shape
carat
color
clarity

Ragdoll "parents" -- this thread''s for you! Brag and post photos here!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
tyty,

OMG, I am in lovvveeee with those 2 babies! Like Lynn said they do look like Ragdolls. Please, please let us know if you decide on one. They are great kitties!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Lynn,

Just wanted to give you the update on last night. Seb
11.gif
tested us constantly, but we held strong. It looks like it is going to be a long road, but we will just keep up the ignoring and hopefully in a few months this will be a thing of the past!
16.gif

Thanks again,
Beechezz

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Lynn,

This pic is for you. I know you said Boo is not allowed on the table or countertops, but as you can see in our household Sebastian is quite content here, lol.

Seb09160901.jpg

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Lastly....the evil "my people can''t sleep" kitty named Sebastian, lol. He is so cute, but can be sooooo bad!

Seb091609.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, thank you so much Lynn and beechezz...I''m so glad they "look" like baby ragdolls and not siamese.
They are located in Florida. If anyone wants to meet me down here we can go check them out.
(one of them will be up for grabs!)

I will keep you posted. I waited to long to put my application in for the last kitty I was interested in
and he was adopted
8.gif
. Hopefully one of these will be mine and I can join the ragdoll thread
as a ragdoll like owner!

I''ll keep you posted!!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 3:32:45 PM
Author: beechezz
Lynn,

Just wanted to give you the update on last night. Seb
11.gif
tested us constantly, but we held strong. It looks like it is going to be a long road, but we will just keep up the ignoring and hopefully in a few months this will be a thing of the past!
16.gif

Thanks again,
Beechezz

Oh dear! I can well remember! And like I mentioned before, the day got darkest just before the dawn!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
Haha, that's my ever-so-philosophical
2.gif
attempt at saying that our problem did get WORSE before it got better.
23.gif
Boo seemed absolutely *TICKED OFF!* that we were ignoring him, and he did NOT like it. He was even more loud and persistant at first. I would lay in bed and count the meows... 40, 60, 80 or more! Can you imagine?! Like a baby crying, it was very stressful! Then after a few weeks of that, he basically just one day *stopped*! It was like he finally gave up! For a few days afterwards, he'd give a few *token* meows, but they didn't last!

So hang in there! The road ahead may not be quiiiiiite as long as it looks right now! I'm sure we are talking about WEEKS, not MONTHS!!!
1.gif

xoxox!
Lynn

PS Oh! He is incredibly gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
And Boo is very jealous that Sebastian is allowed on the kitchen counters! Haha! Boo says his mommy must love him BETTER!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
I said, "Now, Boo..."
2.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 4:23:07 PM
Author: tyty333
Oh, thank you so much Lynn and beechezz...I'm so glad they 'look' like baby ragdolls and not siamese.
They are located in Florida. If anyone wants to meet me down here we can go check them out.
(one of them will be up for grabs!)

I will keep you posted. I waited to long to put my application in for the last kitty I was interested in
and he was adopted
8.gif
. Hopefully one of these will be mine and I can join the ragdoll thread
as a ragdoll like owner!

I'll keep you posted!!!
Oh TyTy, you're welcome! As you already know, we are all things CAT CRAZEEE around here!

Have you seen the pictures of AG's handsome Oliver?
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
He's a rescue Raggie, too. And he is so wonderful!

I don't think you can go wrong with any of those little babies! I'm a LOOOONG way away or I would seriously consider taking you up on your offer to join you in Florida for a new kitty and lunch!!!
9.gif

Now, please go save one of those darling babies and keep us posted!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

[hugs!]
Lynn

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did see Oliver! He is quite the handsome dude and that tail is definitly something to
brag about
31.gif
! All these kittys are so beautiful. Hard to believe they would
turn up at the SPCA. I just hate to bring home one of those 2 kittys and find out
that it is a siamese which I think would be too wired for our family. With 3 kids we
need a laid back kitty.

Those 2 kittys are too young to come home so I may not know for a week or two
if I get one of them. Everyone keep their fingers crossed for me (please)!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 6:07:33 PM
I did see Oliver! He is quite the handsome dude and that tail is definitly something to
brag about
31.gif
turn up at the SPCA. I just hate to bring home one of those 2 kittys and find out
that it is a siamese which I think would be to wired for our family. With 3 kids we
need a laid back kitty.

