shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant Table

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ksivad

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to follow up with my previous question about table size. I realize that table size does not necessarily dictate the size of the stone. Both stones I am looking at have basically the same measurements. My major concern is - will there be a difference in brilliance/fire between a radiant stone with a 63% table and one with a 69% table (all else being the same)? Thanks again for all the helpful advice.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
With a larger table like that you will probably get less fire and possible less scintillation, but it's not as pat with fancy shapes as with RBs.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Crown height has a lot to do with it. The higher the crown (which usually goes along with a smaller table), the longer the "prisms" created by the bezel facets are. Longer prisms create more "fire" (dispersed colored light return, the rainbow flashes).

As far as brilliance goes, if everything else is "equal" between the two stones, you probably wouldn't notice much difference in brilliance (white light return) between the two.

Crown height would definitely be helpful in making a decision. That, and a visual inspection. A visual inspection is the final word.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
I would agree with Richard

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
Check out the grading charts at
http://www.gemappraisers.com/chrt3.htm
Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results