shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick! Which super ideal would you choose based on this video?

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
Could be a technique called DIFFRACTION GRATINGS
Micro cuts to enhance fire and approved by GIA.
Worth asking if it is used.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Surprise! I’ve actually reached a decision and it’s a dark horse!

The answer is neither of the stones because HPD has just informed me of a “Now being crafted” CBI that is absolutely perfect and fulfills my criteria. It’s even larger than both of the mystery diamonds. I am truly blessed :kiss2:

Thanks everyone so much for your input. I’ve learned so much. Without you all, I would have a much smaller non-super ideal because my original specs going into the whole process was DEF VVS2...

Looking forward to posting a more detailed review of my experience, and of course the final ring when I receive it in a few months :dance:

yay, what will the specs be?

cottoncandy

Rough_Rock
yay, what will the specs be?

2.3ct AGS H SI1, and a “high SI1” at that. :love::love::love:

The diamonds look rainbow-y in my videos because of the lighting, that’s all. As far as I know, I don’t think any CBI or BGD stones were cut with that technique.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Nope, BGD and CBI don't use that (and if they did, it would be disclosed). I strongly dislike what those looks like. They look really "splintery" to me, and much less appealing than the "traditional" super ideal style. My guess is that they use this to make less ideal diamonds sparkle more. To each their own, but not my cup of tea, and certainly not how either of the companies above work.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am happy for you that you made a decision and it was a third stone with better color/clarity! I personally wouldn't have wanted SI2 or J color, so I wouldn't have been able to choose between the two orginal stones. Before I saw you had made a decision, I wondered whether you had checked Whiteflash, because they have some nice H-I VS2 stones in the 2-2.4 ct range that I would have chosen over the original two.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your diamond will be fabulous. I am late on the videos but i don't think either diamond would disappoint.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My eyes went to the left one in both videos. I’m glad you’re getting a better spec stone from CBI. It will have that same personality as the original CBI, but with bigger dimensions and more whiteness (and no fluorescence (which I love, but that J looked too blue (to me))) and better clarity.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You have made an outstanding choice, and I am so excited for you!! Please keep us posted once you have your new stone!!

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@cottoncandy I have been following your journey and I remember that you had started a thread asking about a super pretty OEC a while back. What made you go back to the MRB universe? I personally love both and wish I could have one of each!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats, very happy for you. Great choice too. Welcome to the CBI family.

The diamonds look rainbow-y in my videos because of the lighting, that’s all. As far as I know, I don’t think any CBI or BGD stones were cut with that technique.

Congrats, great choice, very happy for you.
Welcome to the CBI family.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I own a CBI and could tell the one on the left was a CBI due to more pronounced dark/light facet contrast and what I describe as “deep sudden laser flashes of light”.

I think both stones you presented were very pretty but would have chosen the lighter color, less included, non strong blue fluorescence, only because of the perceived value difference, not because of real performance issues.

I would also go bigger and lighter, like you’ve decided, if that’s where you eventually wanted to be...

Congratulations, I can’t wait to see your new CBI diamond. I think you will be very pleased with it, it will be spectacular!!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I own a CBI and could tell the one on the left was a CBI due to more pronounced dark/light facet contrast and what I describe as “deep sudden laser flashes of light”.

I think both stones you presented were very pretty but would have chosen the lighter color, less included, non strong blue fluorescence, only because of the perceived value difference, not because of real performance issues.

I would also go bigger and lighter, like you’ve decided, if that’s where you eventually wanted to be...

Congratulations, I can’t wait to see your new CBI diamond. I think you will be very pleased with it, it will be spectacular!!

“Deep sudden laser flashes of light”.... you know, it’s funny, when I see mine, it’s really crazy—I expect sound or should be associated with it, it’s so intense at times. Almost as if Pop Rocks are going off in my mouth, lol. :lol: Someone needs to video THAT!!

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock

Hi! I’m actually considering the BGD Blue you passed on! I’m concerned about the J color as I never thought I’d go below I. How did you feel about it in person? Was it yellow! Overall was it a beautiful stone and you just went another direction? Thank you!

cottoncandy

Rough_Rock
Hi! I’m actually considering the BGD Blue you passed on! I’m concerned about the J color as I never thought I’d go below I. How did you feel about it in person? Was it yellow! Overall was it a beautiful stone and you just went another direction? Thank you!

Ooooooh that was SUCH a beautiful stone. I saw that it was still available a week or two ago and I was surprised it hadn't been snapped up yet. I went in another direction because I wanted something bigger...

It did not seem yellow to me — I couldn't tell the color difference between that and the CBI H diamond. However, I'm not very color sensitive, so take it with a grain of salt.

cottoncandy

Rough_Rock
@cottoncandy I have been following your journey and I remember that you had started a thread asking about a super pretty OEC a while back. What made you go back to the MRB universe? I personally love both and wish I could have one of each!

@prbaglady Several months ago, I fell in love with the chunky facets of the OEC cut. I actually looked at many different AVRs...I spent over $800 on shipping to see a bunch of them :lol:

In the end I wasn't able to find the right combination of size, price, and cut that I wanted. Eventually I'd like to get a 3ct AVR when I can afford it!

Reactions: AV_

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooooh that was SUCH a beautiful stone. I saw that it was still available a week or two ago and I was surprised it hadn't been snapped up yet. I went in another direction because I wanted something bigger...

It did not seem yellow to me — I couldn't tell the color difference between that and the CBI H diamond. However, I'm not very color sensitive, so take it with a grain of salt.

Thank you so much I really appreciate your response!

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
Just for my two cents ... my eye was drawn to the one on the right. Too lazy to analyze why, but I would have voted for that one.
No matter .... I’m sure you'll be thrilled with the CBI! Congrats!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I pick the one on the right. To me the difference in performance is negligible but the difference in size is not. I can tell the right is bigger and the flashes on the right look bigger to me. Right. Since you didn’t choose either I am looking forward to your final ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results