shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant-Color (how low)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jenna51580gr

Shiny_Rock
I decided that I am going to continue looking for a Radiant
34.gif
and not give up. So what is the lowest color you would go for in a Radiant (E, F, G, H? Also which lab certificate would you use (GIA, AGA EGL..) I would also like to hear from people who have Radiants what there radaint specs are.
36.gif
I have looked on the Orignal Radiant Cut I found there diamonds too be really expensive I mean they were more than Rounds in the 2 carat range. I always thought that Round 2ct were more than Radiant 2ct maybe I am wrong?
33.gif
I like the orignal Radiant Cut "crushed ice look", what is the jeweler term for that?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Often fancy coloured diamonds are cut into Radiants shapes, precisely because this shape does show colour well ( think JLo's 6 ct fancy pink from Ben Affleck!) However in the white diamond range, some who have purchased Radiants say they make their cut off point a GIA H for example. But the best way is to try to see some for yourself with a similar size and grading report and colour grade, so you know what your own tolerances are. Looking at Radiants on a computer monitor also isn't very helpful unfortunately, so it is best if you could see some in person. Also GIA and AGS reports are considered to be the strongest for grading.

Regarding the crushed ice look, you need to work with your vendor and get photos so that he can find you some with the look you like. Also the numbers give you a place to start but you need to see a Radiant to properly judge it so along with your vendor's expertise it would be useful to have.

An ASET image which helps determine light performance
An Idealscope image to check for light leakage
Photographs of the actual diamond.

Also here is a chart to give you an idea of the numbers for a point of reference.

http://diamonds.pricescope.com/fnc2.asp

Thread for ASET here - https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ags-grading-system-aset-angular-spectrum-evaluation-tool.30509/

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a GIA graded G/SI1 radiant with the crushed glass look. Whiteflash sourced it for me and it looks very white to me. I was also concerned about the color showing in radiants. If you can, I would check out some different color radiants in person. If not, I''d probably make H your cut off point.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I have a GIA graded radiant with the crushed ice look. When I was looking, I could easily tell the difference between the D-E-F-G choices but any of them "looked white enough to me." In the end I got an F and it is very white....much whiter than the majority of the diamonds I see in my area.

For the record, I do not have an Original Cut Radiant either. Radiants vary a lot and stats don''t mean everything on them. You really need to see them. The biggest issue I found with radiants is they tend to be cut deeper which means a lot of the carat weight is carried where you don''t see it.

Jenna51580gr

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for everyone''s reply so far, it''s been very helpful in my hunt for a Radiant.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results