shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick! Which super ideal would you choose based on this video?

cottoncandy

Rough_Rock
Happy Sunday!! Dear PS, you’ve been so helpful, I’d appreciate if you all could let me know which diamond you’d choose based on this video I just took.

Here we have two super ideal stones from different well-known PS vendors. Basically I’m hoping for a tie breaker from the community based on light performance. I’ll post specs later ;)) I’m having a hard time choosing because there are many pros and cons...

Please watch the video here:

Attachments

• 59D2677E-5D81-433C-BF4A-A1970BD01278.jpeg
    59D2677E-5D81-433C-BF4A-A1970BD01278.jpeg
    148.2 KB · Views: 52
  • D16B8650-F423-49D5-AA8C-A1BB2819652B.jpeg
    D16B8650-F423-49D5-AA8C-A1BB2819652B.jpeg
    148.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 04AB47CC-8D32-455A-8514-6F53F512A168.jpeg
    04AB47CC-8D32-455A-8514-6F53F512A168.jpeg
    150.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

DickyB89

Rough_Rock
Probably splitting hairs and I know nothing but seeing if I can take a stab and be right. I see a little more liveliness out of the left? Could be the light source however.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I seem to be more attracted to the one on the right but I think it may be because it looks bigger. They both seem to be pretty equal until the sun
hit them and it seemed like the one on the left had a few more flashes but according to the shadowy area I dont think the sun was hitting them
equally so not a fair comparison???

Edit...both beautiful stones!

cottoncandy

Rough_Rock
Probably splitting hairs and I know nothing but seeing if I can take a stab and be right. I see a little more liveliness out of the left? Could be the light source however.

Thanks! I feel like I’m splitting hairs at this point too.

I seem to be more attracted to the one on the right but I think it may be because it looks bigger. They both seem to be pretty equal until the sun
hit them and it seemed like the one on the left had a few more flashes but according to the shadowy area I dont think the sun was hitting them
equally so not a fair comparison???

Edit...both beautiful stones!

Thanks for watching my video. I tried my best to make things equal but it was challenging getting all the angles right. Hard to tell which one is more fiery.

EvaEvans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The smaller one on left is the better one.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They are both stunning, but the one on the left seems a bit livelier to my eyes. I don't think you can go wrong with either one, though! :love:

crbl999

Brilliant_Rock
The left appears to have more fire, but it is also more centered in the video. I would want to see two separate videos where the diamond is in the middle of the frame on each to make the comparison more even.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right is the one that grabs my attention, possibly due to being slightly larger. As other said, we are likely splitting hairs. If there is a significant price difference, I would pick the cheaper.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I want both!

But, the one on the right stood out to me more

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Both are gorgeous. Assuming that the light source is equally applied and the camera angle same or similar, the one on the left seems a little bit more lively and fiery. The right one appears bigger, so that's a plus, and it's still very lively and sparkly. I say go bigger.

cottoncandy

Rough_Rock
:lol-2:Here’s another video. I tried to make them more centered and equal.

That’s 5 votes for the left because it’s more lively, though my first video may have been biased because that one was in the middle. 3 votes for the one on right, which is bigger.

The one on the right is bigger but about $400 cheaper

EDIT: the one on the right is actually $1000 cheaper.

Last edited:

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the one on the right because to me it looks like the arrows are thicker AND it’s larger lol

Both are gorgeous!

Edited to add: just saw he second photo, I can totally understand the dilemma you are facing. It’s a great one to have but geez they are both so nice. I still say go bigger plus saving money is nice lol

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look identical to me, get the bigger one.

Matilda

Shiny_Rock
wow both are stunning..but maybe get the bigger/cheaper(ish) and channel the leftover 400$ into wedding band of your dream!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like left! Both are great.

cottoncandy

Rough_Rock
Here are the specs and my dilemma :confused:

Left
2.010 H SI2
8.18mm diameter
Strong relationship with their team, better upgrade (no restrictions) and buy back policy

Right
2.228 J VS1 with SBF
8.35mm diameter
$1000 cheaper
Haven’t engaged much with their team

To my eyes, they look basically the same color. Also, I’m a size queen and will probably want to upgrade to 9mm in a couple years.

Last edited:
Reactions: AV_

Matilda

Shiny_Rock
is there a reason you do not have a strong relationship with the second diamond's team? could this be improved on ? or is that just the way that vendor works? have you heard any reviews of both or either of the vendors?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both amazing, but I would choose the right one from the video (which I saw before you posted specs). To my eye the color looks very similar, but my eye was drawn to the right one slightly more than the left.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's hard to determine whether one is attracted to either one because of their location within the picture (taking into account western versus eastern reading/writing directions) or whether there really is a visible difference.

I like it, though - by not stating the origin of each, you are forcing us to use our eyes and remove any bias we might have towards a particular 'brand' :)

For me, I was drawn to the left one in the first video but that might have been because it was more central. The second video was harder to determine any differences - I wonder if the diamond on the left is a little 'crisper' / sharper in terms of facet definition, but that could be camera focus issues at work. The right one seems to be a bit more lively - but that could be longer LGFs giving smaller light events more often??

I think it's fair to say that both look great and you won't be disappointed with either!

