shape
carat
color
clarity

radiant cut advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SYR

Rough_Rock
I have a princess that I am looking at trading up. I am looking at getting a radiant cut because of the rectangular shape. My jeweler suggests a rectangular princess instead because he says radiants are not desired my many. He claims they are hard to find and the one he has found me is a 2.63 ct G color SI1 for 24K. I think that is outrageous. I need your help. What do you think of a rectangular princess?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/7/2004 1:38:32 AM
Author:SYR
What do you think of a rectangular princess?

Nice thing, slightly out of fashion. You will find lots of posts askign if this or that princess is "square enough" and almost no mention of rectangular ones. There is usually a discount for the non-square princess cuts.

There is some reason for such discrimination, IMO. The large pavilion facets on the traditional square princess cut may look like straight glass on the long sides of a rectangular shape. You will definitely see right through them down the table at the slightest tilt. This may or may not happen - it really depends if the facet arangement was adapted to the shape (sometimes this is the case) and the proportions of the stone. A deep cut made just like a square princess but long, sounds like a waste of diamond rough to me... but, miracles happen.
2.gif

Not often though: there are just a few rectangular princess cust out fo hundreds and hundreds listed in every size and color (try a search - the search engine at WF allows to select length / width and has access to allot of stones if not the same whole lot as Pricescope). I bet most jeweler would avoid them if they could. Not popular.... Radiants of similar specs are everywhere.

Is there any way we could see this rectangular princess ? Or at least it's stats.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results