shape
carat
color
clarity

Ragdoll "parents" -- this thread''s for you! Brag and post photos here!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Oooh both your kitties are gorgeous Amber
9.gif
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Blackpaw!! We actually have three babies - our third is an orange tabby, sister to the calico in the picture. Her name is Amber (she''s my DH''s kitty really - definitely a daddy''s girl!):

Amberloafpic1.jpeg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/31/2009 11:10:53 AM
Author: Blackpaw
Oooh both your kitties are gorgeous Amber
9.gif
36.gif

BTW - how is your sweet Blackpaw doing? His story just made me so happy that you and your family take such good care of his precious little self. I hope he is doing well?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock

Well, I have *VERY BIG NEWS*!!!

Boo is getting a little brother!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Yes, it's true, and I am soooo excited I can hardly stand it!

We have been thinking about it for a LOOOONG time, and we have truly considered everything and explored all options... and in the end, we decided on a second Raggie. I have sent a deposit to a breeder out of state for a little 4-week old blue lynx mitted boy -- and we will be bringing him home when he is 12 weeks old.

There are actually two almost-identical blue lynx mitted boys in this litter, so the breeder will be watching them grow and develop and will choose one for us a little later on that she thinks will be the most like what we are looking/hoping for, and the best "fit" for us and Boo.

Here's the first one, let's call him Baby Boy A!
30.gif

Baby_A_3.5wks.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Here''s Baby Boy B... he looks like he''s a little worried in this picture!!!
30.gif

Baby_B_3.5wks.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
So, we''re having fun thinking of names... I have a list of about 1,000, so I''ll obviously have to whittle that down some!!!

He''ll be 12 weeks old the end of February, so we''ll be getting him shortly afterwards.

I will be sure to post updates and additional pictures as I get them... oh don''t you worry about that!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG OMG OMG OMG Lynn those are the ABSOLUTE CUTEST KITTENS IN THE WORLD!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I''m so excited that Mr. Boo is getting a little brother, and what a cutie he will be!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Can''t wait to hear/see updates
9.gif
9.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OH AG, I'm so glad you saw this! I was hoping you would! THANK YOU for the sweet and enthusiastic post! xoxo!

I am soooo excited! Right now the name of the day is "Bentley" -- we'll see if it changes in the next 2 months!
1.gif

I would have never considered a breeder in NC - that is one VERY FAR AWAY state! But we are going to be visiting friends in Charlotte so we will just "swing by" Raleigh (well, it's about 3-4 hours away, I think!) kitty-nap the baby
2.gif
and be on our way home with him. We figure we'll all get a nice chance to get reeeeally well aquainted in the 9 - 10 hour car ride home!
23.gif
9.gif

Believe me, I really debated ALL options. I really tried to do a raggie rescue and I had been looking and calling and e-mailing and getting nowhere. Getting a kitty from our local shelter just scared me too much - I was terrified of bringing something home to Boo. Maybe it was (is) irrational, I don't know... but I worry about him so much!

And then these little guys popped up on the Ragdoll forum and when I saw "blue lynx mitted" I was pretty much *SOLD*!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I have loved and wanted a blue lynx mitted for a really long time now. Won't that be a very awesome *contrast*
2.gif
to my seal bi-color Boo?!!

BTW, here's a picture of their daddy, Max: (One VERY handsome dude!)

Maxwell_3_Papa.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
And their mama, Cerafina:

Cerafina_Mama.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG how GORGEOUS are mommy and daddy?!?!!

Don''t worry - I know you wanted to rescue, but you are totally entitled to make the best choice for your family (including Boo), and it sounds like you really thought it through and did just that
1.gif
Its never an easy decision. To be honest, DH and I have been contemplating a doggie, and I''m struggling with the same thing. Normally, I''m 100% pro-rescue (as you know), but we''d want a dog we could actually compete in Agility (a dog sport) with, and while there are some awesome rescued Agility dogs out there, its so much more of a gamble. That plus the fact that we have connections in the dog training world with some AWESOME breeders, who would breed for just the temperament we''d want, and it makes for a tough decision.

Anyway, that said, I''m so thrilled you are getting this little guy as a brother for Boo - I think it will be so much fun for all of you. Well, maybe not the car ride home - having just driven our three from San Francisco to Houston a few months ago, may I suggest something water/pee-proof to put under the carrier just in case??

