shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant stat opinions please :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
Stock number: LD00209319

Carat weight 1.02

Cut: Very Good

Color: E

Clarity:VS2

Depth %:72.1%

Table %:73%

Symmetry:Good

Polish:Good

Girdle:Thin to thick

Culet: None

Fluorescence: None

Measurements: 6.46x5.23x3.77 mm

Length/width ratio 1.24

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
just ran the numbers myself in the gem appraisers diy grading report and the stone earned a 4A grade. How useful/accurate is this grading report in determining quality of diamond? I''m clueless about this part as of today...
33.gif
41.gif
...i''ll get better, but thanks for all your help in the meantime...

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Look for a stone with a depth and table UNDER 70% as a start. Then go out and see as many of them with those specs as possible, and see which ratio your eye likes best.

Don''t always rely on "cheaper is better" as sometimes "cheaper" is just that. Look at stones of different price ranges, but just LOOK at the stones. Negotiate later, once you found a look or stone you like. Check out the Originals to get a feel of the stone proportions.

AGA is helpful to narrow out the uglies, but past that whole under 70% thing, it''s really all on your eyes.

Good luck!

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
Nicrez and the other radiant advisors I have on this site
emsmilep.gif
, I contacted dbof, and jan says one will be available next week. She only has limited stats today, which are:

1.03 ct. VS2 E 6.66x5.23x3.6 68.8% depth 68 table EX VG

Lab report comes in next week....initial thoughts?

The carat weight is in the ball park, so is color (d-f) The depth and table are UNDER 70%...tried to enter into the diy cut grading program, but I need crown height. (is that only available on sarin report)?

Let me know guys...thanks

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Yes Chris, that''s a Sarin number. Also I think it can be estimated if you have a picture of the stone in profile, one can guesstimate the crown angle, by using a little tiny angle measurement (I have one for rounds, so I wonder if this methods works on rads.)

Once you have the crown angle and the table percentage (you have a 68% table on that stone), you can use a handy dandy chart to find the actual crown height. Again, this system is used for rounds, so I can''t begin to tell you if a Rad will have a crown angle that would fit in the rounds chart.

Other than that, you need a Sarin. I have a Radiant, and actually, I got all my stone''s measurements on the Original Radiant Certificate that came with the stone... mine''s 11.8%, and the ideal ranges they say is 7.5% to 15%...

I think you need to see the stone in order to like it. Again, shaped stones require being seen, so I hope it works out for you!

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
Nicrez,

I definitely plan on seeing any stone I intend on purchasing. I know about your search (In the process of reading ALL past ''radiant'' posts). I will ask for the sarin report next week...i am taking your advice and asking vendors to narrow down to depths/tables under 70%, etc. Will keep all updated and once again, thank you for all the info.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results