shape
carat
color
clarity

Question re: wearing multiple CGS colors rings at the same time...

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
Lets also not forget Mr Yavorskyy's stunning red spinel, tsav and blue sapphire combination, also matched with his red spinel studs. In most of his insta pics he seems to wear the red spinel + tsav ring + red spinel earrings, not 6 rings all at the same time like the below, but still looks great in my view!

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock
I think it depends on jewellery/setting style, setting size and metal, not just the colour of the stone.

If we assume they are the same style, or all solitaires and just consider the colour, some combinations are probably easier to pull off than others, e.g. green and blue, purple and pink, purple and red etc.

I agree, about color coordinating, but, the stone colors won't blend. The middle finger ring will hold a kite set cushion cut Umbalite garnet. My pinky ring is for an emerald cut Indicolite blue-green tourmaline that will be set east/ west. Neither stone is set yet...

Although the stone colors won't match, they should look good together. If not, I can always wear the pinky ring on my index finger.

Here's pics of the garnet and the tourmaline. The tourmaline was delivered Saturday, mind you it has visible inclusions but I love the color so will probably keep it. But, if I found one with less visible inclusions I'd return this one right away!!

Any PSer's that know of an Indicolite blue-green Tourmaline stone for sale, let me know. I think I have a week to return this one. =)2 Would also need to hurry up and let the jeweler know too!!

Attachments

• 98771698-7EB5-4734-90B4-51B55A579A7E.jpeg
    98771698-7EB5-4734-90B4-51B55A579A7E.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 4
  • F412FC40-FB2F-40EC-AC8F-9655E34D2C1D.jpeg
    F412FC40-FB2F-40EC-AC8F-9655E34D2C1D.jpeg
    146.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 14C19BF9-9FB2-4EA5-BBDA-EEC1D6C7C0B7.jpeg
    14C19BF9-9FB2-4EA5-BBDA-EEC1D6C7C0B7.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, about color coordinating, but, the stone colors won't blend. The middle finger ring will hold a kite set cushion cut Umbalite garnet. My pinky ring is for an emerald cut Indicolite blue-green tourmaline that will be set east/ west. Neither stone is set yet...

Although the stone colors won't match, they should look good together. If not, I can always wear the pinky ring on my index finger.

Here's pics of the garnet and the tourmaline. The tourmaline was delivered Saturday, mind you it has visible inclusions but I love the color so will probably keep it. But, if I found one with less visible inclusions I'd return this one right away!!

Any PSer's that know of an Indicolite blue-green Tourmaline stone for sale, let me know. I think I have a week to return this one. =)2 Would also need to hurry up and let the jeweler know too!!
I think the colours look nice together - they don't clash. The orientation combo might work better if the garnet wasn't kite set, but I guess it also depends on the overall designs of the rings.

The only thing I've found is that whether worn on the same hand or on different ones, if one stone is brighter or more staurated than the other, it could have the effect of drowning out or 'out-popping' the other.

Depending on how dark the garnet is in real life, it's possible that this could happen, though going by your pics, that wouldn't seem to be the case.

I'm thinking a mandarin garnet or a strong purple stone thrown in together would also look nice (maybe on the other hand?) - do you happen to have one lying around? :D

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
Just noticed but my spelling/typo recently is awful!

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock
I think the colours look nice together - they don't clash. The orientation combo might work better if the garnet wasn't kite set, but I guess it also depends on the overall designs of the rings.

The only thing I've found is that whether worn on the same hand or on different ones, if one stone is brighter or more staurated than the other, it could have the effect of drowning out or 'out-popping' the other.

Depending on how dark the garnet is in real life, it's possible that this could happen, though going by your pics, that wouldn't seem to be the case.

I'm thinking a mandarin garnet or a strong purple stone thrown in together would also look nice (maybe on the other hand?) - do you happen to have one lying around? :D

No stones lying around, except the ones I don't like!!

I see your point about one stone looking bright while the other looks dark.

I know Umbalite garnets go dark in different lighting. Whereas, the tourmaline is light enough to not go dark.

In addition, I'm on the fence about sending the tourmaline back. One end is really included - looks like crushed ice under 10x mag. Doesn't look bad at a distance... But I love that color!!!! That's the only thing stopping me from returning.

By the way, I totally forgot that the tourmaline is a cushion cut not emerald.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've given this topic some semi serous thought :lol-2: (who am i kidding ?)

For me each hand is a completly different canvas
i would wear different colours but say with the colours spread out - like on a pinky and then the index finger

probably wouldn't introduce a 3rd colour on the other hand but then again i mainly have blues and greens

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
I've given this topic some semi serous thought :lol-2: (who am i kidding ?)

For me each hand is a completly different canvas
i would wear different colours but say with the colours spread out - like on a pinky and then the index finger

probably wouldn't introduce a 3rd colour on the other hand but then again i mainly have blues and greens

Don't forget your feet, you've got extra 2 canvasses there ;)2

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello All.
I could use some advice about right hand rings and if it's okay to wear different color gemstone rings at the same time. Would it be gauche? Should gemstone colors compliment each other? :confused:

What I'm trying to figure out is, would it look strange to wear a purplish-pink garnet ring on my middle finger and a totally different color gemstone on my pinky finger?