I can''t wait to see more pics and updates - with how STUNNING mom and dad are, I think your new little guy is going to be a serious looker. And I think that the blue points are going to be so gorgeous as a contrast with Mr. Boo the seal point. I would love to someday have a blue or lilac point to go with Mr. Ollie
2.gif
Somehow though, I suspect that might be a tough sell for the Mr...
3.gif
20.gif

I''m just over-the-moon thrilled for you though - can''t wait to see/hear all the updates
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Omg Lynn, I''m SO glad I stopped by this thread and saw your new baby! How exciting - they are both SO adorable, and what gorgeous parents! I think you should get both!!!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so first off, gorgeous pics Raggie lovers! I love the pics of all the sweet kitties!

Lynnnnnnnnnnn! A new baby! I''m so excited for you! They are so cute!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
OLLIE''s pics are amazing, love the Christmas Tree pics (and I love the tree, btw). I love his little ''tude, it is so cute!
2.gif

LYNN-I''m so so excited for you! two raggies for twice the fun! I''m so jealous and happy for you!!!!
9.gif

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to show you a recent pic of Sebastian on Christmas Eve.
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

Seb Christmas 09.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2010 11:45:26 AM
Author: beechezz
OLLIE''s pics are amazing, love the Christmas Tree pics (and I love the tree, btw). I love his little ''tude, it is so cute!
2.gif

LYNN-I''m so so excited for you! two raggies for twice the fun! I''m so jealous and happy for you!!!!
9.gif

Aww...thanks Beechezz - we love his little Raggie ''tude too - it always cracks us up, because he''s so ridiculous trying to look crabby, all he ends up looking is cute
3.gif
30.gif

Love the new picture of Mr. Sebastian - what an incredibly handsome little man he is, and he actually manages to look dignified (something Ollie has yet to manage even once) - I totally want to curl up and snuggle him in that picture!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Sandy,
Thanks for the post! But just to clarify, we are only getting ONE of the babies pictured, not both of them!
23.gif
They are pretty much identical twins right now, but the breeder knows what we want (in temperament, etc.) so she will be observing them both to see which one looks to be the best "fit" for us and Boo.

It''s Miss Brown Eyed Girl who gets her kittens in PAIRS!!!
2.gif
30.gif
30.gif
haha!

And OH! Thanks for the new picture! Sebastian is so handsome!!! Remind me, please -- is he a cream or a flame?

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Lynn,

Are you sure you don''t want 2??? They are really cute little fluffs of fur!!!
11.gif
I''m sure Boo wouldn''t mind having 2 new blue brothers!
2.gif

Please, please keep us posted on which little boy will be yours. I''m so excited for you!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Would you mind sharing the breeder you are using? I know you said they are out of state, right? Sebastian came from a breeder in Virginia. Oh, and he is a flame lynx ragdoll. My husband made the final decision on color, it was a choice between cream and flame. Our little Atticus (R.I.P.) was a seal point so I didn''t want anything that looked similar.

I can''t wait to hear all about your new adventure Lynn!
25.gif

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
AmberGretchen,

Thanks for the compliment on my little boy Sebastian. He does look dignified, but I think he usually looks annoyed!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Your Ollie is so photogenic, and I love all of your gorgeous pics, please keep them coming, OK?
4.gif
4.gif
4.gif
I enjoy them so much.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2010 7:55:50 PM
Lynn,

Are you sure you don''t want 2??? They are really cute little fluffs of fur!!!
11.gif
I''m sure Boo wouldn''t mind having 2 new blue brothers!
2.gif

Please, please keep us posted on which little boy will be yours. I''m so excited for you!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Would you mind sharing the breeder you are using? I know you said they are out of state, right? Sebastian came from a breeder in Virginia. Oh, and he is a flame lynx ragdoll. My husband made the final decision on color, it was a choice between cream and flame. Our little Atticus (R.I.P.) was a seal point so I didn''t want anything that looked similar.

