shape
carat
color
clarity

Questionable Pricing for a James Allen diamond

chimikey606

Rough_Rock
I was on the lookout for an Emerald Cut stone and Halo setting. As I was looking to spend upwards of $5K-$6k and utilizing an online store to get the most bang for my buck. I wasn’t necessarily going to go with a lab-grown but then I came across one at JA with the following specs.

Emerald Cut
1.09 Ct
E color
IF clarity

Price....$1320...

So....yeah I thought it was a typo but after looking at the 360 pic and IGI cert, it was gorgeous. I went for it and the ring is in production. As I wait though, the price literally has me worried that either it was a mistake or?? I don’t know. Just nervous. Can anyone provide some info as to why JA would have a stone this cheap?

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
Wowzer!!! Possible steal of the century.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is extremely good value compared to the wider MMD market right now - whether it is a genuine price or a pricing error, I hope it works out and you love it!

Feel free to post any more that you see that come up ;-) lol, and post pics when it arrives! :)

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
That is an unbelievable price for the color, clarity and size. I look forward to seeing your ring and major congratulations on your lucky find.!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The price is set by the wholesaler and then the retailer puts a margin on top of that from what I understand so you found one that is possibly experimenting with competing with Lightbox etc. Great find!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I might have to do some window-shopping at JA later... lol

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:shock:

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
Let’s hear it for MORE price “experimenting”!

Strawberries1

Shiny_Rock
How did it go OP?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results