shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick Compare: 1.37F vs 1.5H

EvaEvans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
No doubt, the 1.37 F VS1 is your right choice!

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How does JA have an ACA?

I normally pick size over color but ACA all the way here!

Krisking

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'd pick the 1.37 F.

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With a Nov dated cert? If JA had recertified it, wouldn’t they lose the branding on the cert?
If you pull the cert from AGS it does not have the ACA banding. This stone was discussed in another thread, I am not sure if OP first saw it there.
358F033E-8577-4150-B6B7-DB0AC527F3B1.jpeg

ichibanichiban

Rough_Rock
Premium
If you pull the cert from AGS it does not have the ACA banding. This stone was discussed in another thread, I am not sure if OP first saw it there.

Can you link to the other thread you are referring to? I did not see it. Also, why would the certificates be different - the JA one is also missing the additional ASET image?

lalala

Brilliant_Rock

Bottom right of the report has "Original Replacement" and the report posted on JA w/ACA has "Original".

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you link to the other thread you are referring to? I did not see it. Also, why would the certificates be different - the JA one is also missing the additional ASET image?

I am not sure which was the other post, however if you picked that stone, it is a beautiful diamond and you scored by finding it on JA because it is thousands cheaper compared to an ACA from WF.

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just a theory: remember when someone found a JA stone that had a
Cert indicating it was a BG Black? AGS made a mistake. Maybe the same happened here

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a theory: remember when someone found a JA stone that had a
Cert indicating it was a BG Black? AGS made a mistake. Maybe the same happened here
Hm.. interesting.. This should be easily solvable by calling WF and asking them if the AGS number matches to one of their stones.

ichibanichiban

Rough_Rock
Premium
I did contact WF since there was a very very similar diamond, if you look at the dimensions:

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3925327.htm

It even had the same certification date, and carat size down to 3 decimal places. But in the end, it's a different certification ID and different diamond. The representative had the following to say:

A Cut Above diamonds are exclusively cut for Whiteflash. If it is a branded diamond, it was resold or a diamond we rejected from our inventory and they have not updated the cert. Looking at the cert I do see these are different certificate numbers. It looks like this might have been a diamond we rejected because of our strict standard for our ACA diamonds.

If it was indeed rejected, maybe it was borderline - not sure why!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My guess is the 1.37 was rejected by WF for their ACA line because of the 40.6 pav angle. I've not seen an ACA with 40.6 before, only 40.7-40.9. That said, a 34.9 crown combined with 40.6 pav is perfectly fine. Plus, it is AGS certified 000, so you don't need to worry.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results