orangey and slightly purplish medium dark red colour.

SSspinel1.jpg

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Oops, wrong description for the picture above. The gemstone above is a 0.96 ct pink burmese spinel. Unenhanced with medium light to medium strong pink colour. Here''s the red spinel..

SSspinel2.jpg

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
A 1.75ct unenhanced oval burmese red spinel from Richard Homer..

SSSspinel3.jpg

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve pretty much wiped out my hubby''s paypal account with the three stones above. But I couldn''t resist this one from Richard Homer too. A 1.06ct round pink spinel from Ceylon. I can''t wait for these lovelies to arrive..

SSspinel4.jpg

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
The pink spinel above is supposedly a perfect round, it looks off round due to the angle that the pictures were taken, as Richard explained..

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Wow, beautiful stones. It sure did not take you long to exhaust your hubby''s paypal account!
31.gif

Have you told him yet?

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/21/2007 3:27:34 PM
Author: omieluv
Wow, beautiful stones. It sure did not take you long to exhaust your hubby''s paypal account!
31.gif

Have you told him yet?
Not yet
9.gif
. When he offered his paypal account, I asked him how much $ was in there and if I can wipe it out and he said to go ahead. That''s pretty much what i did..
31.gif
31.gif

By the way omieluv, is that your cat in your avatar? He/she is very lovely, I love the colour of his/her furry face..

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2007 3:40:45 PM
Author: simplysplendid

Not yet
9.gif
. When he offered his paypal account, I asked him how much $ was in there and if I can wipe it out and he said to go ahead. That''s pretty much what i did..
31.gif
31.gif

By the way omieluv, is that your cat in your avatar? He/she is very lovely, I love the colour of his/her furry face..
What do you think his reaction will be when he finds out it took you just a day to spend the money?! Will he be surprised or expect such behavior from you?

Yes, that is my cat! Her name is Omie and she is my furbaby!! Omie is a ragdoll and you can see her pictures and other cute raggies here:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ragdoll-parents-this-threads-for-you-brag-and-post-photos-here.64808/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ragdoll-cat-owners-please-tell-me-all-about-them.60929/

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/21/2007 4:00:12 PM
Author: omieluv

Date: 8/21/2007 3:40:45 PM

Not yet
9.gif
31.gif
31.gif

What do you think his reaction will be when he finds out it took you just a day to spend the money?! Will he be surprised or expect such behavior from you?

Yes, that is my cat! Her name is Omie and she is my furbaby!! Omie is a ragdoll and you can see her pictures and other cute raggies here:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ragdoll-parents-this-threads-for-you-brag-and-post-photos-here.64808/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ragdoll-cat-owners-please-tell-me-all-about-them.60929/
Oh my! She is so cute! That furry tummy! I cannot resist furry tummys, be it cats or dogs or hedgehogs!
1.gif
The ragdolls are so lovely. I am so happy for you that you took her home. Her behavioural problems at the start was likely due to the fact that she wasn''t well taken care of by her previous owners and you were right that a little TLC will fix that. We have a family pet dog, a shih tzu that we took over from a previous owner (wow, that''s like 14 years ago) and he came with behavioural problems too as he was locked up pretty much of the time. But after some TLC, he too changed and is definitely more relaxed after he realised that humans can be trusted..

As for the shopping, I have actually been deciding on the acstones'' spinels since their sale started. I couldn''t quite decide on the pink spinel until i saw Joolskie''s real life pics and I have also been ogling at the red spinel for a while but it was sold. Somehow it was listed again yesterday (perhaps someone returned it) so I quickly snapped it up. I have also been to Richard Homer''s website many times but as his gemstones were a little pricier (but well worth it!), I did not contact him until I was sure I wanted to purchase something. So once my hubby said I could use his paypal $ several days ago, I requested Rich to send me pics of some spinels.

So the shopping did take a while the execution of the orders was swift!
21.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2007 4:31:20 PM

Oh my! She is so cute! That furry tummy! I cannot resist furry tummys, be it cats or dogs or hedgehogs!
1.gif
The ragdolls are so lovely. I am so happy for you that you took her home. Her behavioural problems at the start was likely due to the fact that she wasn''t well taken care of by her previous owners and you were right that a little TLC will fix that. We have a family pet dog, a shih tzu that we took over from a previous owner (wow, that''s like 14 years ago) and he came with behavioural problems too as he was locked up pretty much of the time. But after some TLC, he too changed and is definitely more relaxed after he realised that humans can be trusted..

As for the shopping, I have actually been deciding on the acstones'' spinels since their sale started. I couldn''t quite decide on the pink spinel until i saw Joolskie''s real life pics and I have also been ogling at the red spinel for a while but it was sold. Somehow it was listed again yesterday (perhaps someone returned it) so I quickly snapped it up. I have also been to Richard Homer''s website many times but as his gemstones were a little pricier (but well worth it!), I did not contact him until I was sure I wanted to purchase something. So once my hubby said I could use his paypal $ several days ago, I requested Rich to send me pics of some spinels.

