shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant Cut?. Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tinman1412

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I''ve been reading the buyer''s guide from http://www.diamondguide.net/
It talks about the table and depth, but only for round diamonds. I''m ready to buy a diamond online but I want a "Radiant" not round. Can someone provide input as to the best cut for radiant. What table and Depth % should I make sure it falls under.

Thanks

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi and welcome
35.gif
We are fortunate to have here RADIANTMAN, whose Father invented the Radiant cut and David from Diamonds By Lauren, these are great experts who with a little time will answer your questions. Opinions vary widely with Radiants so see what these guys say.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I know many people don''t like to follow any guidelines for depth and table when purchasing radiants, but for me, if I''m purchasing online, I like to use something as a guideline for choosing a radiant. If I were looking at them in stores, I might not be so picky about numbers, but online without any real opportunity to see the diamond until you buy it, numbers can be helpful. David Atlas has come up with some good guidelines for radiants as well as other fancy shape diamonds. You can go to his website at www.gemappraisers.com click on Old AGA Cut Grade Charts and Rules on the left side of the page, then click on radiant in the box at the top right. That will give you some guidelines if you are purchasing your radiant online.

RADIANTMAN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi Tinman

Unfortunately, there''s no proportion formula you can apply for radiants which will guaranty you a beautiful stone. Radiants must be seen to be fully evaluated. Proportion standards can be used to rule out radiants with obvious problems, but you still need to see the stone. At our company, we apply stringent proportion requirements, but ultimately, each diamond is also examined the old fashioned way - visually - in order to ensure that it has the proper life.

If you don''t get to see the stone live before you buy, make sure you buy from a vendor you trust who has specific expertise in radiants. Ultimately, you are trusting the eyes of the vendor to help you make the choice.

Remember that many diamonds available on the internet are "data base" listings that the vendor hasn''t actually seen. Beware opinions offered by vendors who haven''t seen the stone. Until the vendor gains posession of the diamond and actually examines it, they can only guess about what it may look like.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results