Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant Help Please!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JellyBellyJewels

Rough_Rock
Hi, I was hoping that someone out there with some knowledge of Radiant diamonds might be able to help me. I have purchased the following stone (fully refundable for full purchase price) and I am looking for some feeback as to whether or not this is a "good" stone or if there is anything I should be concerned about....

Just some background info first:
- I like Radiant stones that are more rectangle shape then square shape.
- I know the color J is pretty high, but I looked at it every which way (loose) compared to better color stones, and really couldnt see a difference.... the dealer said something about it being a better color face up- but I wasnt sure if he was just feeding me a line... nonetheless- after a close examination i think I am ok with the color of this particular stone....
- My budget for the stone was around $20K... give or take a few....

Here are the specifications:
Measurements: 8.69 x 7.83 x 5.03
Carat Weight: 2.72
Color: J
Clarity: VVS2
Depth: 64.2%
Table: 65%
Girdle: Medium
Cutlet: Very Small
Polish/Symm: Good
Fluores: None

Any help would be SOOO wonderful!!!
Thanks in advance!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it sounds like you have done some good comparisons and really like this diamond. that says a lot! i would enjoy your new diamond!
(maybe you could take some pics and post them here?
)

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
It looks like you did good. Please post some pictures when you can!! Now, what about the setting??
Btw, I have an H and cannot see the color, and I'm pretty sensitive. This J of yours sounds fabulous. If anything, I think a little winter white in a radiant would be charming--kind of like an antique rose (flower).

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The cut parameters definitely have potential. As others have said a picture would really help to say more. As long as you are fine with the J color, then that really isn''t a problem and you will be getting a great value. I don''t mind J''s in rounds, but they show a little more than I''d like in a radiant.

By the way, the jeweler wasn''t feeding you a line about face up color. Typically stones show most of their color from the side, and it is especially true with well-cut rounds that face up they look whiter.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.