So the shopping did take a while the execution of the orders was swift!
21.gif
Thanks, Omie knows she is cute too! She is very protective over her tummy and it is so tempting to want to reach out and pet it. I agree, Omie had several homes during her 1st year of life, so she developed some issues, which we are still working with 2 yrs later. She is wonderful though, I would not trade her for anything.

Ah, so you had been thinking of stones for a while and had an idea of what you were looking for, I see!! Homer''s work is so beautiful and each stone you have selected is so pretty. So what do you have in mind for these stones?

I have my great grandmother''s e-ring setting, which has a dull amethyst my mother set into it after the diamond was removed by my grandmother. I am thinking of purchasing a stone by Homer for this setting, just not sure if he is willing to cut a stone down to .63 carats (I am sure an e-mail to him would answer my question though).

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Omieluv, I am sure Richard will be able to find out something suitable to set into your great granny''s e-ring setting. However, it may be better to provide him with dimensions of the stone that would fit into the setting rather than carat weight..
1.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2007 7:41:58 PM
Hi Omieluv, I am sure Richard will be able to find out something suitable to set into your great granny''s e-ring setting. However, it may be better to provide him with dimensions of the stone that would fit into the setting rather than carat weight..
1.gif
Of course, I will provide him with measurements and pictures of the setting when I am ready to move forward. I am still not quite sure what I would want as a center stone, so I need to think on that, as well as budget.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/21/2007 4:40:24 AM

Oh, apparently on Everquest you can trade your platinum and other precious for real $, and you don''t have to sell off your character to do so. Hmm, maybe that''s an idea! To get my hubby to sell his characters -- more $ for gems! (His character is a cleric in the game and apparently he has reached the highest levels in the games so he is supposed to be a very very rich and powerful cleric, that should bring quite a few Richard Homers home!)
9.gif
31.gif
18.gif
If he could just bear to let go of his cleric, you might end up with a very nice pendant or some such!
9.gif

I have a level 70 Night Elf warrior on Warcraft, also the highest you can go, and also quite rich. I''m far too attached to let her go, though! It took so long to get her where she is, I feel like we''re friends.
2.gif

Ok enough geek-threadjacking from me...

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/24/2007 12:45:34 PM
Author: Julianna

Date: 8/21/2007 4:40:24 AM

9.gif
31.gif
18.gif
If he could just bear to let go of his cleric, you might end up with a very nice pendant or some such!
9.gif

I have a level 70 Night Elf warrior on Warcraft, also the highest you can go, and also quite rich. I''m far too attached to let her go, though! It took so long to get her where she is, I feel like we''re friends.
2.gif

Ok enough geek-threadjacking from me...
Hi Julianna, yes! my hubby is too emotionally attached to his cleric frog in the game to sell it and I don''t think I will ever ask him to sell it away too as it brings him quite a lot of fun. I think it is also level 70 or something like that in Everquest. He once created a character for me which didn''t quite take off as I couldn''t even get out of the character''s homeground
20.gif
. I got so dizzy navigating my way that I gave up though his character did give my character some pretty jewels in the game.
9.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/24/2007 5:15:58 PM

Hi Julianna, yes! my hubby is too emotionally attached to his cleric frog in the game to sell it and I don''t think I will ever ask him to sell it away too as it brings him quite a lot of fun. I think it is also level 70 or something like that in Everquest. He once created a character for me which didn''t quite take off as I couldn''t even get out of the character''s homeground
20.gif
. I got so dizzy navigating my way that I gave up though his character did give my character some pretty jewels in the game.
9.gif
You just reminded me, in Warcraft you can buy rings! Not rings that help your character (there are those, too), but ENGAGEMENT rings. There is "The Rock", "Flawless Diamond Solitaire", and a few others, even. It''s ridiculous for two reasons: 1. Because wearing the ring given to you would force you to take off a ring that is actually serving a purpose, and 2. It''s very expensive to the giver, relatively speaking. I guess it''s somewhat like real life. Hee hee! It''s utterly silly.
4.gif

Elise

Rough_Rock
Hey SS, congrats on your new buys! =)

FI and I are playing Resident Evil now and I don''t think it''s possible to sell things for real cash. Looks like it''s time to switch games!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 1:39:08 AM
Author: Elise
Hey SS, congrats on your new buys! =)

FI and I are playing Resident Evil now and I don''t think it''s possible to sell things for real cash. Looks like it''s time to switch games!
Hi Elise! How have you been? My hubby has been playing Everquest for a few years now and he enjoys it and yes, switch games so you get real $$!

Elise

Rough_Rock
I''m doing great, thanks! Yes, if we are going to spend so much time playing a game, we might as well make money for baubles off it! =)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results