shape
carat
color
clarity

radiant cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChiGirl

Rough_Rock
My fiance and I recently upgraded my center stone to a larger diamond. I was looking at the ideal table, depth, girdle, (etc) stats for a radiant cut stone and those of a princess cut and I have a question.Here are the specs that I have on the diamond that we are purchasing...Desc. Cut-cornered rectangular modified Brillant. 6.75x6.43x4.32 Depth 67.2% Table 80% Girdle Extremely Thin to thin, Culet none. finish good/good. H-VS1 no fluorescence.My major concerns are the table % (is this way high?) I was looking at the specs for Princess and the ideal table was larger, since my stone is more square (which is what I wanted) is a table of 80% OK?? and the girdle size....I am also concerned about that, should I be really worried about that? I don't do any hard work with my hands, and take off my ring if I do!!What do you think?Thanks

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am happy with the limited info we have to work from that this stone will be an very good looker (from some diamcalc images i made of it).
The guy who wrote the book is Dave Atlas or alias Oldminer.
You can send your stone to him for an expert opinion.
Garry

ChiGirl

Rough_Rock
Garry,We picked up the ring the other night....it is a VERY good looker!! It has a lot of fire and was actually guessed to be in the colorless range by another jeweler. It is amazingly beautiful. Thanks for looking that info up. I appreciate it!!Nicole

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
ChiGirl, I think that if you like the stone and feel comfortable with the jeweler it is all that counts.Enjoy your stone!
smile.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi ChiGirl,Perhaps you've already have seen AGA charts for radiant and princess shapes: http://www.gemappraisers.com/chrt3.htm and http://www.gemappraisers.com/chrt4.htm. As you can see there is no “ideal” proportions defined for the fancy shape diamonds because there are more factors affected diamond appearance than for the roundsYou correctly pointed out the “week” points:80% table can be considered as large according to AGA classification. Although you are not planning to do any hard work with your hands, extremely thin girdle is the potential threat for chipping and thus can be considered as negative factor.Unfortunately it is difficult to say much more without examining the stone by an expert. If you like the diamond and price is good you might don’t want to worry about it at all. Otherwise, you can use the service of professional independent appraiser.hope it helps
smile.gif

ChiGirl

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your response!! Looking at the diamond before we had it set, I would have to say that it was beautiful and had lots of brilliance and fire! We have a guarantee with the jeweler that if the stone ever chips, cracks or falls out of the setting due to a rpong breaking, etc. they will replace the stone. I just have to go in from time to time to have it checked out and cleaned...I will also get it appraised by an independent jeweler that I know. Thanks for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results