shape
carat
color
clarity

Questions on G Princess Cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

illinijim

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone -

Hope you can help me. Posted this before but didn''t supply enough info. This time I''ve attached the Brillant scope report...

Here''s the Sarin particulars:
.82 Princess, G, VS1, Flo: No, L/W 1.02, Crown Angle 30.8, Crown Height: 9.2, Pavil Depth: 54.3, Culet 1.8, Table: 70, Depth 69.2, Girdle 1.6

To my untrained eye, it looks like the Pavil depth is a little low and the girdle is too thin, but the rest of it rates pretty high cut-wise. The DIY cut grader on gemappraisers gave it a IA.

The price is 3700, I''ve seen good things on this board about Jan at Diamond Brokers of Florida, and the brillance scope numbers are really good.

The bad news is I''ve seen a lot of G/VS1/Ideals for around 2700-3300 and I''m looking at a F/VS1/Ideal .9 on White Flash for the same money. Of course, I haven''t seen the brillance scope on those...

My question is - is this stone worth the money? Can I believe those brillance scope numbers?

Also, is there really an "ideal" princess cut or are you just wasting your money?

Thanks all - good luck to everyone!

Jim

BRILREP.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I would think Whiteflash can provide this kind of reports too? If I am wrong, than this post is pointless. And, No, there is no 'ideal princess' as of today. There are brand-name princess cuts out there, but there will always be a premium. I dobelieve that a non-branded stone can look as good as the one you have listed.
Look at THIS .

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 11/16/2003 11:27:31 PM illinijim wrote:

My question is - is this stone worth the money? Can I believe those brillance scope numbers?

Also, is there really an 'ideal' princess cut or are you just wasting your money?

Thanks all - good luck to everyone!

Jim
----------------

Well do you want a premium princess cut stone which outperforms many princess cut stones of lesser cut quality? The b-scope results on this stone look really excellent.

Is there an idealscope image available...

This stone looks to be a great candidate...See if you can get an idealscope image....

illinijim

Rough_Rock
Thanks Valeria and Colored Gemstone Nut -

That's what I thought - I really like this stone based on the b-report but you see so many other stones out there with grades/prices all over the map (but on many sites except supercert you can't see the images to go with the numbers). I was pretty sure "ideal" didn't apply and seems to add about $500 to boot. This wasn't listed as ideal but seemed to hit all the gemappraisers.com numbers...

I'll see about an IdealScope image.

Thanks,

Jim

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
illinijim,

I got my brilliant fire princess from DBOF.
Though I know it was a few hundred more than other stones because it is branded - I have no regrets. The thing sparkles and shines like mad - more than most of the other stones I see around - which are probably poor quality. It really puts the other princesses I saw while shopping around to shame.

I don't think DBOF supplies idealscope - but I wouldn't decide against the stone because they don't supply that.
I'd go and get your own idealscope and test it out.

I fell in love with my stone when it was shipped to us and didn't need any other proof it was the right stone.

Good luck. Jan and Brad won't steer you wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results