I LOL''ed at your comment that Ollie''s tail is "definitely something to brag about"!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Yeah, around these parts, we are pretty darn proud of That Tail, that''s for sure!!!
9.gif

OK, I am far from any expert... as my only real-life experience has been one Ragdoll (Boo) and one Siamese many years ago! But I definitely don''t see any Siamese in ANY of those babies you posted. I think when most people see a pointed cat, they often just assume "Siamese!" -- end of story, period! And that''s just not so. Although, that being said, I LOVE Siamese cats... and my Suki was a purebred Siamese and one of the best, friendliest, MOST LAID BACK kitties, ever! She was a talker (that''s a trademark of Siamese) - and you could have entire "conversations" with her, which I loved and found hysterical! (And Ragdolls are supposed to be generally quieter... and Boo could talk the legs off a centipede! So much for generalizations!
2.gif
)

So I honestly wouldn''t worry too much about the possibility of any of the kitties being too high strung for your family! Well-loved kitties are so resilient and usually LOVE the action of a busy home.

Fingers, toes and paws crossed!!!
36.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 2:57:04 PM
Author: Lynn B

Date: 9/16/2009 1:06:37 PM
Same question about this kitty down in the front. They are calling him a ragdoll like blue lynx point male.
So ragdoll like or siamese like?

fam%20kitties%20resized.jpg
By the way, just had to mention -- that middle baby is quite the looker, too!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Hey, did you guys see the Dec. issue of Cat Fancy?
Featured... Raggies!
30.gif

Cat_Fancy_Dec_09._forPS_jpg.jpg

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
omg what a beautiful blue-bicolor! look at those eyes.
30.gif

ugh. why does my apartment not let FI and I have cats!?!
39.gif
I miss having furbabies... but you can bet that we''ll be getting a pair of fluffy hooligans asap!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 6:07:33 PM

brag about
31.gif

that it is a siamese which I think would be too wired for our family. With 3 kids we

need a laid back kitty.

Aww..thank you tyty - Mr. Oliver appreciates the compliment very much
2.gif
12.gif

His mommy has been very busy starting her new job, but with the holidays, I had a chance to bring out the SLR and take some pictures of my handsome little guy. They don''t translate super-well in low resolution, but I thought I''d share a few anyway.

First up, we like to call this "reposing in his own Tail" LOL
3.gif

OllieSLRpic9.jpeg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
And here he is contemplating a purple puff toy...

OllieSLRpic12.jpeg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
One of his sweet little kitten face...

OllieSLRpic11.jpeg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Contemplating his own furriness...

OllieSLRpic8.jpeg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
And lookit who else is in the box (that''s his sister, my little princess cat Gretchen)...

OllieSLRpic6.jpeg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Here he is flirting with the camera...

OllieSLRpic3.jpeg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Resplendent in his own fur on the bed

OllieSLRpic5.jpeg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
And finally one more portrait of my beautiful boy
30.gif
30.gif

OllieSLRpic2.jpeg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
bump - in case Ms. Lynn or any of our other Raggie lovers are around this morning
1.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I''m here, I''m here!!!
35.gif
9.gif

Just NOW saw these pictures of Ollie!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

OH! Soooooooo adorable! Oh, AG, he is such a handsome young man!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I especially love the "flirting with the camera" picture! That boy is a heart-melter!!!

xoxox!

Lynn

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Love the new pics of Ollie. I have to post some new ones soon! Happy New Year dear Ragdoll parents!
emotion-19.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
YAY - I''m so glad you guys like the new pictures of Mr. Ollie
9.gif
9.gif

I have a few more that I have to share - look where I caught him yesterday (we are leaving our tree up because my mom is coming to visit next weekend and she couldn''t be here for the holidays). Note that kitties are not allowed near the tree, usually:

OllieXMasPic2.jpeg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
How about a closer look at that cuteness??

OllieXMasPic3.jpeg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Looking up at the camera (LOVE his little face - how could I possibly be upset when he looked at me like this??)

OllieXMasPic4.jpeg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
And then, here''s the kicker - he started to get annoyed with me taking pictures, so I LEFT HIM ALONE to continue his nap. I''m such a huge sucker for that cat...
20.gif
3.gif
Love his annoyed face though (makes me LOL every time):

OllieXMasPic5.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results