Suggestions are highly appreciated!! =)2

If YOU think it's gauche, then it is.
If YOU think it's okay, then it is.

All this stuff, gauche and okay, isn't real.
It's just made up and agreed with.

Hope this helps.

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
No stones lying around, except the ones I don't like!!

I see your point about one stone looking bright while the other looks dark.

I know Umbalite garnets go dark in different lighting. Whereas, the tourmaline is light enough to not go dark.

In addition, I'm on the fence about sending the tourmaline back. One end is really included - looks like crushed ice under 10x mag. Doesn't look bad at a distance... But I love that color!!!! That's the only thing stopping me from returning.

By the way, I totally forgot that the tourmaline is a cushion cut not emerald.

I pesonally would keep it if it was a good price as I'm not so bothered by inclusions that you can't really see from a distance (it's not noticeable in your pics) and colour is important. It's not like you're going to walk around looking at it with a loupe is it? If you keep seeing it when it's on the hadn and it bothers you then that's different.

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
:lol-2: :lol-2: :lol-2: :lol-2: :lol-2:

Actually years ago i tried toe rings
i really like them
but i just couldn't do it
it hurts
i can't wear jandels (flip flops) either

I have sometimes tried on my ruby on my toes. It looks nicer as the toes are smaller and the ring head gives good coverage. But only sitting down (and with clean feet and I did wash the ring afterwards too). No, you couldn't wear it, too painful I imagine, unless it's one of those rings that have an open adjustable band at the back.

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock
If YOU think it's gauche, then it is.
If YOU think it's okay, then it is.

All this stuff, gauche and okay, isn't real.
It's just made up and agreed with.

Hope this helps.

Kenny:
OMG you're absolutely right!!! It's us worrying about what others think!!

Last edited:

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock
...be careful, that's how it starts.

Regarding ring settings, both are solitaire with tiny diamonds. One is pave the other are only 0.03 points each.

Nothing fancy for me, I want to wear my new rings daily. If they had diamond halos or large size side diamonds, I'd find myself never wearing them; too delicate or even prescious...

I've attached pics of the middle finger ring and the bezel will be my pinky ring. I am having baby claw prongs added and the setting will be two-tone - the shank yellow gold / head white gold. Or maybe vice versa...

I can't wear frilly clothes or elaborate jewelery... I'd drive myself nuts constantly fussing with them to ensure they looked perfect. Been this way my entire life!! :???: :twisted2: :mrgreen:

Attachments

• A197BAB0-E34A-4BC8-AF43-CA74076411BD.jpeg
    A197BAB0-E34A-4BC8-AF43-CA74076411BD.jpeg
    184.1 KB · Views: 2
  • DF9F2B3F-C1A4-45C3-AB47-E9E09D553B35.jpeg
    DF9F2B3F-C1A4-45C3-AB47-E9E09D553B35.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 2
  • F5D956A8-64FA-433F-89FB-D7C69924BD1E.jpeg
    F5D956A8-64FA-433F-89FB-D7C69924BD1E.jpeg
    163.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing fancy for me, I want to wear my new rings daily. If they had diamond halos or large size side diamonds, I'd find myself never wearing them; too delicate or even prescious...

Haha, quite the opposite for me. Nice big clusters make me want to wear them all the time. Still haven't solved the problem of how they fit in with my clothes, let alone my totally different style costume jewellery earrings/necklaces!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Regarding ring settings, both are solitaire with tiny diamonds. One is pave the other are only 0.03 points each.

I've attached pics of the middle finger ring and the bezel will be my pinky ring. I am having baby claw prongs added and the setting will be two-tone - the shank yellow gold / head white gold. Or maybe vice versa...

I can't wear frilly clothes or elaborate jewelery... I'd drive myself nuts constantly fussing with them to ensure they looked perfect. Been this way my entire life!! :???: :twisted2: :mrgreen:

I love pinky rings
The world always needs more pinky rings!

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock

B631BFF8-05F2-40F1-9E6F-2F1F026C8AC8.jpeg
Finally got some good pics of my Umbalite garnet... These suckers are really hard to photograph!!! I used my iPhone - had to place my hand in the bottom right section of the grid. Otherwise, the stone looked darker.

Attachments

• D1E66BBB-7FC0-4382-8BD6-F5CDCB48648D.jpeg
    D1E66BBB-7FC0-4382-8BD6-F5CDCB48648D.jpeg
    158.9 KB · Views: 11
  • D2E6363A-BB44-4541-AA6E-8DFFE33E7CED.jpeg
    D2E6363A-BB44-4541-AA6E-8DFFE33E7CED.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 10

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
Finally got some good pics of my Umbalite garnet... These suckers are really hard to photograph!!! I used my iPhone - had to place my hand in the bottom right section of the grid. Otherwise, the stone looked darker.

Oh wow, so vivid! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock
I wish I had rings that fit my pinky and middle fingers. I sized all my rings to fit on my fourth fingers. So I don’t have that issue. Would love a yellow gold pinky signet ring.

I have a signet ring and a trinity rolling ring. The signet is set aside and as the trinity ring is small, I'll wear it on my left hand between the first and second knuckle. But I love a nice signet ring. I'll post a link to a jeweler in the UK who does great work!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results