I can''t wait to hear all about your new adventure Lynn!
25.gif
Sandy,

I am happy to share the name of the breeder I chose. Her name is Gail Stone of Megailee Ragdolls in Youngsville, NC (not far from Raleigh).
Honestly, I was very nervous venturing away from the breeders on Ragdoll Central that I feel like I "know" and trust. But none of them, not ONE, had any blue lynx mitted babies, and that had become what my heart was set on. So I started looking around, and I actually found out about Gail because she had posted a "kitten available" thread on Ragdoll Central. (At this time, she''s not really a regular poster there.) Anyway, that baby has since found his forever home, but in the process, I checked out her website and saw that she had a new litter with not just ONE but TWO blue lynx mitted BOYS (which is also my preference, although I have no rational reason why!!!) That made me pretty excited, so I started researching her and her cattery, and through another forum (Ragdoll Cat forum, where I post only once in awhile) I found two people who had gotten kittens from her, so I contacted them and got two RAVE reports on Gail, her cattery, and her kittens. It was very exciting. And also I had e-mailed Gail a few times with questions and got very positive responses. I asked her for some references, and she sent me two, and those people also had nothing but wonderful things to say about her and their kittens. I also asked several of my breeder buddies if they knew her or had heard of her, and one of them said she had heard very good things, and the others said they didn''t really know of her, but they had never heard anything BAD about her, and apparently in the breeder world/grapevine that''s not nothing! And then finally I also posted on RC about it, and one regular there said she knew first hand of three different people who got kittens from Gail and had nothing but positive experiences. So I feel like I did my due diligence, and I feel like I have every reason to hope for and expect a happy, positive outcome here! Fingers, toes, and Boo''s whiskers crossed!!!
2.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2010 8:00:52 PM
AmberGretchen,

Thanks for the compliment on my little boy Sebastian. He does look dignified, but I think he usually looks annoyed!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Your Ollie is so photogenic, and I love all of your gorgeous pics, please keep them coming, OK?
4.gif
4.gif
4.gif
I enjoy them so much.

Hehe - they are so funny when they try to look annoyed, aren''t they? We always LOL at Mr. Ollie when he does that because he just ends up looking ridiculous
3.gif

More than happy to keep up the pics - I just got the camera over the Summer, and digital photography is rapidly becoming one of my favorite hobbies. He''s a fun subject to take pictures of because his high contrast actually makes him a challenge to shoot well. But I''m getting better!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2010 9:56:16 PM
Author: Lynn B
Sandy,

I am happy to share the name of the breeder I chose. Her name is Gail Stone of Megailee Ragdolls in Youngsville, NC (not far from Raleigh).

Honestly, I was very nervous venturing away from the breeders on Ragdoll Central that I feel like I ''know'' and trust. But none of them, not ONE, had any blue lynx mitted babies, and that had become what my heart was set on. So I started looking around, and I actually found out about Gail because she had posted a ''kitten available'' thread on Ragdoll Central. (At this time, she''s not really a regular poster there.) Anyway, that baby has since found his forever home, but in the process, I checked out her website and saw that she had a new litter with not just ONE but TWO blue lynx mitted BOYS (which is also my preference, although I have no rational reason why!!!) That made me pretty excited, so I started researching her and her cattery, and through another forum (Ragdoll Cat forum, where I post only once in awhile) I found two people who had gotten kittens from her, so I contacted them and got two RAVE reports on Gail, her cattery, and her kittens. It was very exciting. And also I had e-mailed Gail a few times with questions and got very positive responses. I asked her for some references, and she sent me two, and those people also had nothing but wonderful things to say about her and their kittens. I also asked several of my breeder buddies if they knew her or had heard of her, and one of them said she had heard very good things, and the others said they didn''t really know of her, but they had never heard anything BAD about her, and apparently in the breeder world/grapevine that''s not nothing! And then finally I also posted on RC about it, and one regular there said she knew first hand of three different people who got kittens from Gail and had nothing but positive experiences. So I feel like I did my due diligence, and I feel like I have every reason to hope for and expect a happy, positive outcome here! Fingers, toes, and Boo''s whiskers crossed!!!
2.gif

Certainly sounds to me like you did your due diligence Lynn. I can''t wait to hear more about the process and how it all comes out, and to see more pics of the baby boys as they grow!!
9.gif

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Lynn,

So will you drive to NC to pick up your new baby? I am just so excited for you, I told my husband all about it and he was like, "uh oh" and "don''t get any ideas". LOL.
16.gif

I only wish we could get another, but we really need to figure out the best course of treatment for Sebastian''s asthma as we are still in the process of figuring it all out. It has been a long few months since his first asthma attack. Poor little guy, just wish he didn''t have to deal with this disease! It really stinks.
38.gif

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
AmberGretchen,

Your photography skills are really good IMO. I just got a camera myself, before the holidays, but I haven''t had a chance to do a "Seb" photoshoot. I usually catch him doing cute things in the spur of the moment so I just take a pic with my blackberry. Not the best quality, but I don''t want to miss those all important shots!

