shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant Help Please!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JellyBellyJewels

Rough_Rock
Hi, I was hoping that someone out there with some knowledge of Radiant diamonds might be able to help me. I have purchased the following stone (fully refundable for full purchase price) and I am looking for some feeback as to whether or not this is a "good" stone or if there is anything I should be concerned about....

Just some background info first:
- I like Radiant stones that are more rectangle shape then square shape.
- I know the color J is pretty high, but I looked at it every which way (loose) compared to better color stones, and really couldnt see a difference.... the dealer said something about it being a better color face up- but I wasnt sure if he was just feeding me a line... nonetheless- after a close examination i think I am ok with the color of this particular stone....
- My budget for the stone was around $20K... give or take a few....

Here are the specifications:
Measurements: 8.69 x 7.83 x 5.03
Carat Weight: 2.72
Color: J
Clarity: VVS2
Depth: 64.2%
Table: 65%
Girdle: Medium
Cutlet: Very Small
Polish/Symm: Good
Fluores: None

Any help would be SOOO wonderful!!!
Thanks in advance!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it sounds like you have done some good comparisons and really like this diamond. that says a lot! i would enjoy your new diamond!
36.gif
(maybe you could take some pics and post them here?
20.gif
9.gif
)

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
It looks like you did good. Please post some pictures when you can!! Now, what about the setting??
Btw, I have an H and cannot see the color, and I'm pretty sensitive. This J of yours sounds fabulous. If anything, I think a little winter white in a radiant would be charming--kind of like an antique rose (flower).

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The cut parameters definitely have potential. As others have said a picture would really help to say more. As long as you are fine with the J color, then that really isn''t a problem and you will be getting a great value. I don''t mind J''s in rounds, but they show a little more than I''d like in a radiant.

By the way, the jeweler wasn''t feeding you a line about face up color. Typically stones show most of their color from the side, and it is especially true with well-cut rounds that face up they look whiter.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results