shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick question for you fine folks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
I have been lurking here for several months now, and I must say that you all are a great group of people. Very supportive and knowledgeable! The time has come to purchase a diamond, and my BF has decided to give me the honors of choosing a stone. He would really like to buy from blue nile, and since it is his hard earned cash, I will respect his wishes.

I of course, jumped right in and began looking. I was hoping to get some opinions on two stones that I currently have on hold at blue nile. Both round stones, both GIA certified.

First:

1.21 carat
Ideal
J color
VS-2 clarity
table- 57%
depth- 60.9
girdle- thin to medium
crown angle- 35
pavilion angle- 40.6
HCA 0.8

Second:

1.22 carat
Ideal
J color
VS-2 clarity
table- 54
depth-62
girdle- thin to medium
crown angle- 34.5
pavilion angle- 41
HCA 1.9

I understand the general consensus here regarding Bluenile, since you cannot see pics of the actual stone, but I have heard great things about them as a company, so I trust that I will get a good product from them. Upgrading is not important to me, and I feel safe with their 30 day return policy.

Please let me know what additional info you might need from me! I really appreciate any and all feedback!

One more thing; do I need to be worried about an August 2008 date on the GIA report? Any reason it might be sitting around all this time?

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Can''t fid these on BN. Can you post the links?

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Sure thing. Hopefully I do it right....

http://www.bluenile.com/round-diamond-1-carat-ideal-cut-j-color-vs2-clarity_LD01457780?__fun_frm=i&filter_id=0

http://www.bluenile.com/round-diamond-1-carat-ideal-cut-j-color-vs2-clarity_LD01081028?__fun_frm=i&filter_id=0

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
oops, sorry

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
I know its late, but is there anyone out there who can share their knowledge??? I''m antsy.....
2.gif

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Out of those two I would go for the 1.21. They appear nearly identical but there are a couple of reasons I would go for the 1.21. I like that it is a bit more round, slightly less expensive, and doesn't have any feathers around the girdle. BlueNile does have nice diamonds, they are just kinda ruthless and faceless.
28.gif

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your response Diamond Explorer. I was leaning more towards #1 as well.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2009 1:23:57 AM
Author: girlface
Thank you for your response Diamond Explorer. I was leaning more towards #1 as well.
Both diamonds have decent proportions, I would probably pick the first - but really I would much prefer images such as ASET to evaluate these diamonds, but BN won''t provide them regrettably.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Prefer the 1.21c, safer proportion given the lack of IS/ASET.

EDT:
Nothing wrong with a stone graded on Aug 2008. Not that long on the shelf anyway for diamonds.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to mention the date on the report, no problem there - in the scheme of things that isn''t old at all.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your replies. I too, wish that I could see the IS/ASET images. Are these something that will ever be provided with a stone purchase from blue nile?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2009 8:42:53 AM
Thank you for your replies. I too, wish that I could see the IS/ASET images. Are these something that will ever be provided with a stone purchase from blue nile?
I don''t know if that is something that BN are considering for the future, I suppose if enough buyers request them then maybe they might see the value in offering them sometime.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 8:42:53 AM
My guess is that it''s unlikely.

Folks who want those images typically schedule an appointment during their inspection period with an appraiser who provides those images. That''s the best way I''d know to get them when buying from a vendor who doesn''t supply them.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for your posts! I think he went ahead and purchased the 1.21 carat. Hopefully it will be a keeper!
25.gif

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
post some pictures, when its done. I bet its a beauty
1.gif

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Diamond Explorer. I will definitely post pictures when all is said and done, probably in a few weeks/months (I''m hoping more like weeks......)
3.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Thank You!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results