If you are likely to upgrade, though, the 'no restrictions' upgrade policy from the left-hand vendor would seem to make sense.

(Is the left one seriously an SI2, though?? :oI would never have guessed that!)

Last edited:

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you are going to upgrade later then go with the one with a better upgrade policy

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Number 1 for color and upgrade

crbl999

Brilliant_Rock
Here are the specs and my dilemma :confused:

Left
2.010 H SI2
8.18mm diameter
Strong relationship with their team, better upgrade (no restrictions) and buy back policy

Right
2.228 J VS1 with SBF
8.35mm diameter
$1000 cheaper
Haven’t engaged much with their team

To my eyes, they look basically the same color. Also, I’m a size queen and will probably want to upgrade to 9mm in a couple years.

CBI vs BGD Blue?

cottoncandy

Rough_Rock
Left is a CBI from HPD.
Right is a BGD Blue.

is there a reason you do not have a strong relationship with the second diamond's team? could this be improved on ? or is that just the way that vendor works? have you heard any reviews of both or either of the vendors?

Mainly omission — I didn’t really give BGD a chance. I simply purchased that diamond outright without any questions.

Regarding the first diamond’s team, HPD, I have asked so many questions over the course of a few months now...The level of service and patience is really something special.

It's hard to determine whether one is attracted to either one because of their location within the picture (taking into account western versus eastern reading/writing directions) or whether there really is a visible difference.

I like it, though - by not stating the origin of each, you are forcing us to use our eyes and remove any bias we might have towards a particular 'brand' :)

For me, I was drawn to the left one in the first video but that might have been because it was more central. The second video was harder to determine any differences - I wonder if the diamond on the left is a little 'crisper' / sharper in terms of facet definition, but that could be camera focus issues at work. The right one seems to be a bit more lively - but that could be longer LGFs giving smaller light events more often??

I think it's fair to say that both look great and you won't be disappointed with either!

If you are likely to upgrade, though, the 'no restrictions' upgrade policy from the left-hand vendor would seem to make sense.

(Is the left one seriously an SI2, though?? :oI would never have guessed that!)

Thanks for taking such a close look!!! It’s interesting that PSers have called out both as being more lively. In person it’s also really hard to tell. And yes it really is an SI2. Twinning wisps under crown facets are truly a blessing! I like to think of them as wispy unicorn hairs :cool2:

If you are going to upgrade later then go with the one with a better upgrade policy

Thanks for your advice!! The upgrade policy is really important.

Number 1 for color and upgrade

Thank you @AprilBaby ! Appreciate your input

CBI vs BGD Blue?

How’d you know? ;))

Reactions: AV_

Matilda

Shiny_Rock
okay yeah I was just trying to figure out if it was vendors signature or just circumstantial.

Nonetheless, it sounds like you have made your choice so congratulations on that beauty!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope it makes you happy every day!

cottoncandy

Rough_Rock
Surprise! I’ve actually reached a decision and it’s a dark horse!

The answer is neither of the stones because HPD has just informed me of a “Now being crafted” CBI that is absolutely perfect and fulfills my criteria. It’s even larger than both of the mystery diamonds. I am truly blessed :kiss2:

Thanks everyone so much for your input. I’ve learned so much. Without you all, I would have a much smaller non-super ideal because my original specs going into the whole process was DEF VVS2...

Looking forward to posting a more detailed review of my experience, and of course the final ring when I receive it in a few months :dance:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In terms of performance I don’t see any appreciable difference. The light in the videos is just ideal but that isn’t the whole story. You would need to look at them in different lighting situations too to see if one looks better to you than another. If I thought I would upgrade I would surely go with the vendor with the best policy.

Junc80

Rough_Rock
One on right seemed to sparkle more initially before the sun light started hitting the stones but after the sun light the one on left seemed to have more colored flashes... I dont know if it's due to external lighting factors. Both are beautiful.

One thing I noticed from both videos is the colors that seemed like rain bows? Like purple, blue, green, yellow... Is it just me or perhaps my phone? I am guessing that the colors look diff in video due to it being captured on video and being watched Samsung note 8? Is it this way for others or just me? :shock:

cottoncandy

Rough_Rock
One thing I noticed from both videos is the colors that seemed like rain bows? Like purple, blue, green, yellow... Is it just me or perhaps my phone? I am guessing that the colors look diff in video due to it being captured on video and being watched Samsung note 8? Is it this way for others or just me? :shock:

Yes they really are rainbows! There’s this one spot in my house where diamonds throw off incredible fire (rainbows) when it’s sunny out with blue skies. The trick is standing with a window to my back, with the blinds drawn so there’s horizontal stripes of sunlight and shade.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Surprise! I’ve actually reached a decision and it’s a dark horse!

The answer is neither of the stones because HPD has just informed me of a “Now being crafted” CBI that is absolutely perfect and fulfills my criteria. It’s even larger than both of the mystery diamonds. I am truly blessed :kiss2:

Thanks everyone so much for your input. I’ve learned so much. Without you all, I would have a much smaller non-super ideal because my original specs going into the whole process was DEF VVS2...

Looking forward to posting a more detailed review of my experience, and of course the final ring when I receive it in a few months :dance:

awesome! congrats! You won't be disappointed with your CBI, trust me!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results