shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant for 10K -- how large?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vivosogno

Rough_Rock
how large of a decent radiant could i get for 10K -- I want something at least 1.5 carats is that possible?

what about for a 2 carat radiant -- how much $$

thoughts ideas?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
definitely the 1.5, I don''t think 2 is possible.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm... with radiants, you could have two stones, one 1.5cts, one 2 cts looking exactly the same size face up, both considered well cut. The size for any weight varies quite a it. I would definitely consider the actual size of the stones aside weight when looking for one, if size matters.

Something between 1.5 and 2 cts should be feasible - thinking Si1 and G-I color. This cut doesn''t show inclusions all that much... ''guess that eye clean SI shouldn''t be any harder to find than it is among rounds (about that, there is allot of positive press on this forum). And even though the radiant cut is favored for fancy color diamonds to improve their apparent color, the proportions used for colorless and near colorless radiants are very different and do not show any more tinted than other fancies (less than the spreadier pears and marquises, IMO).

My 2c
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of the radiants listed now on the database here, three seem rather large for their weight... Keeping in mind that numbers tell about a third of the story (the rest, including brilliance, and how much inclusions 'show' or don't remain to be seen along with the stones, of course).

Each of these is listed by multiple sellers - as usual for these virtual goods:

#1.
Carat weight: 1.63
Size: 8.40 x 5.85 mm
GIA grades: G /SI1
Depth %: 65.5
Table %: 65
Finish: G/VG
Cost: ~$8500

#2.
Carat weight: 1.7
Size: 7.80 x 6.15 mm
GIA grades: G /SI1
Depth %: 71.9
Table %: 63
Finish: G/VG
Cost: ~$9500

#3.
Carat weight: 2,13
Size: 7.86 x 6.71 mm
GIA grades: H /SI1
Depth %: 70.2
Table %: 67
Finish: VG/VG
Cost: ~$9800

Btw. the relation between depth and size doesn't quite hold for these - a couple more details of the cut also affect size, and more so than total depth. Of these, the girdle width makes quite a bit of difference and appears on the lab report. The others do not. Bottom line, it is easier for me to look at diameter for 'size' rather then guess anything about depth etc.

Edited to add:
Now, there could be larger 2 carat-ish things out there (e.g. link, don't understand how BN gives its 'cut rating' - pretty random stuff), worth looking for one, IMO, but it may take a bit of luck and looking around for a 'spready' radiant that looks great in the sparkle department as well.

You might want to give a sot to the 'Originals' as well. try www.radiantcut.com. I only know one shop that lists these online (HERE).

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Comparing sizes and shapes... they''d look like this:

csrad.JPG

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,
I just posted a pic in your other thread about prices, and my radiant is 1.5 and I got it for $6000 from the diamond district in Toronto. I think it is definately possible, depending on what your "wants" are in clarity and color.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
v- did you get your boyfriend to turn around? spill?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results