shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick Question on H&A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
This might be a stupid question and I apologize in advance if it is. Is an AGS0 always a H&A? Or is a H&A always an AGS0? Both? Neither? I''ve tried reading up on the H&A but I haven''t found anything very clear on this and its something I''ve been wondering about. Thanks in adavance.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2006 1:23:06 PM
Author:XChick03
This might be a stupid question and I apologize in advance if it is. Is an AGS0 always a H&A? Or is a H&A always an AGS0? Both? Neither? I''ve tried reading up on the H&A but I haven''t found anything very clear on this and its something I''ve been wondering about. Thanks in adavance.

AGS0 isn''t necessarily H&A. H&A is always an AGS0. ((right?))
1.gif

plg_cp

Rough_Rock
I believe you can have either one without the other. AGS000 now refers to Light Performance, Proportions and Finish (Polish and Symmetry).

H&A on the other hand, is a product of excellent Optical Symmetry. When labs grade symmetry, they are looking at Meet Point Symmetry (facet junctions meeting equally) as opposed to Optical Symmetry (patterning).

The difference in the definition of symmetry is at least part of the reason why you can have Ideal cut rating without H&A and vice versa.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results