shape
carat
color
clarity

Questions about an inclusion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sentimental

Rough_Rock
I just got my ring and it is 1.6 carat round VS2, sorry I don''t have a lot of detail. It is beautiful and sparkly from the top. He told me the main inclusion is a crystal? I want to know what effects that has on the ring and also, when I look at the diamond from the side it looks like there is a little diamond inside, is that the crystal? Sorry I don''t know much about diamonds. Thanks for any input.
twirl.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
As long as the crystal doesnt break the surface its fine.

What you see could very well be the crystal diamonds are graded face up.

They are formed when the diamond grows around another stone.
Iv seen pictures of some red ones that looked real neat embedded in diamonds.
I think an eye visible red crystal embedded in a diamond would be really neat looking :}
I wonder if such a diamond is available? :}

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 2/24/2004 11:37:38 AM Sentimental wrote:

... when I look at the diamond from the side it looks like there is a little diamond inside, is that the crystal?
---------------

Oh this sounds so nice !

An included crystal should be so visible... if you are using serious magnification. A VS2 sized inclusion should not be big enough to see such detail with the naked eye (at least I can't). The inclusions should not ve visible top-down and, as Strmdr said, it will never affect the ring unless it breaks the surface of the diamond.

Is the diamond's clarity certified as VS2?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Who rated the clarity at VS2?? The jeweler or a reputable grading lab.

If the diamond was graded by a reputable lab, like Strm said, if the inclusions do not break the surface, you're OK. VS stands for Very Slightly. VS inclusions aren't usually eye visible and can sometimes be hard for the average person to find with a 10X loupe.

If the diamond was not Certed by a reputable grading lab, you might want to get a second opinion from an Independent Appraiser.
1.gif

Tek

Rough_Rock
When you are looking at it from the side, are you sure you're not seeing a reflection of the girdle instead of that crystal? Are you looking at it with a loupe on the side or with the naked eye? A VS2 should not be visible. Granted, I haven't looked at a ton of diamonds, but all the ones I have seen in the VS range were eye clean for all angles.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results