So, tell me, was your Christmas tree real? I really admire it, I was looking for one the exact size for next year...and again your decorating is beautiful!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2010 6:49:23 AM
AmberGretchen,

Your photography skills are really good IMO. I just got a camera myself, before the holidays, but I haven''t had a chance to do a ''Seb'' photoshoot. I usually catch him doing cute things in the spur of the moment so I just take a pic with my blackberry. Not the best quality, but I don''t want to miss those all important shots!

So, tell me, was your Christmas tree real? I really admire it, I was looking for one the exact size for next year...and again your decorating is beautiful!

Thanks Beechezz - its been a side hobby on and off for a couple of years, but what finally pushed me into determining that I needed to get more serious about it was taking pictures of some of the dogs I help train for Agility trials - hubby and I help out at animal shelters/rescues as volunteer trainers, and I was getting such cute shots with my little point and shoot it really pushed me into getting the DSLR. Now that I have it, its easier to justify time spent taking photos, processing them, etc...Also, it turns out its a great (and cheap) way to decorate the house - I''ve always loved photography, so we''ve started decorating with photos I''ve taken, put into IKEA frames. We even made a gallery wall in our new apartment, we love it
9.gif

The X-Mas tree is fake, from Target, so should be easy to find something similar. I think its 4.5 feet - we don''t like a huge one, since our place isn''t that huge.

So sorry to hear about Sweet Sebastian''s asthma - that''s really sad, poor kitty
7.gif
But he sure is lucky to have such loving owners looking out for him
1.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2010 6:45:50 AM
Lynn,

So will you drive to NC to pick up your new baby? I am just so excited for you, I told my husband all about it and he was like, 'uh oh' and 'don't get any ideas'. LOL.
16.gif

I only wish we could get another, but we really need to figure out the best course of treatment for Sebastian's asthma as we are still in the process of figuring it all out. It has been a long few months since his first asthma attack. Poor little guy, just wish he didn't have to deal with this disease! It really stinks.
38.gif
Yes, we will be driving to pick him up when he is 12 weeks old (in about 8 weeks). Normally, I wouldn't even consider a baby sooooo far away (we are in PA) but in this case, we have been planning a vacation to NC to visit friends who moved there... so with a little planning and coordination
1.gif
we timed the visit to the time the baby will be ready to go. So, on our last day there, we'll just swing by Gail's, scoop up our precious new little bundle of fur
30.gif
and then drive home (probably about 10 hours!
23.gif
) EEK, not loving that idea... but... I'll have a carrier with us, a litter pan, food, water, treats, and toys... we'll do fine, I'm sure! (Fingers, toes and whiskers crossed!
2.gif
)

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
I have just realised I haven''t shared my three little babies with you all!

fab cats.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2010 5:18:58 AM
Author: SapphireLover
I have just realised I haven''t shared my three little babies with you all!
OMG they are SO CUTE
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

We MUST have more pics of their adorable selves!!
9.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Well, I started a new thread about this, too... just because I couldn't help myself!!!
2.gif
But of course I just HAAAAAAAAAAAAD to update this one!

We chose our baby... and we've named him Bentley! He's only 7 weeks old right now, so we won't be able to bring him home for 5 more loooooon and torturous weeks! (Well, OK, 37 days!!!
2.gif
)

Here are some pictures of him. He's a blue lynx mitted, so he should have some NICE, *NAUGHTY* stripes!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Taken a few days ago:
Bentley_7weeks_a1jpg.jpg

These next three were taken just today!
36.gif

Bentley_7weeks_1.JPG

He looks so alert and NOSY in this one! LOVE it!
Bentley_7weeks_3.JPG

Little ANGEL!
12.gif

Bentley_7weeks_2.JPG

We are so happy and excited... for us AND BOO! OH, think of the FUN they will have!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG OMG OMG OMG Lynn he is SO IMPOSSIBLY PRECIOUS!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I have an uncontrollable urge to reach through the computer and scoop him up and cuddle his adorable, PRECIOUS little self!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Can''t wait to see/hear how he and big brother Boo get along - that face is just killing me!! TOO CUTE!!!
9.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OK, I''m going to have to update you guys every week, you know!!!

Here''s the scoop: Breeder takes pictures --> Breeder sends pictures to Lynn --> Lynn swoons and posts pictures on PS... repeat weekly!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Not only THAT, but it will be a nice "education" for potential Raggie parents to see how the kittens grow and change week-to-week those first few months... right???!!!
9.gif

So... our little Bentley is now 8 weeks old:

Bentley_Now_8_weeks_old.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results